Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Carp, post: 1480091, member: 10376"]Not a fan of this move. He's basically useless in the passing game. Would rather have gone Mackenzie Alexander or Vonn Bell.

A completely ignorant comment.

Derrick Henry shows off receiving skills at Alabama's pro day - NFL.com

Anyone can look good at a Pro day. Henry had the least amount of catches of any starting RB under Saban. Basically any draft profile about Henry highlights the same concerns over his pass catching.

I wouldn't expect a Bama homer to be unbiased, but if you can't see that it is a big concern, then you are totally blind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone can look good at a Pro day. Henry had the least amount of catches of any starting RB under Saban.

I wouldn't expect a Bama homer to be unbiased, but if you can't see that it is a huge concern, then you are totally blind.
I don't watch college football, so I am curious. Did Henry drop a lot of passes, or were they content on having him run more?

I guess the question is, did he fail as a receiver consistently or did he get asked to stay back and block more? Some of the things I've read is that he is a good pass blocking back.

I don't watch college football, so I am curious. Did Henry drop a lot of passes, or were they content on having him run more?

I guess the question is, did he fail as a receiver consistently or did he get asked to stay back and block more? Some of the things I've read is that he is a good pass blocking back.

Dropped two passes. Only caught 16 his entire career. At the very least, he is unproven in the passing game. Decent and experienced blocker in the passing game, though several scouting reports say he isn't as good as he should be for his size.

If this dude ca be GREAT, and I know he can be, and I'm personally confident he WILL be, this will turn out awesome. Forget the CB and WR on the board. Henry can be THE TRUTH

Dropped two passes. Only caught 16 his entire career. At the very least, he is unproven in the passing game. Decent and experienced blocker in the passing game, though several scouting reports say he isn't as good as he should be for his size.
Thanks for the response, I heard a lot of ESPN clips about him but that's the entirety of my scouting of Henry.

Titans don't seem to pass to the backs a lot, maybe due to personnel. Watching McCluster attempt screens has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Everyone realizes Henry will be getting coached by one of the best RB coaches in the game right?

An Alabama alum himself,

Sylvester mofuckin Croom

B9317249552Z.1_20150508002846_000_GEAANCHC6.1-0.jpg

AND NISSAN CHANTS

HENRY
HENRY
HENRY
HENRY
HENRY
HENRY

#MTGA

We didn't draft him to catch the ball...we drafted him to keep the chains moving and to help wear down a defense running the rock. Anything we get from him in the passing game is a bonus. He also is supposed to be solid in pass protection with his huge frame he will be like having an extra lineman in the game.

Anyone can look good at a Pro day. Henry had the least amount of catches of any starting RB under Saban. Basically any draft profile about Henry highlights the same concerns over his pass catching.

I wouldn't expect a Bama homer to be unbiased, but if you can't see that it is a big concern, then you are totally blind.

To be fair he wasn't given a lot of chances to catch passes but he wasn't horrible at it. Drake usually took those duties. We also don't need him to be a great pass catching RB right away since Demarco is a very good receiving back.

I did. I still don't see "Sankey is as good as every back taken after Henry".
Looks like you're trying to put words in someone's mouth to me.

This is not worth continuing.

I'd really love to see why you sheep are so butthurt over my comments here. I mean I said "Every RB still on the board" going into the third round after Henry was selected. OMG I'm such a meanie hater.

Sheep.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion as far as I'm concerned. When you started making exaggerated claims of support, I simply called your bluff. If you have an opinion state it and own it without embellishment and we can avoid this in the future.

It really is that simple.

This is not worth continuing.

I'd really love to see why you sheep are so butthurt over my comments here. I mean I said "Every RB still on the board" going into the third round after Henry was selected. OMG I'm such a meanie hater.

Sheep.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion as far as I'm concerned. When you started making exaggerated claims of support, I simply called your bluff. If you have an opinion state it and own it without embellishment and we can avoid this in the future.

It really is that simple.

Dude said "And they are all about 3 tiers lower then Elliott or Henry. Want another Stankey?"

and "yes and he is at the same level as lot of the RB left. (obviously except a sleeper)" this referring to Sankey.

What a HUGE exaggeration I made! :rolleyes:

I mean that is the exact same level of exaggeration made against me when I stated "every rb is left on the board" and posters hammered me saying I was stating Henry would be an NFL bust. Exact same thing.

As far as I can see, lack of receptions was due more to not being asked to than he can't. They had and used Drake for that role.

And to be honest for as good as everyone says Elliot's hands are, Henry looked more natural catching the ball at the combine. Who knows until he actually gets out there and does it.

I was fine rolling with Murray and the chumps. But I can't be mad at picking up a huge RB like Henry.

He's here to convert short yardage plays and beat the hell out of a defense. That helps everyone on the offense.

Imagine if the line is as nasty as advertised and Murray and Henry are pounding forward a good part of the game, the defense is wore out and Mariota and the receivers are still fresh. That's points on the board.

It was unexpected and not my favorite move, but I do see the potential that the combo of all the picks has to make this team better.

Looks like to me you're upset about being caught doing what you complained about here:

With the 45th Pick of the 2016 Draft: Alabama RB Derrick Henry | Page 15 | goTitans | a Tennessee Titans Fan Forum

How about being adult enough to try to correct it? (example here) :

With the 45th Pick of the 2016 Draft: Alabama RB Derrick Henry | Page 15 | goTitans | a Tennessee Titans Fan Forum

Or alternatively, you can continue with your current behavior. Either way, I'm done with this. I've no doubt you'll have the final word.

Dude said "And they are all about 3 tiers lower then Elliott or Henry. Want another Stankey?"

and "yes and he is at the same level as lot of the RB left. (obviously except a sleeper)" this referring to Sankey.

What a HUGE exaggeration I made! :rolleyes:

I mean that is the exact same level of exaggeration made against me when I stated "every rb is left on the board" and posters hammered me saying I was stating Henry would be an NFL bust. Exact same thing.

There was not a CB worthy at that pick....we got our future RB, which we could not pass up on. If we can keep the chains moving, we can keep our defense fresh and not worn out like last year.

CB is the obvious choice, but it all starts up front....we need to be able to rush the passer as well or it's pointless as no CB can hold coverage for a long period. Dodd and Austin should help improve the pressure.

And we have 2 #1 picks next year....we can get a really good CB next year not just pick one for the sake of it.

Exactly

A strong RB is more valuable than a crappy CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back