Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also, doesn't seem much of a difference to me...you're seriously sticking up for a guy who hasn't done crap over .05? I called you out...and you didn't even know the stats...lol

@JR1980

Big back that went pick 90 overall with Excellent hands.

Jordan Howard went round 5

Paul Perkins round 5

See I honestly want every RB from last year gone. Would've been fine if we drafted two late and hope to hit instead of taking the more sure thing in Derrick Henry in the 2nd. We need so much at other positions. And that RB draft class next year looks sooo good.
Time will tell what those guys do...the 2014 draft RB's all sucked...Prosise maybe good because he is in Seattle...enough said. I get it, ya don't have to like exotic smash mouth, but Henry was the best with what they wanted to do...Hey, I hope the kid turns out amazing and proves us all wrong...we are long overdue

I also feel that since we just got Murray we really didn't need to invest in another high level RB with a 2nd rounder at this time.

But Erotic Smash Mouth here we come!
I see your point...but I don't think Murray was ever the long term answer, and I think now they cut 2-3 RB's who have underachieved before. Think of it this way, at least we are good at RB this year...maybe next. Or if the class is deep next year, we grab another late round to go with Henry and cut Murray and he cap if needed. I think next draft we can cut it loose and take more chances. We have two 1sts and 2 thirds which is awesome too!

Lol tell me about it...I don't even care what his opinion is or how he thinks he will do honestly...It's the negative talk with zero knowledge or credibility.....Ya dig Brave?!
Meh, stupid people all over the place, can't care what they all think.

It's always worth listening at first but come on, this dude has been spouting off the same nonsense for over a week!

I'm not couting on Murray. I'm glad we got him for free almost, we desperately needed an upgrade at RB, but everyone I talk to (non Titan fans) all believe he's burned out.

And I'm not one to be influenced easily, but I think everyone of them is right.

I'm not couting on Murray. I'm glad we got him for free almost, we desperately needed an upgrade at RB, but everyone I talk to (non Titan fans) all believe he's burned out.

And I'm not one to be influenced easily, but I think everyone of them is right.
My gut feeling is that he was seriously in a scheme that didn't fit him at all. It showed for "one" season

I don't think Murray is washed up just yet...Maybe a few more quality years. I watched him a lot in Philly since I live around here. Chip didn't use ANYONE in that backfield properly...Sproles was the best of the bunch and he barely used him..He was forcing Murray to run laterally and also the OL was VERY bad in Philly last season. A ton of injuries etc...I personally think that DeMarco was deflated and just said F it......The dude was quality year after year in Dallas (outside of a few injuries etc). I think if we can block for him and Henry, we could be filthy in the run game....I just wish we had a shift back as a change of pace and for screens etc

But when I turn on his film, and when I saw him play in person, he's an absolute menace to other teams. You could see other teams wear out through the game and just get exhausted of tackling him. Yet he looked completely unfazed. He just kept going like he was completely fresh, despite carrying the rock 30+ times. That's stuff you can't coach and size that you can't find many places.
I have very little faith in Mularkey, throwing that out there right now. But having 2 big powerful backs definitely fits the mold of what he’s looking to do. If the OL can actually provide some run blocking, it’ll help wear the D down and really open up the play action. I don’t have faith in the coaches executing, but the plan they have isn’t a bad one.

Having Murray will benefit Henry IMO. Learn from someone who has had success playing a similar style. Who’s essentially on a 2 year deal while grooming Hunter. It’s a good situation and I understand why JR made the pick, just need his success to translate at the NFL level.

He should be exciting to watch.

Man the Henry doubters are gonna be pleasantly surprised to see a quality RB Wearing down defenses in the 4th quarter...

I really don't understand the negativity towards this guy. He has decent feet, above average vision, and enough speed to take it to the house on any given play. People are so caught up on him being too tall not shifty enough at the line of scrimmage.. If a RB is getting hit before he reaches the LOS than the play is already busted up.

So he left 55 yards on the field because he wanted to hit someone. Lovely.

All are one cut and play-side runs. No one denies Henry can make the one cut play-side run. If he didn't he wouldn't have been drafted until the third day. What I worry about is his ability to sift through the line and make it to the backside hole without having to turn his entire body.

He goes backside on this one. Too bad he has to stop his momentum, turn his entire body, and then begin to accelerate. That takes time that doesn't exist in the NFL.
Arian Foster has been running over the Titans defense for years with his 1 cut down hill style. Plenty of backs in the NFL who are 1 cut backs, and very successful. Who knows what kind of back Henry will be? He can't be any worse than what was on the team last season.

JR had 3 2nd round picks, and the Heisman trophy winner was sitting there when he made his third pick of the round. He was projected by most analysts and scouts to be a second round pick. Murray is 28 and had a miserable season last year. If he has another season like last year, what was the backup plan? Cobb, Sankey, Andrews? I get why he made the pick. The value was there. He doesn't have a 2nd next season, and there aren't too many 1st round running backs drafted anymore.

Arian Foster has been running over the Titans defense for years with his 1 cut down hill style. Plenty of backs in the NFL who are 1 cut backs, and very successful. Who knows what kind of back Henry will be? He can't be any worse than what was on the team last season.

JR had 3 2nd round picks, and the Heisman trophy winner was sitting there when he made his third pick of the round. He was projected by most analysts and scouts to be a second round pick. Murray is 28 and had a miserable season last year. If he has another season like last year, what was the backup plan? Cobb, Sankey, Andrews? I get why he made the pick. The value was there. He doesn't have a 2nd next season, and there aren't too many 1st round running backs drafted anymore.
Spot on....Exactly what I've been saying.

Are we running the Texans'/Broncos' one-cut zone scheme? No, we're running a man scheme. If the o-line doesn't do their job and create a hole where it is designed to go the play will be over because Henry can't go outside of the Xs and Os and make a play.

JR had 3 2nd round picks, and the Heisman trophy winner was sitting there when he made his third pick of the round. He was projected by most analysts and scouts to be a second round pick. Murray is 28 and had a miserable season last year.
Robinson passed on him twice. I don't doubt it was one of those "well if no one else is going to take a guy that big and fast I'll do it and hope for the best" situations.
If he has another season like last year, what was the backup plan? Cobb, Sankey, Andrews?
Suck and take one of the much more talented backs in the first round next year.

Are we running the Texans'/Broncos' one-cut zone scheme? No, we're running a man scheme. If the o-line doesn't do their job and create a hole where it is designed to go the play will be over because Henry can't go outside of the Xs and Os and make a play.

Robinson passed on him twice. I don't doubt it was one of those "well if no one else is going to take a guy that big and fast I'll do it and hope for the best" situations.

Suck and take one of the much more talented backs in the first round next year.
I get that you aren't a Henry fan. I am not a Bama fan myself, but the guy did get it done in college. The track record for Alabama running backs is about as bad as the track record for Vols receivers. I don't know if he will be the next Eddie George, or the next Ron Dayne. He is big, he is fast, and he was successful in the best division in college football. I think he has the ability to be a good back. Murray is also a 1 cut runner btw. So was Turner when Mularkey was the OC in Atlanta.

Maybe I'm not a big enough NCAA fan but all this talk of positonal track record by program is meaningless to me. How's the track record of Oregon QBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back