Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll make a cash money bet with anyone on this forum that Henry is NOT the 2nd best rookie rb this season.

Put up or shut up"

I take that as negative...Already doubting is abilities....maybe you are right...but you are guessing like the rest of us....So like I said...watch him on the NFL field first. As for the RB's left..I get your point about value and taking someone that was left later...but clearly they didn't fit the "Smashmouth" workhorse ideals that they wanted..Right or wrong. Can't fault them for taking a guy that has the stats and numbers to back it when they had so many picks, and you only have 1 starting quality back on the roster.....

Weak sauce.

If we are waiting to see what happens on the field why not shut down the forum? What's the point in even having a place to discuss the titans then?

Its easy to be a DW ... I could sit here and predict every 1st and 2nd round pick to be a bust, and I would probably be right on more than 50% of those predictions because the fact of the matter is, most players won't live up to their expectations.

But that doesn't mean I know sh*t about football or evaluating players.

lol @ someone saying he's going to steamroll LBs.

Being big doesn't automatically make you some physical back. He avoids contact more than he tries to punish anyone.

As a ball carrier, your job is to avoid guys that are trying to tackle you. It's kind of the point. If you can't avoid them, you steamroll them.

Actually... he's slower than Sankey.

BUT he is bigger. Because that's what apparently matters.

Being big doesn't automatically make you some physical back. He avoids contact more than he tries to punish anyone. There's a reason you can't find a clip of him bulldozing any college DBs even... just not in his arsenal.
Dude...Sankey ran a 4.49 at the combine....Henry ran an unofficial 4.47 and a 4.54 official. Know your stats before you come on here acting like Sankey is blazing or something lol.....Sankey sucks ballz...much like your thoughts and posts.

Weak sauce.

If we are waiting to see what happens on the field why not shut down the forum? What's the point in even having a place to discuss the titans then?
Okay first of all....no man should ever say "Weak sauce"...lol....I am saying that you can't judge the kid when you haven't seen him play at this level yet...Just like all of the others....Sure, go ahead and voice your opinions...It's a forum..but you are acting like people are nuts to think he could be good. If anything, his numbers prove it despite your belief. I don't think he will be "Amazing" per say...but could be nasty next to Murray and Co.

Okay first of all....no man should ever say "Weak sauce"...lol....I am saying that you can't judge the kid when you haven't seen him play at this level yet...Just like all of the others....Sure, go ahead and voice your opinions...It's a forum..but you are acting like people are nuts to think he could be good. If anything, his numbers prove it despite your belief. I don't think he will be "Amazing" per say...but could be nasty next to Murray and Co.

I've never even said he would be bad lol

If your trying to place bets that he won't be a top rookie RB..In essence, isn't that what you are implying? lol....Seems pretty cut and dry to me...

If you really can't tell the difference I feel bad for you.

I question the value of taking Henry in the 2nd round when we could've drafted two backs later. I also like the rbs in next years draft much better. But I don't think Henry will be a bad rb, he could/should have a good career as long as he avoids becoming lazy now that he gets paid.

Not a stretch to suggest a latter round back ends up having a better season as open as rb jobs are across the league. And Henry is likely in the lesser role of a timeshare this season... Which goes back to the value (or lack of) in taking a rb as high as we did.

If you really can't tell the difference I feel bad for you.

I question the value of taking Henry in the 2nd round when we could've drafted two backs later. I also like the rbs in next years draft much better. But I don't think Henry will be a bad rb, he could/should have a good career as long as he avoids becoming lazy now that he gets paid.

Not a stretch to suggest a latter round back ends up having a better season as open as rb jobs are across the league. And Henry is likely in the lesser role of a timeshare this season... Which goes back to the value (or lack of) in taking a rb as high as we did.
Hey I can't argue the RB thing...Especially after we swung and missed with Sankey, but that's my point...Sankey was a reach then and didn't have the numbers...This kid does, so give him that credit and wait to see. As for taking backs next year...EVERY damn year I am on here people say next year is better....Feel bad for me? Dude we have 1 starting caliber back...1......and even he is coming off of an average year with the Birds...They didn't have much of a choice other than to take a back with their 3rd second rounder....Sure, some guys were on the board then...but not guaranteed starters or players with the numbers he possessed...plain and simple. I am not a die hard Henry fan, but I get it....I wouldn't have felt good with the RB's we had behind them...and taking a flyer in the 5th and just "Expecting" those guys to fall, wouldn't have been smart...Easy for us to sit here and play Monday Morning QB

Actually... he's slower than Sankey.

BUT he is bigger. Because that's what apparently matters.

Being big doesn't automatically make you some physical back. He avoids contact more than he tries to punish anyone. There's a reason you can't find a clip of him bulldozing any college DBs even... just not in his arsenal.
Thanks for making that comment! Despite having watched every play of every Alabama game this season, this made me go back and look at some of his highlights and film.

Came away laughing and even more excited for him to be on our team because I had forgotten just how stupidly easy he makes brushing off tackles, his vision, burst, and extremely understated speed. I saw more guys taking terrible angles than any one I can remember.

The reason people like yourself knock him is because he makes plays look so much easier than they actually are. A true sign of greatness is making the impossibly difficult look easy. Watch a game with Brady, Brees or Rodgers and they all make the game look so simple; they're just playing pitch and catch with their receivers. Bad QB's make everything look like a challenge... because it is! The greats just make it look easy. And Henry absolutely has all the tools to be great in this league.

Whiz didn't seem to want him when he was here
I thought he was a Whiz/ Webster pick? Regardless whether Whiz was there or not I'd be calling SD. With the Gordon surgery and if we arent happy with Sankey it wouldn't hurt to put out a feeler and get something for him. If we may cut him anyway.

Thanks for making that comment! Despite having watched every play of every Alabama game this season, this made me go back and look at some of his highlights and film.

Came away laughing and even more excited for him to be on our team because I had forgotten just how stupidly easy he makes brushing off tackles, his vision, burst, and extremely understated speed. I saw more guys taking terrible angles than any one I can remember.

The reason people like yourself knock him is because he makes plays look so much easier than they actually are. A true sign of greatness is making the impossibly difficult look easy. Watch a game with Brady, Brees or Rodgers and they all make the game look so simple; they're just playing pitch and catch with their receivers. Bad QB's make everything look like a challenge... because it is! The greats just make it look easy. And Henry absolutely has all the tools to be great in this league.
Sankey is 5'10 209lbs....Henry Is 6'3 238 lbs....and kid ran a faster unofficial time and roughly the same being 30 lbs heavier and 5 inches taller....yeah, Sankey is faster...GTFOH

I thought he was a Whiz/ Webster pick? Regardless whether Whiz was there or not I'd be calling SD. With the Gordon surgery and if we arent happy with Sankey it wouldn't hurt to put out a feeler and get something for him. If we may cut him anyway.
He was a Whiz pick,,but he fell out of favor fast.

Sankey has no significant value, I'd be surprised if he even fetched a 7th rounder.

I don't agree with the hate or love for this guy.

Some have him as a bust and others have him as a day one starter the real answer here is none of the above.

He will struggle early because of the speed of the nfl but he will help Murray win us a couple of games at the end of the season.

I don't agree with the hate or love for this guy.

Some have him as a bust and others have him as a day one starter the real answer here is none of the above.

He will struggle early because of the speed of the nfl but he will help Murray win us a couple of games at the end of the season.
We will now relatively fast what he is about....RB's usually adjust pretty quick compared to other positions....I knew Sankey sucked when he ran with no passion in camp.

People forget that our RBs coach is one the worst in the NFL. Henry will struggle early because of that especially since henry looks kind of dumb.

The thing I noticed most, and got me quite excited, was it looked like Henry had a *boost* once he picked a hole and went. He saw where he wanted to go and accelerated very quickly, very impressive for his size. I haven’t watched a lot of tape, but I really liked what I’ve seen.

This is also forward thinking for JR. In two years when this team actually might have a shot at being really good, they’re already going to have their starting RB well versed in the system and the position will be taken care of. Actually, you see that in a number of the draft picks this year. It’s refreshing.

Would Jerome Bettis have been a good back if not for his size?

Would Chris Johnson have been a good back if not for his speed?

So somehow combining the 2 traits is a negative?
The trait that both of those guys had and one that Henry lacks is the quick feet. Jerome Bettis had the quickest feet for a guy his size I've ever seen. CJ could gain speed when he made his cuts, which is what made him so dangerous. Henry is very fast to accelerate going straight forward.

This is what I want to see in a RB and Henry just doesn't show it. Can he make the unblocked defender miss in the hole?
giphy.gif

There's one guy between you and the end zone and you run directly into him?
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back