Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't think Flacco played great football in the playoffs that year then you're mad. 11 TDs with zero INTs in four games. Great QB play resulted in that championship.

Roethlisberger is going to the Hall of Fame.

I personally think Wilson is a great QB.

Like I said, find me a non-great QB who won a Super Bowl without a great defense.
Defense still wins championships. Media today continues to push this necessity for a HoF QB when that just simply isn't accurate.

My point is that Flacco is not a great QB but put together an amazing post season run resulting in a ring. A HoF QB is certainly not a requirement to win the big game. Super Bowl winners of past prove time and again that only a serviceable QB is required and anything better than that is a plus.

HOF is arguable on the "great" term, as I pointed out Namath.

Roethlisberger will likely get in, but anyone that watched the 05' Super Bowl at least will argue that was the worst and most questionable victory ever.

And the 2009 Super Bowl?
That was a great game, what a finish. I'm not slighting Roethlisberger because I think he is an excellent QB. I was slighting that game and how poor he played in that game for the simple argument of his 2 Super Bowl wins = HoF. 1 isn't a guarantee, 2 probably is. Plus he has a 3rd visit.

I'm not 100% sold on Mariota, but I am excited for the things I've seen already. In regards to being an Alex Smith over an A-Aron Rodgers, I hope Mariota is at least an Alex Smith. Smith is a solid NFL starter, he can move, and is pretty accurate. I agree he has deep ball issues, but it seems that coaches can cater an offensive plan to that style. I said it at the time and I'll repeat it now, SF made a huge mistake giving up Smith for Kaepernick.
Mariota may struggle with deep ball now but he's electric. You cannot compare him to Alex Smith. He's a very special talent and it's obvious when you hear how other players speak about him besides what we've seen on the field. If Marcus doesn't become great it will be because of something tragic because he's got it all , brains and athleticism. He's a damn beast , we are really lucky to have him.

Mariota may struggle with deep ball now but he's electric. You cannot compare him to Alex Smith. He's a very special talent and it's obvious when you hear how other players speak about him besides what we've seen on the field. If Marcus doesn't become great it will be because of something tragic because he's got it all , brains and athleticism. He's a damn beast , we are really lucky to have him.
Not trying to compare him to Alex Smith from his abilities stand point but to his ability to be successful and be the guy that is capable of bringing home the Lomardi trophy. I think Alex Smith is good, not Aaron Rodgers good, but among the better QB's in the league.

That was a great game, what a finish. I'm not slighting Roethlisberger because I think he is an excellent QB. I was slighting that game and how poor he played in that game for the simple argument of his 2 Super Bowl wins = HoF. 1 isn't a guarantee, 2 probably is. Plus he has a 3rd visit.
He's a sqeeler so FUCK HIM.

Hopeful more than anything.

I don't get the "I'm sold" attitude towards him. Two injuries, ten fumbles in 12 games(an issue dating back to college), and four really great games versus eight average to below average games.

He was on a **** team, so it's impossible to have any idea.

I worry he's a lot more like Alex Smith than he is Aaron Rogers.
You do know that Vince Young had 12 fumbles his rookie season and even Steve Mcnair had 16 Fumbles in his 3rd season, being the 1st season with the titans, and Warren Moon had 17 fumbles his rookie season.
Its going to be ok everyone fumbles but lets just hope he cleans it up a little.

You do know that Vince Young had 12 fumbles his rookie season and even Steve Mcnair had 16 Fumbles in his 3rd season, being the 1st season with the titans, and Warren Moon had 17 fumbles his rookie season.
Its going to be ok everyone fumbles but lets just hope he cleans it up a little.
It's not just the fumbles in his rookie year. He had ball security issues at Oregon too. 27 fumbles in 41 games in college.

It's a legitimate concern.

It's not just the fumbles in his rookie year. He had ball security issues at Oregon too. 27 fumbles in 41 games in college.

It's a legitimate concern.
Hes been working on his security issues this offseason so he says but lets just hope it shows.

Well according to everyone on here...Conklin sucks, Henry sucks, etc...so he will probably have more fumbles this year.
Neither Conklin or Henry "suck". I think the Titans got solid players, I would've just preferred other players at the spots where they selected. I think Decker is at least as good as Conklin and in some ways, he might be better. That's why I was even remotely upset with them trading up for Conklin. I do like the fact that they took a tackle in the first and I do believe Conklin will be an excellent tackle for us. I would've preferred Noah Spence to Dodd as well, but like with Conklin.. Dodd is by no means a bad player. It was all about preference, and I'm not the GM.. so I'll trust them and their evaluations over mine. Henry is going to be a monster for us.

I'm with you bro....I actually liked it. First draft where smarts were actually used and noticed.
Even with Mularkey as the head man in charge, I'm still really excited about this team and its potential. I still would prefer they go out and get another inside linebacker like Donald Butler or Curtis Lofton for depth purposes. Neither would start, but I am not a fan of Spence or Palmer. That is really my only concern with this team currently.

Even with Mularkey as the head man in charge, I'm still really excited about this team and its potential. I still would prefer they go out and get another inside linebacker like Donald Butler or Curtis Lofton for depth purposes. Neither would start, but I am not a fan of Spence or Palmer. That is really my only concern with this team currently.
Yeah I agree man..I think we need some depth there and at Center....A true Center not named Schwenke or Galik....I do like our squad as well. I think the liked Conk and knew he would have been long gone...and close with Decker or not, he is a MUCH better run blocker, which is what they front office wants...I get it.

There very likely wouldn't have been a Tackle left at 15. The Giants would have went Tackle
Instead of CB and would have left only decker available in hopes he would still be available. The lions could have targeted a trade up in front of us and still got him leaving us with second tier tackles.

Do I like the trade up price? No. But it's
Done and the team got their guy regarsless

The main thing I think is they got the players they wanted : work ethic, team first, hard nosed, and productive football players. Myles Jack we could have taken at top of round 2, but wasn't what they were looking for. Spence was not what they were looking for. I am pleased with the selections because of the character and integrity. I know some wanted the athletes or players with certain combine numbers. I am glad we finally got away from those players. We got hard nosed productive players. Titan Up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back