Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there any worthwhile secondary players still on the board when Henry was drafted? I can't remember. I recall thinking at the time that it was weird that we went RB when next year's draft will be overflowing with RB talent.

That said, I don't get the Alabama RB hate. Last time I checked Mark Ingram is still the starting RB for the Saints, TJ Yeldon did decent for the Jags, and Eddie Lacy is still the starting RB for the Packers (though he went a bit nuts with his eating habits). Trent Richardson is the one example of a failed starting Bama RB in the NFL (under Nick Saban anyways), and a nontrivial amount of his failure can be attributed to a rule change that directly affected the way he played the position.

You know what else would help his fumbling? Not being the most sacked QB in the league.
Also, not fumbling when no one touches you.
motafumble.0.gif

Keep two hands on the ball...

Two hands on the ball and it still gets knocked out.

He's extremely frustrating when it comes to this.

Constantly fumbles, yet has no regard for the ball when in danger still. Doubt he'll ever "get it" when it comes to that and we'll just have to live with it.

Another angle of the fumble against the Browns. Can't happen.

Give me a break, you know who fumbled a lot when they first started? Tom Brady. He had 36 fumbles his first 3 seasons as a starter (after sitting to learn) and has had double digit fumble stats a couple times after that. Brady: 12 fumbles in 14 starts in 2001. I don't think it means as much as you want it to mean.

Does he need to get better? Sure, but he also needs to be protected better. You can find highlights like those for just about every single QB.

Watch:
"Come on Tom Brady you had 2 hands on the ball"
Tom Brady fumble - NFL Videos

"Should have seen this one coming and protected the football"

etc, etc.

Give me a break, you know who fumbled a lot when they first started? Tom Brady. He had 36 fumbles his first 3 seasons as a starter (after sitting to learn) and has had double digit fumble stats a couple times after that. Brady: 12 fumbles in 14 starts in 2001. I don't think it means as much as you want it to mean.

Does he need to get better? Sure, but he also needs to be protected better. You can find highlights like those for just about every single QB.

Watch:
"Come on Tom Brady you had 2 hands on the ball"
Tom Brady fumble - NFL Videos

"Should have seen this one coming and protected the football"

etc, etc.
When Mariota becomes the best to ever play the position I will live with his 12 fumbles a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back