Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more football players. We draft a heisman winner. We need to draft less guys based on there performance in shorts and a t shirt. Omg this guy stumbled doing a footwork drill.

Typical Titans fans.

Oh no he stumbled he suckzzzzz

No, actually typically Titans fans are the ones that get hyped over a Heisman winner and disregard all logic that he won't pan out in the NFL.

YOU are the typical Titans fan.

No, actually typically Titans fans are the ones that get hyped over a Heisman winner and disregard all logic that he won't pan out in the NFL.

Basically...everyone here thinks the opposite of you man...You're a Debbie Downer. Life is too short bro, you should actually get behind your team and have a positive outlook for once.

Anybody that has to talk big like that, probably was a book worm, got their lunch stolen, and was a window shopper trying to act cool. Perhaps living at home with mom and dad, action figures, etc?..

Note the one "talking big like that"....

I merely say I'll play him wherever. Yet... never wants to show up.

Basically...everyone here thinks the opposite of you man...You're a Debbie Downer. Life is too short bro, you should actually get behind your team and have a positive outlook for once.

So. Tell me.

In your everyday life, do you have the same approach?

Let's say you have a car. You love the car. You've had it since you were 16. You invest time, money, etc into the car. The mechanic you have keeps trying to fix it, but it keeps breaking down. This happens for 15 years...

Let's say your mechanic, instead of fixing the transmission that's clearly slipping decides tinted windows are what you really need.... and he does this type of sh** every time... You still going to be happy with the mechanic? Still going to have faith that THIS time your car will come out running like new?

Doubt it.

My pessimism is warranted. Your optimism is not.

So. Tell me.

Let's say you have a car. You love the car. You've had it since you were 16. You invest time, money, etc into the car. The mechanic you have keeps trying to fix it, but it keeps breaking down. This happens for 15 years...

Let's say your mechanic, instead of fixing the transmission that's clearly slipping decides tinted windows are what you really need.... and he does this type of sh** every time... You still going to be happy with the mechanic? Still going to have faith that THIS time your car will come out running like new?

Doubt it.

Yes this team has been bad but I wonder why are you still a Titans fan then?

Optimism is what keeps us as fans...if all you have is pessimism, then go be a Denver, NE, or Seattle fan and enjoy optimism for a change.

Yes this team has been bad but I wonder why are you still a Titans fan then?
Emotional attachment, mostly.

It seems like every April I throw my hands up and just walk around the house yelling "I DONE!"

Two days later I come crawling back.

I can tell you the only reason I stick around this board is because of the posters. I couldn't care less about the Titans football talk. "We're bad." "Yep. Really bad."

Last edited by a moderator:
So. Tell me.

Doubt it.

it's football dude...not my life or means of transportation lol...Just a tad different. Actually, yes...my optimism is warranted...Many thought we had a good draft, a better GM, that gave us some extra shots. Definitely heading in a better direction whether you like it or not...

I mean I never said anything about how I think he will do as a pro football player just funny watching everyone act like its the end of the world Because he stumbled doing a footwork drill. The humor is in the irony.

I'm very skeptical of Henry but if he fails it's not going to be because he messed up a drill in OTAs. Please do carry on though in making baseless assumptions.

It shouldn't take eight years either...
You and I are on the same page often Fry...and I get the frustration, I really do...but it is what it is. We have Webster to thank. Every draft you have good and bad choices. I think all things considered Jrob is proving he is MUCH better than him with what he has to deal with. We did good, and we all know this is a 3 year rebuild...so ya either join up and deal with it, or roll out. Only options. I choose to be a Titans fan...despite that D head Webster and the past 8 years, and I think in time, we will be solid again.

I mean I never said anything about how I think he will do as a pro football player just funny watching everyone act like its the end of the world Because he stumbled doing a footwork drill. The humor is in the irony.

I'm very skeptical of Henry but if he fails it's not going to be because he messed up a drill in OTAs. Please do carry on though in making baseless assumptions.
Exactly. I could care less about his first footwork drill...Drama queens up in here

It shouldn't take eight years either...
... look, some of us have been fans of this organization since the 70's... the point being suffering as a fan is nothing new to anyone who is or has been a fan for any length of time. Every so often we have a team worth watching, the rest of the time we are very much like Cubs fans. It sucks but it's true. I've been thru Jack Pardee, Jerry Glanville, Bum Phillips, Fisher, Munch, Wiz... 1. This team has not had a decent coach other than Fisher since Bum. 2. McNair and Moon are the only two decent qb's this franchise has had since Stabler bolted from the Faiders for a couple of seasons... if you are old enough to remember Dan Pastorini we can both cry in our beers lol. 3. Even thru all the bad most of those teams had decent lines (the exception being the last 5-6 years) we also normally had a respectable defense (something we haven't had for about the same time frame).... The difference between then and now (hopefully) is we have a GM who isn't afraid to make moves agree with them or not and if nothing else an extremely young team with some talent (which has yet to bloom in some cases and may never in others). Stick around for 35 or 40 years with 1 SB appearance, the Buffalo freaking Bills, the $#!t burg Steelers and the fracking Donks as Oiler fans will remember and now the Ravens owning us in the playoffs and we'll both roll around in our wheelchairs slapping nurses hind ends at the home laughing about the futility of being a Titans fan.

Big ass dude like that ain't gonna have extremely smooth feet. That's just a given. Good to see they want him to work on it but it's obvious he doesn't need to back Pedal haha

Also the agility attribute is greatly needed to be a creator in the back field, that's not happening. Never was. Was never his game. If we drafted him to be that we already failed.

He needs a crease/hole/cutback lane. Needs to be clear lol.

What's the point of drafting a RB in the 2nd round if he needs to have clear running lanes?

What's the point of drafting a RB in the 2nd round if he needs to have clear running lanes?
He wont, because when he was in college he had to fight for a lot of those yards but people on this forum only wanna look at the holes he sometimes got in college and some of us will be like omg any back could run like that with those holes, even my grandma could do that, but in reality they have no clue.

Cant see the whole picture if you only watch highlights.
Dont see why people cant just give him a chance before they start talking crap acting like they know something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back