Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kickers touch the ball a lot too. Want to drop a 2nd round pick on one?

Todays NFL it's proven over and over again that RB is the most disposable position there is.

You watch/know football enough to where I don't have to explain this to you, so stop acting dumb.
If that's true than how come we had one of the worst Running Back production last year? Its not that simple. Hell we got Henry in the 2nd round with our 3rd selection. By that time we didn't have a guy available that would fill a GLARING need

If that's true than how come we had one of the worst Running Back production last year? Its not that simple. Hell we got Henry in the 2nd round with our 3rd selection. By that time we didn't have a guy available that would fill a GLARING need

the only possible discussion for there (45th) would have been Vonn Bell.

the only possible discussion for there (45th) would have been Vonn Bell.
Henry had better upside...If they were sold on Bell (especially with Lebeau knowing that position well) they would have taken him. We didn't give up the farm for him, he's a workhorse capable back, and had nobody behind Murray. If you are trying to go heavy run, ya better have the tools to do so. He was a top 2 back from start to finish into the draft by pretty much every analyst, scout, etc.

Henry had better upside...If they were sold on Bell (especially with Lebeau knowing that position well) they would have taken him. We didn't give up the farm for him, he's a workhorse capable back, and had nobody behind Murray. If you are trying to go heavy run, ya better have the tools to do so. He was a top 2 back from start to finish into the draft by pretty much every analyst, scout, etc.

I agree. I was really upset when we missed him by 2 picks though (transition from end of Rd 2 [Saints] to our #1 in Rd 3)

Should have traded #45 in the trade for #8. THAT should have been the only possible discussion regarding that selection.

Now we don't have a second rounder next year and a slow footed RB.

Don't be so quick to hit the negativity.

Since JRob showed he's not shy to trade up/down for the right deal -- I have a strong commitment to the notion that we're going to move a #1 to pull in a 2nd rounder - or even multiple 2nd rounders like this year [does anyone know at this point who, if any, has multiple 2017 second rounders?] ..... I believe when Rob set up the trade with Cleveland he knew he had that outlet and recovery net.

Don't be so quick to hit the negativity.

Since JRob showed he's not shy to trade up/down for the right deal -- I have a strong commitment to the notion that we're going to move a #1 to pull in a 2nd rounder - or even multiple 2nd rounders like this year [does anyone know at this point who, if any, has multiple 2017 second rounders?] ..... I believe when Rob set up the trade with Cleveland he knew he had that outlet and recovery net.
I'll stop bitching about not having a second rounder next year when we have a second rounder next year. Until then #TradeRaped.

Should have traded #45 in the trade for #8. THAT should have been the only possible discussion regarding that selection.

Now we don't have a second rounder next year and a slow footed RB.

AND YET, sports science says he has the quickest 5, 10 and 20 yard burst of any player they've tested in 3 years... is this wishful thinking on your part or are the people who did the testing lying? Again 2200 plus, 28 td's, 4 200 yard games only Bo Jackson and Herschell Walker.... starting to think you're hoping you're right just to be that "I told you so guy" even though the numbers don't match what you are continuously saying.

AND YET, sports science says he has the quickest 5, 10 and 20 yard burst of any player they've tested in 3 years... is this wishful thinking on your part or are the people who did the testing lying?
He has a great forward burst. I've acknowledged that several times in many threads. Zero lateral quickness.

That we won't be adding one of the significantly better RBs in the 2017 draft, not just Cook.

and that pisses you off enough to where you're willing to write off a season/use and label a draft pick WASTED after day ONE with the helmets on...... makes sense.

and that pisses you off enough to where you're willing to write off a season/use and label a draft pick WASTED after day ONE with the helmets on...... makes sense.
Hey now, I haven't said one thing about the Henry videos at mini camp because it's fucking mini camp.

I have come away with my conclusions based on what I watched him do at Alabama and how I think it translates to the NFL.

Make no mistake about it though, Fournette, Cook, and Chubb are much better NFL prospects than Derrick Henry.

Hey now, I haven't said one thing about the Henry videos at mini camp because it's ****ing mini camp.

I have come away with my conclusions based on what I watched him do at Alabama and how I think it translates to the NFL.

Make no mistake about it though, Fournette, Cook, and Chubb are much better NFL prospects than Derrick Henry.

I wasn't referring to the video.

I was just stating fact of date.

And the assumption that one prospect is better than another is debatable to the extreme. We could go on for years with debates about that subject... I think the most important thing to support any claim of either/or better the better prospect, is system..... System dictates careers.... And the next immediate thing is OL...

I think in our system, and hopefully with the major ratcheting of our OL, Henry is way better off than that of some systems that would have pulled the trigger on him.... And you could say the same for FOR, COOK, CHUBB when they're drafted.... A bad system can kill the BEST rb.... and a bad OL can ACTUALLY kill the BEST rb..

Overall message? I think the Derrick Henry selection made complete sense.

Lol he ran through arm tackles a lot in college when he didn't have the hole which happens often but like i said people only watch highlights and think OMG HOLES.

I would use an adjective before that generalization... (some)

Not all 'people' zone in on YouTube Highlights... the informed ones use full tape.

Kickers touch the ball a lot too. Want to drop a 2nd round pick on one?

Todays NFL it's proven over and over again that RB is the most disposable position there is.

You watch/know football enough to where I don't have to explain this to you, so stop acting dumb.
Kickers? Wow

You've lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back