Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
F*ck, Henry's feet are terrible. He shouldn't get a single carry before the 4th quarter. The guy is a total failure if he doesn't get a 5 yard head start with a gaping hole.
lmao do you even know what your looking at? what are you going off of that drill that hes never done before from yesterday that P.Kularsky put up lmao and just trying to go with the flow. Saying that he doesn't deserve a carry is a bit extreme. Even with no hole he got 3 - 8 yards every time almost, put another halfback in their and see what happens ever wonder why they dont run the other bama back up the middle because he wouldn't gain a yard he always runs to the outside.

lmao do you even know what your looking at? what are you going off of that drill that hes never done before from yesterday that P.Kularsky put up lmao and just trying to go with the flow. Saying that he doesn't deserve a carry is a bit extreme. Even with no hole he got 3 - 8 yards every time almost, put another halfback in their and see what happens ever wonder why they dont run the other bama back up the middle because he wouldn't gain a yard he always runs to the outside.

If your conclusion from all those videos is that Henry has good feet, can make someone miss, has any lateral movement whatsoever.....then I certainly feel sorry for you.

2/3rds of the yards Henry got in college were because he was bigger than everyone else or was running through gaping holes created by the Alabama offensive line. That won't translate to the NFL.

Sorry bud.

If your conclusion from all those videos is that Henry has good feet, can make someone miss, has any lateral movement whatsoever.....then I certainly feel sorry for you.

2/3rds of the yards Henry got in college were because he was bigger than everyone else or was running through gaping holes created by the Alabama offensive line. That won't translate to the NFL.

Sorry bud.
lol the reason for posting all those vids is to show that he dont always get gaping holes most of the time like the highlights show he bounces out to the left or right for big gains or has to fight for his yards and yes he does need work on his footwork but its not that terrible hes a big back so hes not going to be like all the other backs hes got strengths and weaknesses like every back but its just not what everyone's used to when it comes to Henry.

He has a great forward burst. I've acknowledged that several times in many threads. Zero lateral quickness.
So you've never seen him bounce a single play from inside the tackles to the outside? If not then you haven't watched him play, if you're saying this because he's not the guy who cuts and cuts again and cuts again I agree with you, but to say he has slow feet and no lateral movement just isn't true. He is a ONE cut back, just like a guy who has owned us for a few years named Arian Foster. Same style of back just bigger. He won't be Barry Sanders or even that type of back due to his size alone. If that is what you wanted I don't know what to tell ya. Personally I think that a Murray/Henry combo is about 1.3 to 1.5 ypc better than what we've been putting on the field. That will translate into wins by helping keep a suspect defense off the field longer and hopefully opening things up in the passing game that haven't been there because no one respected our running game. That's 30 plus yards per game with 2 guys who have a nose for the end zone. None of the backs we've had since CJ left had that or the power, size, speed equation to wear opposing defenses down. I also personally believe the run game from those 2 is going to help our passing game. Like it or not, Henry is a pretty good 2nd level of protection and has better hands than most think just because he wasn't used much in that way at Bama. We all know what Murray can do so now it will be a pick your poison situation, either load the box or get run over and gives Marcus a tad more protection in multiple ways. Now it's up to the line and WR's to step up.

lol the reason for posting all those vids is to show that he dont always get gaping holes most of the time like the highlights show he bounces out to the left or right for big gains or has to fight for his yards and yes he does need work on his footwork but its not that terrible hes a big back so hes not going to be like all the other backs hes got strengths and weaknesses like every back but its just not what everyone's used to when it comes to Henry.
Check his college number...27, sorta like Eddie George.
He's a big back that punishes people instead of making everyone miss, sorta like Eddie George.
Hopefully he'll be sorta like Eddie George.

Check his college number...27, sorta like Eddie George.
He's a big back that punishes people instead of making everyone miss, sorta like Eddie George.
Hopefully he'll be sorta like Eddie George.

And we all saw what happened when EG27 no longer had good blocking and had to chop his feet at or before the LOS.....

And we all saw what happened when EG27 no longer had good blocking and had to chop his feet at or before the LOS.....
Correct...and we all saw EG27 at the beginning of his career which is exactly where Henry is at the moment.

I understand that you don't like Henry and you want him to suck to prove your point so I know my reply doesn't matter to you. But, I'm hoping he's just the player we need him to be right now...a great young backup/potential starter that can help us win some games and bolster our new power running game.

I understand that you don't like Henry and you want him to suck to prove your point so I know my reply doesn't matter to you. e.

Quite the opposite...I hold a realistic, some say negative outlook towards most things Titans. Especially with our picking a player that relies so much on others around him.

I'd much rather these guys prove me wrong, because that means my favorite team since I was born and suffered through the late 70s Oilers and the Warren Moon Oilers, is actually successful.

I don't like being right about the failures of this organization, believe me, but it happens far to frequently to act like I don't know what I'm talking about.

So you've never seen him bounce a single play from inside the tackles to the outside?
You just like arguing with me, don't you?

I've seen him do it. I've made posts about how slowly he does it and how I don't think that amount of time will be available for him to do it against NFL defenses. You've responded to those posts.

I don't know what more you want from me. I've given an opinion on what I have seen him do in college and how I think it translates to the NFL. You give me college statistics that I couldn't care less about.

:deadhorse:

So you've never seen him bounce a single play from inside the tackles to the outside? If not then you haven't watched him play, if you're saying this because he's not the guy who cuts and cuts again and cuts again I agree with you, but to say he has slow feet and no lateral movement just isn't true. He is a ONE cut back, just like a guy who has owned us for a few years named Arian Foster. Same style of back just bigger. He won't be Barry Sanders or even that type of back due to his size alone. If that is what you wanted I don't know what to tell ya. Personally I think that a Murray/Henry combo is about 1.3 to 1.5 ypc better than what we've been putting on the field. That will translate into wins by helping keep a suspect defense off the field longer and hopefully opening things up in the passing game that haven't been there because no one respected our running game. That's 30 plus yards per game with 2 guys who have a nose for the end zone. None of the backs we've had since CJ left had that or the power, size, speed equation to wear opposing defenses down. I also personally believe the run game from those 2 is going to help our passing game. Like it or not, Henry is a pretty good 2nd level of protection and has better hands than most think just because he wasn't used much in that way at Bama. We all know what Murray can do so now it will be a pick your poison situation, either load the box or get run over and gives Marcus a tad more protection in multiple ways. Now it's up to the line and WR's to step up.

This again. Apparently this is the only guy on the board who has watched him play.

It hath been decreed by Titan/Oiler yet another soul hath been posting about Henry, yet hath not seen him play.

Quite the opposite...I hold a realistic, some say negative outlook towards most things Titans. Especially with our picking a player that relies so much on others around him.

I'd much rather these guys prove me wrong, because that means my favorite team since I was born and suffered through the late 70s Oilers and the Warren Moon Oilers, is actually successful.

I don't like being right about the failures of this organization, believe me, but it happens far to frequently to act like I don't know what I'm talking about.
Totally new staff, give it a chance and see what happens.

I don't know how, as a UGA fan, you can say raving things about Henry after watching Gurley and Chubb play.

Henry is nowhere near the level of talent those guys are. If Henry was in next year's class, he'd probably be the 5th running back taken.

Sankey....good feet, worst back I've seen in years taken that high...Henry light years better.. Fournette, Chubb, etc will be gone by round 1 or early 2. We don't have a second and can't afford to burn a 1st rounder on a RB when we need CB and WR help likely. The pick was fine where he went. Let's just hope he does well at the next level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back