Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not on him our RB coach put him in the doghouse just because he likes bigger backs.

Groom or whatever his name is can't develop backs and I don't think he will develop Henry who clearly needs coaching.
I'm not arguing our coaching...but you can't blame the coach on his play after almost 50 carries....He showed very little acceleration, breaking tackles, and vision...those are football skills every player should have. He got beat out by a UFA who runs a 5.0....He was the 1st overall taken back, and couldn't beat him..Scheme or not. Don't even get me started about his inability to return kicks/punts either

Henry/Sankey are not really Bums but I think Deuce is going to be right at end of this our coaching is going to make Henry into a bum throwing another second round pick away.

I love Henry I think he has the tools but no rookie or young RB is never going to develop under Groom.So I advice most you here to not get your hopes up.

I predict Henry could get about 3 ypc. He could break some for decent gains. But if he manages to keep his wits and feet... he could actually get that on a consistent basis.

Just possibilities.

Sankey....good feet, worst back I've seen in years taken that high...Henry light years better.. Fournette, Chubb, etc will be gone by round 1 or early 2. We don't have a second and can't afford to burn a 1st rounder on a RB when we need CB and WR help likely. The pick was fine where he went. Let's just hope he does well at the next level

What makes Sankey the worst RB you've ever seen besides dropping 3 kickoffs and getting totally f_cked by Whiz?

Tell me a time he got carries or playing time consistently in 3 games straight. The fact of the matter is we STILL don't know what we have in Sankey.

Croom... His fucking name is Sylvester Croom

Tennessee+Titans+v+Atlanta+Falcons+LugA0IMiAAal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have to rely that heavily on coaching for a player that already had 50 carries and beat by a UFA...seems they aren't that good....Same coach, beat by Andrews and DMC...Stats don't lie

If you have to rely that heavily on coaching for a player that already had 50 carries and beat by a UFA...seems they aren't that good....Same coach, beat by Andrews and DMC...Stats don't lie
Ok take Sankey out of the picture Andrews and DMC did NOTHING with the carries.All of RBs suck for a reason lack of coaching.

Look on how bad our rookie from last year look I see the same thing happening with Henry.

Ok take Sankey out of the picture Andrews and DMC did NOTHING with the carries.All of RBs suck for a reason lack of coaching.

Look on how bad our rookie from last year look I see the same thing happening with Henry.
Coaching is not the only reason a RB sucks....It contributes. but their are may variables....Speed of the game, quality of defense they are facing, vision, Offensive line, etc....I had good coaches and bad coaches...I still played well with F ing either of them...I had a job to do, I had a talent, I did it.....I wasn't 100% dependent on somebody showing me everything. Did it help me improve, sure.....but not a sole reflection of my play.

The truth is it matters little to dunce what he produces...even if he comes out and does what I think, around 800 yards or so with shared carries in the backfield. Dunce will cherry pick plays or pick apart his game with his usual "madden" football knowledge.

Wait wait wait...

You think he'll get 800 yards... with SHARED carries???

latest

Dude.

Really.

He could be the full-time back and he still wouldn't get 800 yards.

And I'm not even knocking him, just being realistic. Even if he were good- the odds of that happening are slim.

Stop setting these absurd expectations for players. This is why you guys end up hating players after 2 years.

And then you have the nerve to talk about someone else with "Madden" football knowledge. Holy hell.

Henry should see 4-500 yards with split carries. I don't expect Murray to stay healthy. Henry late in the season could rack some yards up.

Wait wait wait...

You think he'll get 800 yards... with SHARED carries???

latest

Dude.

Really.

He could be the full-time back and he still wouldn't get 800 yards.

And I'm not even knocking him, just being realistic. Even if he were good- the odds of that happening are slim.

Stop setting these absurd expectations for players. This is why you guys end up hating players after 2 years.

And then you have the nerve to talk about someone else with "Madden" football knowledge. Holy hell.
Well, I am willing to do a sig bet....you make your absurd prediction...I will stand by mine...closer guy wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?!....because these numbers shouldn't be hard to eclipse...

Melvin Gordon Stats - San Diego Chargers - ESPN

They shouldn't be.... for whom?

For Derrick Henry? Expect the same YPC but with about 1-200 less yards on the season.

You guy's aren't even thinking- Henry isn't just going to be splitting carries with Murray. He's going to be splitting carries with other backs too. He's not the default #2 just because he was drafted.

When he struggles, he'll be 3rd. He'll likely be 3rd on the depth chart for the first quarter of the season at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back