Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill won't be texting anyone tonight. lol

I like. This is the right pick at this position. We are officially in transition. He's a first round QB picked in the late 3rd. He will make Henry better. And Vice versa. Henry should open up some opportunities for him that other QB's won't get.

More than likely, Tanny is done by mid season. Extraction almost complete.

At this point in the draft I like the pick. I did not want a QB in the top 2 rounds. Personally I would of taken Corral but kid has the highest upside and he can sit behind Tanny for 2 yrs

The only part I don’t understand is how much do the Titans truly think of him? QB is such an impact position why not take him at 26 instead of risking losing him to someone else.

Maybe JRob just played it perfect and knew he would drop but if you think he’s a franchise QB seems risky to wait this long. Glad to know JRob and Vrabel know Tannehill isn’t the long term answer.

Also Malik seems like an awesome human, easy to root for a lot like MM8. Hope his career turns out better

I LOVE this pick at 86. He was slated to go to the Falcons at 8.

You literally have nothing to lose if he don't develop. It's not like we invested a top 10 pick in him.

To take him at this point in the 3rd is a no brainer. I honestly don’t expect him to ever be “the guy”. But the risk at this point is nothing and you have to try. I’m hoping he proves me wrong.

I think JRob took the gamble of passing a couple more picks when he disappeared from that “top 10” talk which I’m certain was nothing more than the super exaggerated hype that goes with all QBs every draft and most often flat out wrong.

What I do like is that at least we picked a direction to go instead of hanging around in limbo. It's an official re-build. Henry can still be a part of it.

It all makes sense now.

This draft has been about the future. They know that Tanny's not it.

They probably had no idea they'd be able to get their future QB in the third though.

In the likely event that he sucks, you gambled literally nothing. And even better, you're not obligated to wait around four years to draft another QB if he does suck like you would a first round QB.

If he hits, you're talking Josh Allen upside.

Just a stunning draft overall.
This draft, now knowing that aj is a complete psychopath, is looking really really good.

I think we will probably see some packages put in for Willis similar to how the Raiders used Mariota. The pick has value. Even if he never starts.

The only part I don’t understand is how much do the Titans truly think of him? QB is such an impact position why not take him at 26 instead of risking losing him to someone else.

Maybe JRob just played it perfect and knew he would drop but if you think he’s a franchise QB seems risky to wait this long. Glad to know JRob and Vrabel know Tannehill isn’t the long term answer.

Also Malik seems like an awesome human, easy to root for a lot like MM8. Hope his career turns out better

Probably just an "eff it, could pay off huge" scratch off ticket at this point in the draft.

Ultimate boom or bust. Will either never be heard from and cut after a couple of years, or be a superstar.

I think the answer is that at 26, he’s a high risk, high reward pick. At 86, he’s a zero risk, high reward pick. Worst case, maybe he’s a solid backup. Best case, he’s our future franchise QB at virtually no risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back