Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice was a Butkus award finalist for best LB in the nation. He was also a team captain and last year sent videos to his defensive teammates encouraging them to hit the weight room in preparation for the season.

I don't really know anything about McGrone.

I think Rice was a better player on the field in 2020 than Cox or Moses. Cox looked a lot more pedestrian against the SEC than he did at NDSU. Plus, you can only take 1 player from NDSU per year. I think it is a rule. And I think teams have written off Moses because of his medicals. He looked like he shouldn't be on the field last year.
Tbh don't much other than what I've read...mcgrone read like a leader in the middle, a good Jayron replacement if we don't re-sign him

Only thing about that is that WR and TE are still actual needs right now. So... Not to mention we have a good backup middle linebacker already in David long. Maybe we're switching to more of a 43 defense. Who knows

Maybe they were really high on Dynami Brown and/or Tremble but they were picked before our pick (85). Now IMO with my limited knowledge I stay at 85 and take Amari Rodger who the Packers actually took with our pick. Now unless you are enamored with Nico Collins, McKitty at TE (apparently they weren't when they traded down but could have taken instead of trading down, and McKitty was available after a trade down) I don't have a problem taking an ILB there.

Rice IMO is a replacement for Evans (with some versatility play weak side and maybe more of a three down LB than Evans) and they probably hope to keep Brown. Brown is a blue chip player so they got a guy to replace him Evans. Long is decent and their fall back if they loose Evans and Brown. Obviously they see Rice as a superior player to Long.

Maybe they were really high on Dynami Brown and/or Tremble but they were picked before our pick (85). Now IMO with my limited knowledge I stay at 85 and take Amari Rodger who the Packers actually took with our pick. Now unless you are enamored with Nico Collins, McKitty at TE (apparently they weren't when they traded down but could have taken instead of trading down, and McKitty was available after a trade down) I don't have a problem taking an ILB there.

Rice IMO is a replacement for Evans (with some versatility play weak side and maybe more of a three down LB than Evans) and they probably hope to keep Brown. Brown is a blue chip player so they got a guy to replace him Evans. Long is decent and their fall back if they loose Evans and Brown. Obviously they see Rice as a superior player to Long.

I'm just really worried about our depth at TE(much like I was worried about our depth on the Dline last year). Hopefully Firk can block alot better than I imagine.

I'm just really worried about our depth at TE(much like I was worried about our depth on the Dline last year). Hopefully Firk can block alot better than I imagine.
Firskser is getting a bad rap as a blocker. Solid if not spectacular. Swaim can block and catch. Neither is as athletic as Jonnu, but are solid and we will pick up another guy either through FA or draft. Not a critical issue. We still need more work at WR and need a darn kicker.

Firskser is getting a bad rap as a blocker. Solid if not spectacular. Swaim can block and catch. Neither is as athletic as Jonnu, but are solid and we will pick up another guy either through FA or draft. Not a critical issue. We still need more work at WR and need a darn kicker.

Firk is a solid blocker while he's in the slot crack blocking linebackers. I don't think we have enough evidence to say he will hold up as a blocker against defensive ends. Swaim is a good blocker and can catch but he won't command any respect as a route runner.

We shall see, but I think you're underestimating what johnnu brought to this offense. A badass blocker who you must also respect as a route runner.

I would love to see us bring back Delanie for a season if he was up to it.

Firk is a solid blocker while he's in the slot crack blocking linebackers. I don't think we have enough evidence to say he will hold up as a blocker against defensive ends. Swaim is a good blocker and can catch but he won't command any respect as a route runner.

We shall see, but I think you're underestimating what johnnu brought to this offense. A badass blocker who you must also respect as a route runner.

I would love to see us bring back Delanie for a season if he was up to it.
No, your reaching. I clearly said they are not as athletic as Jonnu. And I know he was a top 3 TE. I’m just saying multiple players will fill the gap and we are not done yet. TE isn’t the thing that holds us back if we slip this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back