Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you never want to HAVE to play a rookie offensive lineman year one. Remember that Poutasi debacle?

This rookie class having the opportunity to sit and learn (after no offseason!) is a testament to the depth Jrob has built on this team.
No need to force Wilson in there (and risk Tanny) when Lewan, Kelley, Sambrailo and Queesenberry have all been playing at such a high level.

Fulton and Evans being injured hasn’t been an issue with Borders, King, McNichols and Foreman all playing so well.

the one thing I am PISSED about is drafting McDonald instead of Blankenship. That was a huge mistake.

I agree you do not want to start a rookie OL. But if a first round pick cannot get in after two injuries ahead of him that is alarming.

I get that he is raw. So was Nate Davis and he did pretty good last year, by this point.

I agree you do not want to start a rookie OL. But if a first round pick cannot get in after two injuries ahead of him that is alarming.

I get that he is raw. So was Nate Davis and he did pretty good last year, by this point.

We found out he also had maturity issues.... what is your point and what is your solution? Cut him? Shoot him? Trade him ? Crawl into a ball and weep uncontrollably because 11 games in our entire 2020 draft class due to injuries and during the worst pandemic in recent history with no OTAs or mini camp isn’t starting every game?

I never said Nate Davis is a bust. This thread is about this years rookies. Where did you even get that from? Do you have psychosis?

And the title says "Rookie group" not "draft class." This is the second time I've explained that to you. If you still do not understand the difference then I cannot help you.
No you're not representing the title. You were smart by your title selection, however you're ranking them based on their lack of performance on the field.

So instead you should be pointing out faults like....do they show up on time/are they disciplined/their maturity/work ethics in practice/do they listen take notes and remember....that's how students are ranked in class. But you were smart in your title....doesn't fool me though.

We found out he also had maturity issues.... what is your point and what is your solution? Cut him? Shoot him? Trade him ? Crawl into a ball and weep uncontrollably because 11 games in our entire 2020 draft class due to injuries and during the worst pandemic in recent history with no OTAs or mini camp isn’t starting every game?

Does any of that change the fact the performance of this year's rookies has been historically bad.

You keep making excuses for why it is bad. Okay. That does not change that it is bad.

Out of those choices I’m guessing shoot him? But open to other options like maybe see what happens next year.

No you're not representing the title. You were smart by your title selection, however you're ranking them based on their lack of performance on the field.

So instead you should be pointing out faults like....do they show up on time/are they disciplined/their maturity/work ethics in practice/do they listen take notes and remember....that's how students are ranked in class. But you were smart in your title....doesn't fool me though.

I changed the title, just for you and anyone else who cannot grasp this simple concept. I even added an explanation in the OP lol.

If this whole thing still upsets you, then you might want to just ignore the thread. Or don't, I don't care.

Does any of that change the fact the performance of this year's rookies has been historically bad.

You keep making excuses for why it is bad. Okay. That does not change that it is bad.

Sure.. ok. In this small sample size it’s been not as expected or bad. Historically bad? Naw. I doubt it.

I wonder if other teams rookies are doing as poorly, since they, too, have had the same situation to deal with.

I’m really not sure. Just wondering.

Performance On the field and attitude are intertwined with Rookie evaluations. I would think performance trumps (sorry Vondy) all, and the main point of his thread. The rookie class is underperforming at a level we have not seen in quite a while - regardless of the reasons.

I changed the title, just for you and anyone else who cannot grasp this simple concept. I even added an explanation in the OP lol.

If this whole thing still upsets you, then you might want to just ignore the thread. Or don't, I don't care.

Thanks,
Definitely the worst so far....lets see if there's eney surprises left in the season.

I wonder if other teams rookies are doing as poorly, since they, too, have had the same situation to deal with.

I’m really not sure. Just wondering.

Some rookies classes are good. Some not. As the Titans class has been labeled some have just had bad luck. But historically bad is just hyperbole at best.

Just for reference players drafted 4 thru 7 only end up starting at most about 7% of games. No GM is very good in those rounds. I don’t understand why some of you keep attacking JRob over those late round picks.

You can’t ever judge a draft in the year of that draft, ever. At least if you are being honest you can’t. If you just want something to whine about then I guys you can.

Wilson was always drafted needing development. COVID a hurt him plus he showed lack of maturity. Next season will tell whether he is a bust or not.
Fulton and Evans got hurt. It happens. Sucks but it happens. Fulton showed some signs of being good. Once again give them time. The Titans have a great RB group.
This isn’t the worst group ever, we don’t know that yet.
My only disagreement (and it's not very big) would be the pick of McDonald over a Kicker.
Kickers are generally late round picks anyway and I'd say we had a need. I never would EXPECT anything out of a late round pick (4th and beyond) otherwise.

Overall, I still have hope for Wilson. Fulton may just need some time. Evans seems excessive now that McNichols, Perry, and Freeman all look like decent "breather" guys for Henry.

My only disagreement (and it's not very big) would be the pick of McDonald over a Kicker.
Kickers are generally late round picks anyway and I'd say we had a need. I never would EXPECT anything out of a late round pick (4th and beyond) otherwise.

Overall, I still have hope for Wilson. Fulton may just need some time. Evans seems excessive now that McNichols, Perry, and Freeman all look like decent "breather" guys for Henry.

Hell, anybody over McDonald for that matter... and his last attempt at a 'project gem' qb was gutter trash too

2013 and 2015 were MUCH MUCH worse years....

2020:

1. Wilson covid,
2. Fulton injury
3. Evans injury
5. Murchison solid rotational
7. Jackson toast
7. McDonald fed ex delivery guy

so A. you have to give alot more leeway due to the huge dent in the atmosphere, that of which is 2020.

and B. JROB's draft credentials end at round 5 anyway - so it's just as well we moved our 6th round pick to grab Desmond King.
I love the trade for King....
King II actually because Henry is King I
:henry:
Agree with Fulton and Evans, their time will come

Wilson isn't just about Covid though, he hasn't proven himself to the staff, he's immature. He will need to earn his right to play more than normal with rookies.

Kicker over another QB project would have been a better pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back