Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been a long-term thinker... I never expect or even hope a rookie starts in year one - maaaaybe contribute.
Agree, not upset Wilson in particular isn't starting but at least contribute.
Hell, show us you want to play pro football at least

I've always been a long-term thinker... I never expect or even hope a rookie starts in year one - maaaaybe contribute.
I'm pretty much the opposite for 1st round picks outside QB.

QB is the most difficult to transition from College to NFL, I'm a fan of letting a rookie sit for a year, play sparingly at best.

For every other position, 1st round picks should be playing first year. Maybe not game 1, but first year.

I think the point generally not being discussed is that there were no training camps, rookie camps, or preseason, so all rookies had very little preparation for this season. Some are clearly succeeding either by talent level or lucky situation, but it's definitely a rarity.

Look at last years draft class

Simmons
AJ
Nate
Hooker
Deandre Walker
David Long Jr

only 1 in there not currently on the roster, and all of them producing - from solid rotational, all the way up to offensive and defensive cornerstone pieces.

Fulton was a homerun pick. Had a first round grade by everyone I pay attention to. He has been injured, and I think you will see most teams having subpar rookie production this season with the shortened offseason.
I'm worried about Wilson, but I believe Fulton is going to be very solid.

Wilson at least saw the field this week and the ceiling of the stadium as he was knocked flat on his butt. Kid should be embarrassed by that effort. I'm sure teams will pay attention to see if Wilson gets in again and will scheme pressure right at him.....just pathetic

Wilson at least saw the field this week and the ceiling of the stadium as he was knocked flat on his butt. Kid should be embarrassed by that effort. I'm sure teams will pay attention to see if Wilson gets in again and will scheme pressure right at him.....just pathetic

I must have missed that play, do you have a clip?

He was in for a extra point....calling that pathetic is a little overboard IMO.

TOO MUCH DRAMA ON THIS.

Means nothing

I don’t know if I’ say this year is the worst ever. At least not yet. The Titans have had plenty of bad drafts. 2003 (Woolfolk played 4 years. 3 ints all from 1 qb), 2007(Griffin was good, but not much other than him), 2012 (Wright had a decent season for the Titans but not much else. Z Brown was decent but had more success after leaving the Titans), and 2013 (Womack was a bust. Schwenke ended up being a better lineman, but was nothing special) just off the top of my head. Some of the players went on to have decent careers. Just not for the Titans. I can’t think of one player from any of those drafts that made a significant impact for the Titans. JMO

oh, 2015 wasn’t all that great either. Mariota wasn’t as bad as young or Locker, but that’s not saying much. Outside of him, I’m not sure there are any players drafted that year who amounted to anything at all...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back