Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants a WR like Deebo Sameul, he needs to draft one. Wan'dale Robinson and Khalil Shakir are that sort player this year.

There are also some other guys in the later rounds that fit that the gadget player role as well, but don't have the size Samuel has. Velus Jones and Calvin Austin fit that role too.

to me the Titans proposal still doesn't fix the issue of the other team's offense not getting a chance to have the ball.

Just make it so that both teams get the ball.
I don’t really get the proposal if it’s an effort to ensure both teams get the ball.

my beef with the entire theory of both teams getting the ball is that this “issue” doesn’t die when it’s decided both teams will get the ball.
Once that happens, the problem gets pushed to, whoever gets the ball first, the second time, has the advantage.

I don’t think the argument should just be both teams get to touch the ball, it should be the approach of arguing college playoff format.
Essentially, every sequence both teams have any opportunity.
That also gets rid of the clock entirely unless they want to time each possession. It also improves “safety” of getting rid of an additional kickoff when teams just start on a specific yard line in OT.

Titans Offensive Holes

C Ben Jones – Resigned

LG Roger Saffold – Brewer/Radunz? – downgrade

RT David Quesenberry – Radunz/ Jamarco Jones – unknown

TE1 Firkser – Austin Hooper – significant upgrade

TE2 Swaim – resigned

TE3 Pruitt – Hudson/Moore? – downgrade

WR2 Jones – nobody yet – downgrade

WR3 NWI – resigned

WR4 – Marcus Johnson – Fitzpatrick/McMath? – downgrade

SWR – Chester Rodgers – nobody yet – downgrade

RB2 – Dontrell Hilliard – resigned

RB3 – Darington Evans – Trenton Cannon – significant upgrade

Titans Offensive Holes

C Ben Jones – Resigned

TE2 Swaim – resigned

WR3 NWI – resigned

The rest of the AFC contenders? Significantly upgraded.

Titans Offensive Holes

C Ben Jones – Resigned

TE2 Swaim – resigned

WR3 NWI – resigned

Disagree Marcus Johnson to Fitzpatrick/McMath is a downgrade. Johnson did literally nothing, it’s at least lateral.
Also disagree rogers to no one is a downgrade. Getting rid of rogers is an upgrade even if it’s to no one. Between the 2, I would rather have “no one” due to outperforming rogers.

I would like to ask JRob if he thinks this roster has a better chances than last seasons.

We aren't done making moves yet. The only significant "holes" we have left to fill are on the oline and wr (even tho Julio didn't play much). The issue that I have is that we only upgraded one spot so far, te. Everything else is lateral, a downgrade or not significant at all.

Disagree Marcus Johnson to Fitzpatrick/McMath is a downgrade. Johnson did literally nothing, it’s at least lateral.
Also disagree rogers to no one is a downgrade. Getting rid of rogers is an upgrade even if it’s to no one. Between the 2, I would rather have “no one” due to outperforming rogers.
Johnson was out most of the season with injury but showed vastly more ability and explosiveness in his limited reps than Fitz and Mcmath combined. Watch this video of every MJ target last year, especially the Saints game. If the ball is thrown near him, he makes a play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnson was out most of the season with injury but showed vastly more ability and explosiveness in his limited reps than Fitz and Mcmath combined. Watch this video of every MJ target last year, especially the Saints game. If the ball is thrown near him, he makes a play.

By this logic they should have kept Julio, he was once Hall of Fame caliber don't you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back