Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the AFC contenders? Significantly upgraded.

Have the Bills, Ravens, and Bengals really upgraded? I'm not so sure. Maybe marginally.

While the entire AFC West has upgraded, they also will have to play each other 6 times, meaning that getting the Number 1 seed will be very hard for any team in that division.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve seen a lot of posts saying we need a Guard. I think Brewer could do fine stepping in for Saffold. We need a RT.
Unless a move is made before the draft, that should be our pick of any of the 1st round graded OTs are available.

I’ve seen a lot of posts saying we need a Guard. I think Brewer could do fine stepping in for Saffold. We need a RT.
Unless a move is made before the draft, that should be our pick of any of the 1st round graded OTs are available.
Brewer was put on his ass so much last season. He is NOT starter material.

Have the Bills, Ravens, and Bengals really upgraded? I'm not so sure. Maybe marginally.

While the entire AFC West has upgraded, they also will have to play each other 6 times, meaning that getting the Number 1 seed will be very hard for any team in that division.
Bills added Von Miller and oj Howard
Bengals built up their oline
Ravens have been pretty quiet but they were devastated by injuries so they should be better

We lost our starting guard and tackle, added a receiver coming off an acl, and added Austin hooper. I'm not necessarily saying we're dead in the water, I actually don't hate our offseason especially looking long-term but on paper we are falling further and further behind.

Ravens have been pretty quiet but they were devastated by injuries so they should be better

We lost our starting guard and tackle, added a receiver coming off an acl, and added Austin hooper. I'm not necessarily saying we're dead in the water, I actually don't hate our offseason especially looking long-term but on paper we are falling further and further behind.
The bright side, also proven last year, is that on paper, who cares? After Henry went down last year, on paper, Tennessee was dead in the water.

On paper, Tennessee has one of the best defenses in the league. They definitely did not downgrade on D which no matter how anemic the offense might be, will keep Tennessee competitive all season.
Also, the AFC south as a whole has not done anything, the only team competitive with Tennessee last year was Indy. Not that they had a QB last year, but now they really don’t have a QB. Jax blew their wad to probably be a 5 win team again since that’s what the jags do. Houston is exactly where they were last year too, another 5-6 win team.

The bright side, also proven last year, is that on paper, who cares? After Henry went down last year, on paper, Tennessee was dead in the water.

On paper, Tennessee has one of the best defenses in the league. They definitely did not downgrade on D which no matter how anemic the offense might be, will keep Tennessee competitive all season.
Also, the AFC south as a whole has not done anything, the only team competitive with Tennessee last year was Indy. Not that they had a QB last year, but now they really don’t have a QB. Jax blew their wad to probably be a 5 win team again since that’s what the jags do. Houston is exactly where they were last year too, another 5-6 win team.
That's what I'm saying too. I think our roster is still good enough to compete, while not necessarily being a front runner/favorite. I think jrob is looking down the road while everyone else is going all in.

That's what I'm saying too. I think our roster is still good enough to compete, while not necessarily being a front runner/favorite. I think jrob is looking down the road while everyone else is going all in.
Based on tennessee’s ability to s**t the bed as a favorite, I’m all for continuing to be written off.

OJ Howard isn't really an upgrade. Von Miller is probably an upgrade, but he isn't what he used to be.

Bengals also lost a few pieces, including Uzomah.

Don't forget the Titans trotted out more players than any team in history because of injuries. So shouldn't they be better like the Ravens?

Offensive line has to be the focus from this point forward. All in to give Tanny more time than he had last year. Brewer and Radunz are not the short term answer.

Offensive line has to be the focus from this point forward. All in to give Tanny more time than he had last year. Brewer and Radunz are not the short term answer.
You can give him all the time in the world, doesn't fix stupid decisions. Tanny will have ample time to throw but still force the pass into triple coverages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back