Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They restructured half the rosters contracts in the hopes of getting Watson. They are F'd now and down the road with the can kicking.
yeah man, but they been kicking the can for a decade and seems they can kick the can for eternity. KICK THE CAN if you never have to face consequences.

We all thought the 100mil over cap was going to end the can kicking, nope, they just kicked it again.

yeah man, but they been kicking the can for a decade and seems they can kick the can for eternity. KICK THE CAN if you never have to face consequences.

We all thought the 100mil over cap was going to end the can kicking, nope, they just kicked it again.
They did have to let Terron Armstead and Marcus Williams walk because they had no cap space…

So they changed the OT rules so that each team gets a possession in the playoffs only. What is the adverse effect the league is so worried about with this during the entire season?

So they changed the OT rules so that each team gets a possession in the playoffs only. What is the adverse effect the league is so worried about with this during the entire season?
Just gonna become an argument about who gets the ball first the second time now.

If you have a great defense then you will now be more willing to defer and kickoff in OT because you at least know that you will get the ball back.

Be better for em just to do the same as is done in college. I love college overtime games.
I’d be perfectly fine with that. They can even eliminate the kickoff in OT. Both teams get a chance to score from wherever the starting point is, that’s 1 OT. Each OT both teams touch the ball until whatever OT period they’re on, ends with one team having more points than the other.

I’d suggest any of their own 25, 35, 50, opponent 35. Maybe even move that each OT. No XP, must go for 2 in all OT.

I would still like to see us bring in Daryl Williams. Released over 2 weeks ago and it does not appear that he's visited with anyone. His PFF ratings were very solid. He doesn't block Radunz either b/c he has experience playing G too.

At the very least, bring back Dennis Kelly. I don't care what the plan is in the draft, we can't go into the 2022 season with some combo of Davis, Radunz, Brewer, and our most recent draft pick as the primary starters. That is a recipe for disaster. As soon as Lewan misses time (and he will) we will be up shit creek. We need a solid veteran to round out the OL, preferrably at RT, but I would settle for a G. And Jamarco Jones can't be our solid veteran either. He is basically the Kendall Lamm replacement.

Why did we let Mathias Farley and Cruikshank walk?! We had two high quality backup safeties who were excellent in special teams and excellent as 3rd and 4th safeties in certain packages. We must be planning on taking a safety in the draft. So lame.

Why did we let Mathias Farley and Cruikshank walk?! We had two high quality backup safeties who were excellent in special teams and excellent as 3rd and 4th safeties in certain packages. We must be planning on taking a safety in the draft. So lame.
Dane did an amazing job covering Kelce in that 27-3 blow out.

Had to make room for RB Trenton Cannon

I’d be perfectly fine with that. They can even eliminate the kickoff in OT. Both teams get a chance to score from wherever the starting point is, that’s 1 OT. Each OT both teams touch the ball until whatever OT period they’re on, ends with one team having more points than the other.

I’d suggest any of their own 25, 35, 50, opponent 35. Maybe even move that each OT. No XP, must go for 2 in all OT.
Look up the CFL over time rule.

@HurrayTitans!

I don't watch the CFL, unless I get free tickets lol but here's the breakdown...2 pt is basically what the Titans proposed

CFL overtime rules 2021, explained
  • Each team is given the same number of offensive possessions.
  • A coin toss is held in order to determine which team will start on offense.
  • The first team starts its drive with the ball at its opponent's 35-yard line. Once that team scores or turns the ball over, the second team gets an opportunity to score. The second team also starts its drive at the 35-yard line.
  • If a team scores a touchdown, that team must attempt a two-point conversion. (This was the tweak made in 2010.)
  • If one team is ahead after both teams are given an opportunity to score, then that team is declared the winner. If both teams are still tied, then they each get another opportunity to score from the 35-yard line.
  • During the regular season, the game can be declared a tie after each team gets two attempts to score. During the playoffs, though, the overtime continues until there is a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back