Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans beat writer John Glennon speculates that some "conceivable cuts" for Tennessee this offseason are LT Taylor Lewan, LB Zach Cunningham, and LG Rodger Saffold.

Titans beat writer John Glennon speculates that some "conceivable cuts" for Tennessee this offseason are LT Taylor Lewan, LB Zach Cunningham, and LG Rodger Saffold.

Guess we should prepare ourselves for an OL pick in the first round.

Got to find a way to keep Cunningham around. Shouldn't be too hard.

What's our number 1 need....it's obvious the quarterback position. Tannehill is a bottom 10 quarterback and regressing fast. What's the point of drafting TE/WR getting Tannehill more weapons....he already has perhaps the best weapons in the league on our backfield. If he can't be effective with play action having Brown and Jones we get him more weapons and a new OC??? We should do everything possible to get Rogers or draft a quarterback....this year there's a big probability of a top 3 quarterback dropping to 26.

What's our number 1 need....it's obvious the quarterback position. Tannehill is a bottom 10 quarterback and regressing fast. What's the point of drafting TE/WR getting Tannehill more weapons....he already has perhaps the best weapons in the league on our backfield. If he can't be effective with play action having Brown and Jones we get him more weapons and a new OC??? We should do everything possible to get Rogers or draft a quarterback....this year there's a big probability of a top 3 quarterback dropping to 26.
TE helps more than just the QB but, and this is more a problem if Lewan and Saffold are gone, the OL needs a LOT of work.

TE helps more than just the QB but, and this is more a problem if Lewan and Saffold are gone, the OL needs a LOT of work.
All 32 teams have needs, I'm just stating our biggest need....it's obviously the quarterback position. To win the AFC going forward you need to get through,

Allen
Mahomes
Burrow
Herbert
Jackson
Jones
And we have Tannehill and no backup quarterback.

All 32 teams have needs, I'm just stating our biggest need....it's obviously the quarterback position. To win the AFC going forward you need to get through,

Allen
Mahomes
Burrow
Herbert
Jackson
Jones
And we have Tannehill and no backup quarterback.
Well, already beat Allen (x2), Mahomes, Jackson, lost to Jones (not even sure why he’s listed), hasn’t played Herbert and unfortunately is 0-2 to Burrow.

This is kind of why these generalization comments don’t hold water. THill does t go against other QBs, he goes against their D and they go against the titans D.
Just saying a QBs name doesn’t mean anything.
The titans, have to beat the other teams which I assume you mean to say that you think next year Buffalo, KC, Cincinnati, LAC, Baltimore, and NE will be the top teams to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, already beat Allen (x2), Mahomes, Jackson, Jones (not even sure why he’s listed), hasn’t played Herbert and unfortunately is 0-2 to Burrow.

This is kind of why these generalization comments don’t hold water. THill does t go against other QBs, he goes against their D and they go against the titans D.
Just saying a QBs name doesn’t mean anything.
The titans, have to beat the other teams which I assume you mean to say that you think next year Buffalo, KC, Cincinnati, LAC, Baltimore, and NE will be the top teams to beat.
What I'm saying is....our weakest link is Quarterback. The teams listed above also have a good roster, the difference is they have good quality quarterback's, while we have garbage.

What I'm saying is....our weakest link is Quarterback. The teams listed above also have a good roster, the difference is they have good quality quarterback's, while we have garbage.
I guess what I’m saying is it takes more than a QB and the QB isn’t a requirement.

So what's your solution? Derrick Carr is about to get 40 Million a year lol. Where do we find this magic non garbage qb?

And how much confidence do you have we get that fixed?
Let’s see how many guys need replaced. If Lewan is back and/or Saffold is back the situation changes quite a bit.

Jones and Davis are the only two I’m confident will be around. RT was already a point of need but if LT and LG are also, I think we can see where the draft goes.

Biggest SB windows....

NFL's biggest Super Bowl windows right now? Bills, Chiefs and 49ers top the list

Rank
Tennessee Titans
2021 record: 12-5 · Lost in Divisional Round
I dig everything about Tennessee. Well, everything except the quarterback.

I love Derrick Henry -- best running back in the game bar none. A.J. Brown is a special talent on the perimeter. And the defense -- particularly the Jeffery Simmons-led front -- is a beast. Mike Vrabel just won Coach of the Year -- and yes, I was one of the 36 voters who slapped his name on the ballot. All of this is good. All of this is championship caliber. But ...

Does Ryan Tannehill have another gear? Color me skeptical. He's a good quarterback, but can he ever be great? That Divisional Round pickfest leaves a real bad taste in the mouth.

I hope if we are going to move on from Lewan and / or Saffold JRob has a better plan than just 'the draft' based on our last high round OL selections.

We are a solid team with a lot of blue chip pieces and our window is still open so it would be a disaster if our OL regresses to become something like the Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back