Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabama is not the same team they were in Week 2.

FSU is not the same team they were early in the season.

At this point in time, Alabama is a better team than FSU. As are Michigan, Washington, and Texas.
They are the same team. 8 days ago they needed a miracle to beat a team that got waxed by new Mexico the week before.

They are the same team. 8 days ago they needed a miracle to beat a team that got waxed by new Mexico the week before.

Careful, your complete ignorance about how the Iron Bowl tends to go is showing.
The Iron Bowl is usually nuts, especially when it's at Jordan-Hare. Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that the barn completely looked past NMS to focus on Alabama.

And no, the teams are not the same. Milroe went from being benched to being the MVP of the SEC Championship; FSU, on the other hand, no longer has a good QB for this season, and has about as much offensive ability as Iowa at this point.

But, we'll see how they fare against Georgia!

Careful, your complete ignorance about how the Iron Bowl tends to go is showing.
The Iron Bowl is usually nuts, especially when it's at Jordan-Hare. Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that the barn completely looked past NMS to focus on Alabama.

And no, the teams are not the same. Milroe went from being benched to being the MVP of the SEC Championship; FSU, on the other hand, no longer has a good QB for this season, and has about as much offensive ability as Iowa at this point.

But, we'll see how they fare against Georgia!
Give me a break, the iron bowl is a game just like every other rivalry game, no matter how much we hype it up. Alabama doesn't deserve a built in advantage just because the mediocre team they beat with a last second prayer happened go be a rivalry game. But, if that's your answer fsu beat florida on the road in a rivalry game that same day, but that doesn't count for some reason. Bama looked good, not great almost all season. Milroe had about 210 total yards and only completed 13 passes, let's not act like he was Patrick Mahomes out there.

Give me a break, the iron bowl is a game just like every other rivalry game, no matter how much we hype it up. Alabama doesn't deserve a built in advantage just because the mediocre team they beat with a last second prayer happened go be a rivalry game. But, if that's your answer fsu beat florida on the road in a rivalry game that same day, but that doesn't count for some reason. Bama looked good, not great almost all season. Milroe had about 210 total yards and only completed 13 passes, let's not act like he was Patrick Mahomes out there.
I’ve lived in both Florida (Gainesville) and Alabama (Huntsville). I’ve been to both rivalry games. There is no comparison. The Iron Bowl is so much different than a regular football game. FSU/UF is a regular rivalry game. Iron Bowl is different.

I’ve lived in both Florida (Gainesville) and Alabama (Huntsville). I’ve been to both rivalry games. There is no comparison. The Iron Bowl is so much different than a regular football game. FSU/UF is a regular rivalry game. Iron Bowl is different.
It doesn't matter. Why should Alabama get a break because that no other teams gets because of a rivalry game? Auburn was average as they could be this year, but for some reason we have to pretend it was a great win because of what, history I guess?

And also, Alabama barely beat a bad Arkansas team, a Mediocre a&m team, looked bad against usf, etc etc. But, they are a different team now for some reason i guess. It makes no sense.

It doesn't matter. Why should Alabama get a break because that no other teams gets because of a rivalry game? Auburn was average as they could be thus year, but for some reason we have to pretend it was a great win because of history I guess?
Man, this is so much more simple than you are making it. You are arguing minutia. When you start arguing minutia, you lose sight of the actual problem. 6 or 7 teams have legitimate arguments to be included in a 4 playoff system. People will always have legitimate complaints, no matter how many teams are in the playoffs.

Man, this is so much more simple than you are making it. You are arguing minutia. When you start arguing minutia, you lose sight of the actual problem. 6 or 7 teams have legitimate arguments to be included in a 4 playoff system. People will always have legitimate complaints, no matter how many teams are in the playoffs.
I am absolutely not arguing minutia. I am arguing the team that went undefeated should be in over a team with a loss and wasn't overly impressive most of the year. My argument is the simple one. The people saying Bama is a different team, or the iron is a different game, or milroe is a different player etc etc are the ones making the complicated argument.

I am absolutely not arguing minutia. I am arguing the team that went undefeated should be in over a team with a loss and wasn't overly impressive most of the year. My argument is the simple one. The people saying Bama is a different team, or the iron is a different game, or milroe is a different player etc etc are the ones making the complicated argument.
Undefeated team should be in. It’s simple but sooo complicated if it keeps Bama out…

The main argument is that, without their starting QB, FSU has looked pretty lousy against lousy competition, and as such, are not currently one of the four best teams in college football.

The Alabama stuff is just in response the people like you crying about Bama's early season loss and the Iron Bowl.

Also, had Florida had their starting QB, they most certainly would have beaten FSU.

I can tear down FSU’s argument for being in, but you’re missing the point. The problem isn’t the “reasons people have for defending their teams.”

The main argument is that, without their starting QB, FSU has looked pretty lousy against lousy competition, and as such, are not currently one of the four best teams in college football.

The Alabama stuff is just in response the people like you crying about Bama's early season loss and the Iron Bowl.

Also, had Florida had their starting QB, they most certainly would have beaten FSU.
Auburn is lousy competition…. Lmao. That game should of dropped Bama to #16

I can tear down FSU’s argument for being in, but you’re missing the point. The problem isn’t the “reasons people have for defending their teams.”
It’s funny cause we all knew what was going to happen. Every single one of us knew FSU was getting fucked…

Fsu is not my team, I'm calling it like I see it. Bama wasn't overly impressive all year and had a loss on their home field. Fsu is the first undefeated p5 school to be left out, and it's for no reason than the committee wasn't going to have a playoff without an SEC team, that's it.

Louisville was a ranked team and they were held to 6 points. Fsu defense is absolutely not lousy, but I guess the qb is the only position that matters anymore.

You can call it crying all you want, it doesn't change the fact that no other team outside of the SEC with Bamas resume would have leaped an unbeaten team. I'm an sec guy like I am sure most of you are, but this was based on sec history, not 2023 sec football.

Louisville was a ranked team and they were held to 6 points. Fsu defense is absolutely not lousy, but I guess the qb is the only position that matters anymore.

You can call it crying all you want, it doesn't change the fact that no other team outside of the SEC with Bamas resume would have leaped an unbeaten team. I'm an sec guy like I am sure most of you are, but this was based on sec history, not 2023 sec football.

Louisville was one of three teams that Pitt beat this season. Not exactly a world beater there...

Louisville was one of three teams that Pitt beat this season. Not exactly a world beater there...
I didn't say they were a world beater, but they weren't lousy. But basically fsu doesn't get any credit for anything and Alabama gets credit for everything, I get it.

Fsu is not my team, I'm calling it like I see it. Bama wasn't overly impressive all year and had a loss on their home field. Fsu is the first undefeated p5 school to be left out, and it's for no reason than the committee wasn't going to have a playoff without an SEC team, that's it.
Yup

I didn't say they were a world beater, but they weren't lousy. But basically fsu doesn't get any credit for anything and Alabama gets credit for everything, I get it.
You can thank Texas for all of this. They really don’t have a good resume except for the fact that they beat Alabama in week 2 before Alabama figured out who they were. See? This can go on and on and on…

You can thank Texas for all of this. They really don’t have a good resume except for the fact that they beat Alabama in week 2 before Alabama figured out who they were. See? This can go on and on and on…
Yeah they beat Alabama head to head and for some reason fsu is the one punished for it.

Alabama didn't know who they were, more excuses that other teams wouldnt get the benefit of. But curious, when did Bama find out who they were? Just want to know which part of their season counts and which part doesnt. And yes, it can go on an on but your side of this argument is the one making all kinds of excuses, not mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back