Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The winner of Oregon-Washington is in and Michigan isn't losing to Iowa and their crybaby joke of an OC. So Michigan is in.

It gets tricky then if Alabama, Texas and FSU all win.

You can't keep undefeated FSU out and are you really going to put Alabama in ahead of Texas after Texas dummied them in Tuscaloosa?
No one wants to answer my hypothetical?

I’m an Alabama fan, but I don’t think they are a playoff team this year. I thought they would be lucky to win 9 games this season after that Texas game. But, things have changed and I don’t think the outcome would be the same if those two teams played again. If Alabama beats UGA, they are in and they deserve to be in.

No one wants to answer my hypothetical?

I’m an Alabama fan, but I don’t think they are a playoff team this year. I thought they would be lucky to win 9 games this season after that Texas game. But, things have changed and I don’t think the outcome would be the same if those two teams played again. If Alabama beats UGA, they are in and they deserve to be in.

So they deserve to be in over Texas who beat them up in Tuscaloosa?

The problem is there are 4 spots and probably more than 4 teams who "deserve"

So they deserve to be in over Texas who beat them up in Tuscaloosa?

The problem is there are 4 spots and probably more than 4 teams who "deserve"
There are arguments for and against.

This is one of those rare years where a 12 team playoff really makes sense. No dominant team(s). I don’t know if any teams “deserve” to get in this year.

My perspective is rather simple. These are the playoffs now! Lose now and you are out.

Ohio State is out.
The loser of the Washington vs Oregon game is out.
If Georgia loses to Alabama they are out.

1. Michigan
2. Winner of the Pac 12 championship.
3. Texas with a win over Oklahoma State.
4. Alabama after they beat Georgia.

Florida State loses out because of a weak schedule and because without Jordan Travis they are not viable as a playoff competitor.

So style points only apply to Bama now? Washington has not been impressive for the last 5 weeks and struggled to barely beat Washington State. Florida State limped past a bad Florida team.

That does not matter?

So style points only apply to Bama now? Washington has not been impressive for the last 5 weeks and struggled to barely beat Washington State. Florida State limped past a bad Florida team.

That does not matter?
Tide needed a miracle to beat a 5 loss team… you smokin sumptin? You mentioned FS and conveniently skipped that one eh!? Lmao

Tide needed a miracle to beat a 5 loss team… you smokin sumptin? You mentioned FS and conveniently skipped that one eh!? Lmao
Ohio State deserves it more than Bama imo. Only loss to #3 rank and it was a last possession game. Tide can kick rocks, even with a W gainst Georgia!

Ohio State deserves it more than Bama imo. Only loss to #3 rank and it was a last possession game. Tide can kick rocks, even with a W gainst Georgia!
So, the most important qualifier is who they lost to? Doesn’t matter who they beat?

Going by current standings, IF Alabama beats UGA, they will have beaten the #1, #11, #13, and #21 teams and lost to the #7 team. Ohio State will have beaten the #10 and #17 teams and lost to the #3 team. So…

FSU has no business being in the conversation.

So, the most important qualifier is who they lost to? Doesn’t matter who they beat?

Going by current standings, IF Alabama beats UGA, they will have beaten the #1, #11, #13, and #21 teams and lost to the #7 team. Ohio State will have beaten the #10 and #17 teams and lost to the #3 team. So…

FSU has no business being in the conversation.
You’d be surprised, but yeah! I don’t think FSU deserves it nor does Washington. Just chaps my hide on past SEC games. Bama loses that Ohio/Michigan game, they don’t fall 4 if losing to a team like Georgia- and not losing rank on the last game vs Auburn is laughable. Heads up loss to Texas at home… put em in front of the Long Horns? Honestly from my perspective a lot of hate for a bit too much love for the Tide in the past in these situations. I want the chaos you mentioned actually. Bama loses to Georgia doesn’t matter, but Ohio being tossed (do not like) seems a bit indifferent given the situation. I still think Ohio is top 4. Washington gets boat raced by Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio. I dunno- maybe im tired of Bamas dominance and it’s blinding me. That Ohio loss to Michigan was 2/3 and was wire ended. If Bama knocks the bricks off Georgia than i would have to think a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also think the 4 PO college bracket is redonkulous. Think expanding it is necessary. 12 is appropriate just for mathematics.. I actually prefer college ball more so than the NFL. Far more exciting during the big games imo. I understand the points, and agree that atm the SEC is a head above on the overall plate of being good. Just seems that saying that gives too much sway in the direction.

Also think the 4 PO college bracket is redonkulous. Think expanding it is necessary. 12 is appropriate just for mathematics.. I actually prefer college ball more so than the NFL. Far more exciting during the big games imo. I understand the points, and agree that atm the SEC is a head above on the overall plate of being good. Just seems that saying that gives too much sway in the direction.
It’s just funny hearing people talk about Bama getting preferential treatment when Ohio State has been the team that has actually received that preferential treatment during this playoff era. 2016?

That does not matter?

Sure it does

Bama style just worse

5 loss team that lost their cupcake game the previous week

You’d be surprised, but yeah! I don’t think FSU deserves it nor does Washington. Just chaps my hide on past SEC games. Bama loses that Ohio/Michigan game, they don’t fall 4 if losing to a team like Georgia- and not losing rank on the last game vs Auburn is laughable. Heads up loss to Texas at home… put em in front of the Long Horns? Honestly from my perspective a lot of hate for a bit too much love for the Tide in the past in these situations. I want the chaos you mentioned actually. Bama loses to Georgia doesn’t matter, but Ohio being tossed (do not like) seems a bit indifferent given the situation. I still think Ohio is top 4. Washington gets boat raced by Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio. I dunno- maybe im tired of Bamas dominance and it’s blinding me. That Ohio loss to Michigan was 2/3 and was wire ended. If Bama knocks the bricks off Georgia than i would have to think a bit.

Pac 12 champ should be in. Washington has been very good though Oregon has looked stronger. Other than the 3 point loss to Washington they are being teams convincingly over and over again. They may even be the favorite this week.

Say Oregon beats Washington by 1 tonight in a tight game- split the year- who do you send. Does the last game matter more than the first? Both would have wins, Washington on opposing field. If the last game does matter more, than previous games have little meaning among ranked opponents. Just tossing it out for a fun discussion. Here we have a 3 vs 7. It’s very similar to the 2/3 Ohio vs Michigan game. Can’t see Oregon jumping 4 off a victory like that. Washington would have to fall, but a victory already in hand. What y’all say? How Bama didn’t fall in rank is comical vs Auburn . VT falls there vs VA same set all things congruent, death just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with @GoT . Just make the championship game PO- or take your turd to the outhouse. Fringe play a game to make 4

It was horsehìt last year when TCU lost their championship game and still made the 4 team playoff

Think it's bad now though, wait until it's a 12 team playoff. More teams means more crying about who doesn't make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back