Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could really use those 400-500 yards and 2-3 TDs.

He actually had over 60 catches and over 800 yards twice with the Titans.

I would sure think that the Jets don't want to pay their #4 WR 10mil a yr.

Re-uniting with Tanny and being a starter would have to be attractive to Davis.

It's not like the Cardinals, the Cardinals took a QB at 10, and then the next year at 1. Levis is a 2nd round pick. Obviously you want production out of your 2nd round picks, but it isnt wasting a top 10 pick like the Cardinals did.

I would argue they are playing the odds. You cant win in the NFL without a QB anymore, and the Titans have an aging QB coming off an injury, and a 2nd year QB that showed next to nothing next year.
Aj brown and derrick Henry were 2nd round picks. Drafted few years apart. Still value at skill positions normally in rd 2. Don't like how we traded up to get him and moved further down in rd 3. This guy has alot of improving needing to be done and potentially alot closer to a reach than a solid pick.

But as always whoever we pick ill get behind and hope to see them achieve something.

The real messed up thing to me... I dont watch KY football but this guy looks like shit even in his HIGHLIGHTS.. a bunch of toss up passes where the receivers have to turn around and come back and make plays on the ball. It is his HIGHLIGHTS and there is one pass in stride, not one pass where he throws the WR open. It is all chunk ups that require the receiver to make plays. This guy is going to be a nightmare.

A QB battle between Levis and Malik is gonna be really fun. I think the competition will make each of them better. Like Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett backing up Brady on the Pats in 2016. Also a 2nd vs 3rd round pick.

A QB battle between Levis and Malik is gonna be really fun. I think the competition will make each of them better. Like Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett backing up Brady on the Pats in 2016. Also a 2nd vs 3rd round pick.
Guys on the sidelines will need to wear their helmets though to guard against concussions.

Dude has a lot to prove and a chip on his shoulder. Let him sit and learn how to be a professional from Tanny. If by then he shows promise, turn him loose in his second season. He probably needed some humble pie. Falling to the second round provided that.
Well, I may not have liked this pick, but it damn sure finishes the polish on the turd that is Squirrel Boy! I can live with that.

Well, I may not have liked this pick, but it damn sure finishes the polish on the turd that is Squirrel Boy! I can live with that.
If true, that the Titans have "Lost faith" in Willis it is pretty sad. He was a developmental QB when drafted, to lose faith in someone when you knew he was 2 years away is ridiculous considering the situation he was put in.
What it shows is there's no time for development with the Titans.

If true, that the Titans have "Lost faith" in Willis it is pretty sad. He was a developmental QB when drafted, to lose faith in someone when you knew he was 2 years away is ridiculous considering the situation he was put in.
Or that they figured out quickly it was a lost cause. One play in game away from postseason, and we threw a Walmart greeter out there instead. I still can’t get that 3rd and 4th down giving up half the field in sacks out of my mind…that was goot Lawd awful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Saw him live at the Houston game. Yeah no he played awful. So much so that He gave Houston Texans fans a glimpse of hope of what is to come IF he were to be our "Franchise" guy.
Hard Pass ...

Or that they figured out quickly it was a lost cause. One play in game away from postseason, and we through a Walmart greeter out there instead. I still can’t get that 3rd and 4th down giving up half the field in sacks… that was goot Lawd awful!

LOL....no question that he was not ready last season. I am guessing that we keep him into preseason and play just him and Levis (Tannehill sits again) during preseason. I really think that Vrabel/Carthon will want to keep Levis on the sideline as much as possible during year 1, so having a serviceable #2 (whether that is Willis or another FA hire if Willis still looks like last season) will remain a priority IMO.

Here's a radical thought on Willis....he has size and speed, and I think that he is a good character guy. What about putting him into a Taysom Hill or RB role if his pure QB abilities continue to founder?

Or that they figured out quickly it was a lost cause. One play in game away from postseason, and we threw a Walmart greeter out there instead. I still can’t get that 3rd and 4th down giving up half the field in sacks out of my mind…that was goot Lawd awful!

If they figured it out so quickly AFTER the fact, then it should have been seen by someone BEFORE he was drafted. And maybe it was, maybe another reason Vrabs is still here and JRob isn't...

Alright watched some tape on him (not highlights) and he was a different QB in 2021 than 2022. Honestly the 2022 offense looked like a repeat of the Titans in 2022. It was 3rd or 2nd and long throws in obvious passing downs. He was not put in a good position to succeed and he did have subpar talent around him.

That said he does throw off his back foot A LOT! His inaccuracy issues come when he does not get his feet set and throws off his back foot. Honestly a lot of time with someone in his face. That has to be improved at the next level.

I agree his decision making is questionable at times. He is Josh Allen coming out when it comes to that. sometimes its yep perfect read and othertimes he will get locked in on a guy and take a shot with a crosser coming wide open for a huge gain. He will need to make a leap like Allen did to be a pro QB. He's going to have some growing pains there.

On the positive side, he ran a pro level offense and had the ability to go through progressions on the whole field. It was not a one read system like a lot of college QBs coming out. He had to make some tight windows throws. Very seldom were his WRs getting separation especially in 2022. Its going to be the same in the NFL especially with our WR corps. To have a 65% completion percentage was impressive considering the number of drops I saw. I'd say there was at least 5 or 6 tds or big first down the receivers dropped in the 5 games I watched. Vrable eluded to over 30 drops from his receivers. He is also very good in play action which he is prolly the best fot for our system. Lastly he can make all the throws and he put better touch on balls than I thought he would. He has no problem delivering the ball with a free rusher in his face.

I honestly don't get all the hate for him. He got taken where he should of at the top of the 2nd round. He has flaws but I think he is less of a boom/bust pick than Richardson. Most likely he ends up being Derek Carr.

Floor - Jake Locker
High Ceiling - Josh Allen

Last edited by a moderator:
Good break down Titans23

Did same thing watching games… certainly played in more pro style offense with play action and boot legs… he does have a strong arm but as you mentioned can deliver the touch throw… decision making and footwork are what he needs to improve

Titans now have 2 young qbs that many draft experts thought could go 1st rnd on the roster with a yr to develop and they aren’t beholden to them if Tanny plays great and we want to roll a few more yrs or if a better qb can be gotten in the draft next yr.

WILL LEVISQB, TENNESSEE TITANS

Titans coach Mike Vrabel didn't rule out second-round QB Will Levis earning the starting job this season.
"Ryan will be the starting quarterback on Monday," Vrabel said at the Titans' Day 2 press conference. "Malik will be the backup. Will will be the third quarterback. And what I've told them is whatever happens after that will be up to the players. That's what it's always been here. That's what we always want to be." Levis opening the offseason as Tennessee's No. 3 quarterback doesn't come as a surprise after his Day 1 fall but it shouldn't take long for him to pass second-year QB Malik Willis, who struggled in three spot starts as a rookie. With Ryan Tannehill coming off injury and in contract year, Tannehill's leash will be short if he holds off Levis for the Week 1 job.

It was the fact that when you watched him, he in no way resembled a qb. First qb that had less than 100
Yards passing in your 1st 3 starts in modern nfl history. Just ran around in circles. Id say he was a robinson pick and when robinson was gone vrabel was like- screw it, lets go get a real qb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back