Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the fact that when you watched him, he in no way resembled a qb. First qb that had less than 100
Yards passing in your 1st 3 starts in modern nfl history. Just ran around in circles. Id say he was a robinson pick and when robinson was gone vrabel was like- screw it, lets go get a real qb.
Hence the term developmental and considering the situation...agreed he looked lost but I'd like to think he gets a little leeway. If he was that bad why not just cut him and draft a QB2 & QB3?

WILL LEVISQB, TENNESSEE TITANS

Titans coach Mike Vrabel didn't rule out second-round QB Will Levis earning the starting job this season.
"Ryan will be the starting quarterback on Monday," Vrabel said at the Titans' Day 2 press conference. "Malik will be the backup. Will will be the third quarterback. And what I've told them is whatever happens after that will be up to the players. That's what it's always been here. That's what we always want to be." Levis opening the offseason as Tennessee's No. 3 quarterback doesn't come as a surprise after his Day 1 fall but it shouldn't take long for him to pass second-year QB Malik Willis, who struggled in three spot starts as a rookie. With Ryan Tannehill coming off injury and in contract year, Tannehill's leash will be short if he holds off Levis for the Week 1 job.

Not surprising that Vrabel would say this publicly (whole "competition" thing), but my bet is still that there will be an effort to limit Levis in season 1. There needs to be IMO...he is not ready for prime time yet.

Hence the term developmental and considering the situation...agreed he looked lost but I'd like to think he gets a little leeway. If he was that bad why not just cut him and draft a QB2 & QB3?
all that value

and mw7 was clearly 'that bad' ... Titans started a street FA over mw7

Not surprising that Vrabel would say this publicly (whole "competition" thing), but my bet is still that there will be an effort to limit Levis in season 1. There needs to be IMO...he is not ready for prime time yet.
TC and exhibition season then I dont want to see levis OR willis in 23 again

If true, that the Titans have "Lost faith" in Willis it is pretty sad. He was a developmental QB when drafted, to lose faith in someone when you knew he was 2 years away is ridiculous considering the situation he was put in.
What it shows is there's no time for development with the Titans.
Especially dumbfounding when we go and draft another project

Especially dumbfounding when we go and draft another project
Well, according to some on here, this is how you do it. Draft a QB every year until you find the GOAT. Now, I’m not really sure how you figure out you’ve drafted the GOAT after one season, but I’m sure they can explain…

If true, that the Titans have "Lost faith" in Willis it is pretty sad. He was a developmental QB when drafted, to lose faith in someone when you knew he was 2 years away is ridiculous considering the situation he was put in.
What it shows is there's no time for development with the Titans.
They see him in practice every day. They saw him in preseason and multiple games. Not hard to determine that he just doesn't have "it" and that's not something that develops when you get to the NFL.

He's still the back up at this point...so this is his time to prove he deserves the opportunity to stick around.

Plus, I think Willis was a strictly JRob pick... Vrabs never seemed to care much for the guy.

They see him in practice every day. They saw him in preseason and multiple games. Not hard to determine that he just doesn't have "it" and that's not something that develops when you get to the NFL.

He's still the back up at this point...so this is his time to prove he deserves the opportunity to stick around.

Plus, I think Willis was a strictly JRob pick... Vrabs never seemed to care much for the guy.
mw7 totally likeable... if like you went to the same church or something

dont like him as my teams NFL QB though

When do you know which route to go?

it’s rhetorical but that’s what makes being a GM so difficult.
He’s taking the chance on Levis vice the unknown of next year.

I think overall we’re in agreement that there are more holes to fill.
I think the strong arm, gunslinging style may be reason for a little excitement. he could be terrible, but that’s not really a QB style the titans have ever had, maybe Collins.
Collins played some good games here

I’d have to look it up on how many QBs were traded up for.
I also don’t know when Richardson’s potential surpassed Levis’s. I know the hype train had Young and Stroud (both of which I don’t think are the “Andrew Luck” some have thought) but if the trade is the issue or if Hooker was the pick people wanted, I’d understand more of the distaste.
The trade wasn’t bad at all. I’d also understand more if the argument was that we have way bigger needs, shouldn’t be wasting picks on a QB.
I don’t really get the significance of the 2024 draft and waiting.
A few of the network graders are saying he still has a toe problem that needs surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back