Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, I'm just glad we didn't have to give away our 1st round pick next year plus more in order to get our QB.

No one can argue it wasnt good value at the pick- no one can argue that he doesnt have high skillset and is a hard worker. Im sure they will have to break his gunslinger mentality. But the kid is big, strong, smart and tough. Thats good enough for me

No one can argue it wasnt good value at the pick- no one can argue that he doesnt have high skillset and is a hard worker. Im sure they will have to break his gunslinger mentality. But the kid is big, strong, smart and tough. Thats good enough for me
I actually would welcome a gunslinger mentality for a change...but who would he sling it to? Apparently Vrabel can't even address his own question

Thank you Yes I knew I forgot someone without googling - knew Locker couldn’t be top 5.
Collins isn’t top 5 in TN.
Even the season “he” went 12-3, he threw 2700 yds and 12 TDs. He was Trent dilfer that year.

prime example of why W/L is not, nor should it ever be, considered a QB stat.

Wonder how Tannehill feels about this? Lol

Levis starts his career with a mentor, something a lot of young quarterbacks don’t get these days

Not only that, but the young QB can learn from Ryan Tannehill. And, Tannehill makes a great mentor for Levis. They are similar players: athletic quarterbacks with big arms who enter the NFL as a bit unpolished

Collins isn’t top 5 in TN.
Even the season “he” went 12-3, he threw 2700 yds and 12 TDs. He was Trent dilfer that year.

prime example of why W/L is not, nor should it ever be, considered a QB stat.

Who would be in the top 5 other than Collins? Not like there’s some prestigious list of TN QBs out there

Oh come on.

That dude was freaking AWFUL. Not raw. Not erratic. Certainly not "showed a couple of flashes." I've seen non qbs come in for emergency duty and look better. Hell, Henry in the wildcat would probably be similar.

That dude is never going to develop into a starting caliber qb, even a mediocre one.

And that was clearly a JRob project. Vrabel talked **** about him in preseason and benched him fast.

yeah, that and the fact he added dobbs for the win and in game tells me that was a robinson, not vrabel, selection

Wonder how Tannehill feels about this? Lol

Levis starts his career with a mentor, something a lot of young quarterbacks don’t get these days

Not only that, but the young QB can learn from Ryan Tannehill. And, Tannehill makes a great mentor for Levis. They are similar players: athletic quarterbacks with big arms who enter the NFL as a bit unpolished
think T17 told everyone last year how he felt about the entire mentor thing - LOL

You’re right, it’s not a long line
mcnair
THill
MM8

then a crap shoot of Collins/Locker/VY/Fitzpatrick/Hasselbeck
did not like vy BUT he would be 4th then pathetically Collins but only cause KFC actually did game manage ... liked Locker but he only ever showed flashes ... dont recall any really good or great games from him

never had any confidence of a W with fitzpatrick/hasselbeck/mettenberger/gabbert/cassell

nevermind... put O'donnell at third... yeah he did not start that many games... but they were all YUGE starts and he played well in them

think that is it except for of course willis & dobbs

did not like vy BUT he would be 4th then pathetically Collins but only cause KFC actually did game manage ... liked Locker but he only ever showed flashes ... dont recall any really good or great games from him

never had any confidence of a W with fitzpatrick/hasselbeck/mettenberger/gabbert/cassell

nevermind... put O'donnell at third... yeah he did not start that many games... but they were all YUGE starts and he played well in them

And Billy!!!

fishface really did not like volek - LOL

did Rusty Smith ever get a start?

seems like he did vs cows for some reason....
He did get a couple. Hit Randy Moss on a deep route (out of bounds though)

Matt Mauck also had a start in there. Honestly don’t recall that game.

think T17 told everyone last year how he felt about the entire mentor thing - LOL

Tannehills comments about it not being his job were taken out of context. He'll help Levis as I'm sure he has every other QB on the team.

Of course, he was right in saying it's not his job. That's why they have 52 different coaches for every position. But he didn't mean he wouldn't do anything to help another QB.

I really wanted to like Locker but it seemed whenever he started to look like he was showing progress he would get hurt again. One step forward two steps back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back