Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy was on national tv for 4 hours to not get drafted. He would've been hyped up like this if the Toronto Argonauts drafted him at the start of the second round.
Hey we just won a grey cup leave the argos alone lol, Chad Kelly of all qbs helped them win it

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 20857

This pick is slowly starting to grow on me - especially after seeing his spiral and how i believe it was Mel Kiper said he has a little Josh Allen in his game.

Allen wasn’t all that either in college and even in the pros for that matter - took him few years.

Levis seems to fit our offense from his Kentucky offense - has a rocket arm, can plow for a few yards when only a couple is needed (ala Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen…) seems tough etc etc

Accuracy yes will see in that department on certain routes/throws but no doubt this guy can be above average fairly quick and I know it’s not saying much but should rank ahead of Mariota in the Titans QB pecking order in a handful of years and if he wins a playoff game.

I mean what’s the current list of Titan QBs (since 99….)

1 McNair
2 Tanny
3 Mariota
4 Vince
5 … gulp … Locker

Levis can slide into that 3rd spot that’s not wishful thinking - eventually they’ll have to get this guy some targets and then who knows … staying positive

He hears all the doubters … he fell in the draft process … at the very least he has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove (yes I know Willis too but I think we all know Levis should be able to excel faster out of the gate)

If true, that the Titans have "Lost faith" in Willis it is pretty sad. He was a developmental QB when drafted, to lose faith in someone when you knew he was 2 years away is ridiculous considering the situation he was put in.
What it shows is there's no time for development with the Titans.

Oh come on.

That dude was freaking AWFUL. Not raw. Not erratic. Certainly not "showed a couple of flashes." I've seen non qbs come in for emergency duty and look better. Hell, Henry in the wildcat would probably be similar.

That dude is never going to develop into a starting caliber qb, even a mediocre one.

And that was clearly a JRob project. Vrable talked shit about him in preseason and benched him fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come on.

That side was freaking AWFUL. Not raw. Not erratic. Certainly not "showed a couple of flashes." I've seen non qbs come in for emergency duty and look better. Hell, Henry in the wildcat would probably be similar.

That dude is never going to develop into a starting caliber qb, even a mediocre one.

And that was clearly a JRob project. Vrabel talked **** about him in preseason and benched him fast.
Literally 3rd string QBs in preseason that look more the part than Willis has. Guys that won't even make a team.

People's delusions about him are crazy.

If people think you can turn a guy in to a QB just because he's "athletic" (Willis isn't really by NFL standards) why not start trying to convert TE's or something? I mean they have the size and are typically athletic. I'm sure there are some that can throw a ball!

Hence the term developmental and considering the situation...agreed he looked lost but I'd like to think he gets a little leeway. If he was that bad why not just cut him and draft a QB2 & QB3?

Unless he just has an amazing camp, he likely does get cut after camp.

Maybe he makes it to the practice squad to simulate other mobile qbs. Or maybe he does to the xfl or usfl.

Would not shock me at all if we don't pick up some other qb3 for the season.

They see him in practice every day. They saw him in preseason and multiple games. Not hard to determine that he just doesn't have "it" and that's not something that develops when you get to the NFL.

He's still the back up at this point...so this is his time to prove he deserves the opportunity to stick around.

Plus, I think Willis was a strictly JRob pick... Vrabs never seemed to care much for the guy.

There were also whispers that he wasn't taking it seriously enough. If he's not doing the work, development is never going to happen, so cut bait.

View attachment 20857

This pick is slowly starting to grow on me - especially after seeing his spiral and how i believe it was Mel Kiper said he has a little Josh Allen in his game.

Allen wasn’t all that either in college and even in the pros for that matter - took him few years.

Levis seems to fit our offense from his Kentucky offense - has a rocket arm, can plow for a few yards when only a couple is needed (ala Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen…) seems tough etc etc

Accuracy yes will see in that department on certain routes/throws but no doubt this guy can be above average fairly quick and I know it’s not saying much but should rank ahead of Mariota in the Titans QB pecking order in a handful of years and if he wins a playoff game.

I mean what’s the current list of Titan QBs (since 99….)

1 McNair
2 Tanny
3 Mariota
4 Vince
5 … gulp … Locker

Levis can slide into that 3rd spot that’s not wishful thinking - eventually they’ll have to get this guy some targets and then who knows … staying positive

He hears all the doubters … he fell in the draft process … at the very least he has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove (yes I know Willis too but I think we all know Levis should be able to excel faster out of the gate)

Don’t forget Kerry Collins who was 12-3 as the starter in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back