Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted to like Locker but it seemed whenever he started to look like he was showing progress he would get hurt again. One step forward two steps back.

I liked locker but agree. Saw a news segment on him. Dude lives like an amish man with his family. Doesnt even watch football now. Seems happy. Big family guy. Glad for him

I liked locker but agree. Saw a news segment on him. Dude lives like an amish man with his family. Doesnt even watch football now. Seems happy. Big family guy. Glad for him
Probably scared of footballs. Every time he touched one he ended up injured.

Seemed like a good guy and showed a flash or 2...but I don't blame him for walking away after spending more time rehabbing than playing.

View attachment 20857

This pick is slowly starting to grow on me - especially after seeing his spiral and how i believe it was Mel Kiper said he has a little Josh Allen in his game.

Allen wasn’t all that either in college and even in the pros for that matter - took him few years.

Levis seems to fit our offense from his Kentucky offense - has a rocket arm, can plow for a few yards when only a couple is needed (ala Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen…) seems tough etc etc

Accuracy yes will see in that department on certain routes/throws but no doubt this guy can be above average fairly quick and I know it’s not saying much but should rank ahead of Mariota in the Titans QB pecking order in a handful of years and if he wins a playoff game.

I mean what’s the current list of Titan QBs (since 99….)

1 McNair
2 Tanny
3 Mariota
4 Vince
5 … gulp … Locker

Levis can slide into that 3rd spot that’s not wishful thinking - eventually they’ll have to get this guy some targets and then who knows … staying positive

He hears all the doubters … he fell in the draft process … at the very least he has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove (yes I know Willis too but I think we all know Levis should be able to excel faster out of the gate)

Same here! I am really glad we got him for basically a 2nd and 3rd instead of a huge trade up in the 1st that would of cost us multiple 1st rounders.

Looking at more game film and breakdowns the more I think he can really become something. I think he is a mix of Matthew Stafford and Josh Allen. He played in a pro style offense and already used to going through progressions. His 2021 tape was pretty impressive when he had a better coordinator and weapons. The 2022 team was not nearly as talented. His line was terrible, WRs had no separation, andthe play calling seemed to be run, run, 3rd and long pass. Sound familiar lol? Basically he was not put in a good position to succeed. Let's be honest, he didn't have near the talent around him that the other 3 SECs QBs taken had. I think that will help him down the road as he had to make some tight contested throws and he wouldn't get bailed out like Marvin Harris Jr did for Stroud at times. time will tell be he has the a chance to the best of the class if gets more consistent with his footwork and improves on his decision making. He seems to get tripped up when the post snap read changes from his pre snap read. I.e. Defense shows man presnap but rotates to a zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
This dude is a steal. Future Hall of Fame written all over his face!!!!!!! He made Kentucky football look good for a year dude is a miracle worker!!!!!!
Titan the hell Up and get reader for many Super Bowls!!!!!!!!!!!

If true, that the Titans have "Lost faith" in Willis it is pretty sad. He was a developmental QB when drafted, to lose faith in someone when you knew he was 2 years away is ridiculous considering the situation he was put in.
What it shows is there's no time for development with the Titans.

It's sad they had faith in him in the first place

Here's the problem I have with this pick. We had the opportunity to draft him at 11 and we passed on him for an OT/G. If you think Levis is your guy for the next 10 years, you don't let pass him over for an OL.

I'm not saying he can't be great, but by drafting him the 2nd round, you're already signaling you aren't totally sold on him. At least with Hooker you can use the argument that he's injured and that's why you passed on him to the next round.

did not like vy BUT he would be 4th then pathetically Collins but only cause KFC actually did game manage ... liked Locker but he only ever showed flashes ... dont recall any really good or great games from him

never had any confidence of a W with fitzpatrick/hasselbeck/mettenberger/gabbert/cassell

nevermind... put O'donnell at third... yeah he did not start that many games... but they were all YUGE starts and he played well in them

think that is it except for of course willis & dobbs

To be fair to Locker, he just couldn't stay healthy. He looked like he had turned the corner in 2013. He played pretty well up until he broke his thumb. That was probably the height of his career unfortunately.

Here's the problem I have with this pick. We had the opportunity to draft him at 11 and we passed on him for an OT/G. If you think Levis is your guy for the next 10 years, you don't let pass him over for an OL.

I'm not saying he can't be great, but by drafting him the 2nd round, you're already signaling you aren't totally sold on him. At least with Hooker you can use the argument that he's injured and that's why you passed on him to the next round.
If that's your problem, then you are looking for a problem. They drafted the most immediate need first. We already had our starting qb for this season in Tanny. They have to protect him, so they drafted an offensive lineman first. If they had missed out on Levis you might have a point. But they got a better deal by getting him in the second round. And you want to complain about this because it sends the wrong signals?

I agree. I don't like the pick considering all the other holes we have. Two straight years of getting a QB, 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'll say it, I don't think he'll be good and we'll end up getting a veteran QB in free agency.

If that's your problem, then you are looking for a problem. They drafted the most immediate need first. We already had our starting qb for this season in Tanny. They have to protect him. If they had missed out on Levis you might have a point.

Yet everyone and their mother knew we wanted to trade up to 3 for Stroud. So clearly drafting for immediate need wasn't the only consideration.

Like I said, if you really believe he is the next great QB in the league, you don't have to the 2nd round to draft him.

Yet everyone and their mother knew we wanted to trade up to 3 for Stroud. So clearly drafting for immediate need wasn't the only consideration.

Like I said, if you really believe he is the next great QB in the league, you don't have to the 2nd round to draft him.
How do you know they wanted Stroud? He's apparently dumb as a pile of bricks. I think Texans fans are the ones who should be complaining. Both them and the Colts reached imo.

How do you know they even wanted Stroud? He's apparently dumb as a pile of bricks?
No one knows anything in regards to who is dumb or who is smart. Do we know if Levis is smart? I don't know. But I do know the pre draft number showing passing charts; deep ball, accuracy, etc. Stroud > Levis all day.

No one knows anything in regards to who is dumb or who is smart. Do we know if Levis is smart? I don't know. But I do know the pre draft number showing passing charts; deep ball, accuracy, etc. Stroud > Levis all day.
'Insanely intelligent, exceptionally mature' He graduated from Xavier with a 4.0 GPA.
Who is Will Levis? Let his teachers explain the NFL Draft prospect (chron.com)

Stroud on the other hand:
C.J. Stroud pushes back on S2 test score reports before 2023 NFL draft (usatoday.com)

Lol well good! Fuq the Panthers, hope they fail. I'm just hoping we win soon, Henry will be slowing down soon so we need any of our QBs to perform in the playoffs. We know Tammy isn't the guy so if it's Malik or Levis, I don't care, just want to win.

Lol well good! Fuq the Panthers, hope they fail. I'm just hoping we win soon, Henry will be slowing down soon so we need any of our QBs to perform in the playoffs. We know Tammy isn't the guy so if it's Malik or Levis, I don't care, just want to win.
I don't think the Panther's pick has obvious cognitive issues. He may be pretty good too. But the Texans with Stroud.. Not too sure how that will work. It is all a crapshoot to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back