Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have serious trouble believing the Titans tipped their hand to reporters. All speculation and not worth thinking about after the fact anyway. If Levis wasn’t on their top tier list then they wouldn’t have selected him at 33.

Info gets leaked all the time. It doesn't have to be from our side. Someone in the Cardinals camp could have leaked it. There were reports last year before the draft that we were looking to trade AJ. J-Rob shot that down. Guess what? He got traded anyways.

If Levis was as high on our list as you think, we wouldn't have waited to pick 33 to take him.

There were plenty of reports (that I believe) that we did try to trade back into the late first round but were unable to. Fortunately Ran wasnt able to get a deal done and we got lucky to wait until 2nd round to draft him.

I have serious trouble believing the Titans tipped their hand to reporters. All speculation and not worth thinking about after the fact anyway. If Levis wasn’t on their top tier list then they wouldn’t have selected him at 33.
NFC Executive approves this message

Info gets leaked all the time. It doesn't have to be from our side. Someone in the Cardinals camp could have leaked it. There were reports last year before the draft that we were looking to trade AJ. J-Rob shot that down. Guess what? He got traded anyways.

If Levis was as high on our list as you think, we wouldn't have waited to pick 33 to take him.
No, being in the top tier of QBs does not mean they would only pick him at 11. It means he was in their top tier but Skoronski was a priority pick. If you believe the rumors, then we tried to trade back up in the first to get Levis. If that doesn’t indicate he was in the top tier for them, then nothing would.

Ran laughed at reporters Friday afternoon when they brought this up. He basically intimated (when he talked about being nosey) that he made these inquiries as a way to try and figure out what teams ahead of him would pick. That way he had a better idea of what would be available.

This isn't far fetched, it happens all the time

BS gets leaked all the time too

None will be good, and I am happy we get to play em 4 times a year

Stroud has a chance and maybe Levis too... Richardson I just can't see being a good QB. Maybe the RPO stuff might work for him for a little bit but can't see him developing in to a legit passing threat.

Really like that the Colts picked him. Levis was their next target...so we'll see who is better between the 2 eventually.

Stroud has a chance and maybe Levis too... Richardson I just can't see being a good QB. Maybe the RPO stuff might work for him for a little bit but can't see him developing in to a legit passing threat.

Really like that the Colts picked him. Levis was their next target...so we'll see who is better between the 2 eventually.
Think Stroud will be completely confused at the NFL level. Need brains to play at this level.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/26/c...ion-test-drama-not-a-test-taker-play-football

OK then

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Stroud will be completely confused at the NFL level. Need brains to play at this level.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/26/c...ion-test-drama-not-a-test-taker-play-football

OK then
Honestly, I kind of agree on his take. Taking a test and playing football are different.

Same as all these insane measurables used in the NFL. Just because your pinky toe is 1/4" shorter, you somehow can't play football at the same level as the guys with long toes.

We'll see when he gets on the field.

I have no doubt that Stroud was our target if he fell, but he didn’t and so you move on… just because Levis wasn’t our number 1 qb doesn’t mean he won’t work out… he will certainly have a chip on his shoulder with Stroud and Richardson in our division…. Historically when 3 qbs go off the board early only 1 pans out

I don't hate
Ran laughed at reporters Friday afternoon when they brought this up. He basically intimated (when he talked about being nosey) that he made these inquiries as a way to try and figure out what teams ahead of him would pick. That way he had a better idea of what would be available.

This isn't far fetched, it happens all the time

Or maybe he doesn't want his 2nd round pick to know he wasn't his first choice at QB?

BS gets leaked all the time too

Where there is smoke, there is almost always fire. TN was quite clearly in the market for a QB and met with at minimum 5 different QBs. The top 2 QBs in most everybody's board went 1 and 2 overall and you think the rumors were bogus, despite actual NFL insiders reporting otherwise.

Honestly, I kind of agree on his take. Taking a test and playing football are different.

Same as all these insane measurables used in the NFL. Just because your pinky toe is 1/4" shorter, you somehow can't play football at the same level as the guys with long toes.

We'll see when he gets on the field.
Dumb is dumb regardless, but yes, we shall see! I'm betting on dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back