Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where there is smoke, there is almost always fire. TN was quite clearly in the market for a QB and met with at minimum 5 different QBs. The top 2 QBs in most everybody's board went 1 and 2 overall and you think the rumors were bogus, despite actual NFL insiders reporting otherwise.
That's not surprising when your only backup is MW7. Pretty much everyone knew that Tn needed another QB, whether from the draft or FA.

They had too many holes to fill and too few picks to take QB at #11, much less trade up to #3, that was never going to happen.

Dumb is dumb regardless, but yes, we shall see! I'm betting on dumb.
I'd argue that there are plenty of dumb football players that are great at football. Ever listened to an NFL players interview? Most of them you wouldn't believe would pass a middle school test, much less graduate college etc. But the good thing for them is, it's all about what they do on the field, they don't have to take algebra tests.

Ran laughed at reporters Friday afternoon when they brought this up. He basically intimated (when he talked about being nosey) that he made these inquiries as a way to try and figure out what teams ahead of him would pick. That way he had a better idea of what would be available.

This isn't far fetched, it happens all the time
Plus “reporters” (especially via Twitter) are stupid and batted close to .000 in the “rumors” dept

Where there is smoke, there is almost always fire. TN was quite clearly in the market for a QB and met with at minimum 5 different QBs. The top 2 QBs in most everybody's board went 1 and 2 overall and you think the rumors were bogus, despite actual NFL insiders reporting otherwise.
Oh easily bogus.

Any d1ckhead with a Twitter account had a new rumor or 10 every day.

which ones came true?

I can’t recall any.

That's not surprising when your only backup is MW7. Pretty much everyone knew that Tn needed another QB, whether from the draft or FA.

They had too many holes to fill and too few picks to take QB at #11, much less trade up to #3, that was never going to happen.

Lol keep telling yourself that.

I don’t see Billie Jeans working out. He was mediocre in college. Very few mediocre college QBs turn into franchise QBs. Only ones I can think of are Favre and Brady. Not good odds, Ran.

Oh easily bogus.

Any d1ckhead with a Twitter account had a new rumor or 10 every day.

which ones came true?

I can’t recall any.

Plenty of rumors we wanted to trade AJ. J-Rob shot it down. Traded anyways. Are we only supposed disregard rumors when they don't fit your point?

I'd argue that there are plenty of dumb football players that are great at football. Ever listened to an NFL players interview? Most of them you wouldn't believe would pass a middle school test, much less graduate college etc. But the good thing for them is, it's all about what they do on the field, they don't have to take algebra tests.
True, but QB is a different thing. I’d rather have brains back there personally.

Plenty of rumors we wanted to trade AJ. J-Rob shot it down. Traded anyways. Are we only supposed disregard rumors when they don't fit your point?
No. We’re supposed to disregard all rumors until some sort of truth is provided. Since none provide any proof of that, we can assume it’s all BS. 100% of them.

to help prove my point, there were about 6000 “rumors” this off season. Between trade rumors for THill and Derrick Henry to just about every other NFL team, there were trade “rumors” about the draft and who the titans were going to select. No rumors on the boring pick made (that I’m happy with).

despite all those rumors, you chose to use 1 (one, uno, not two or more) example from last year.

This guy sure didn’t care for Levi’s. I bet he got beat up a lot by jocks in high school

…and he is dead wrong. Says the best actors don’t get involved in politics. That’s just blatantly false. He is slamming the guy because he is in good shape. So to be a good NFL QB you need to be fat and out of shape. Just ridiculous. Comparing him to Johnny Manziel. Silly. Will Levis is brilliant, Very smart.

Except the tons of reports where we were trying to move up to 3. And the fact that we didn't take Levis at 11. You don't take a QB we at 33 if you're as high on him as you say.
What?

We didn't trade up to #3 (stupid) nor draft a QB at #11 because we didn't have the luxury of doing so.

Anyone who suggested otherwise was either oblivious or retarded.

Levis is not a perfect prospect. My biggest problem is that he threw too many bad INTs in college due to forcing what wasn’t there. But he has serious potential. Very strong arm and can throw off balance and on the run accurately. He is tough and seems to be a good leader.

A common top end comp made for him is Josh Allen, and he actually does look pretty similar to Allen in college. I hated Josh Allen coming out of college, but the Bills have built an offense around him and he is now one of the best QBs in the NFL.
I believe if we put Levis in a similar situation, he could be the next Josh Allen. But that means getting him a Diggs, a great OL, and calling plays that he can be successful with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back