Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way to know but seems more unlikely. QBs after round 1 are more of a need pick than BPA. But again, who knows? You may be right.

To be clear, I am not a Vols fans and I would have been even more disappointed if we drafted Hooker. UNLESS, we traded down and were able to get Levis or Hooker later and as a luxury pic. Not drafting from 11 to 81 is crazy with this many needs. QB wasn't a need right now.
I'm also a Vols fan, and I was praying I heard Levis rather than hooker when we traded up.

Hooker was a great college qb for one year. But I done see the upside there.

Levis? The Josh Allen level potential is there. Now, will he reach it? Probably not. But if you're gonna gamble, at least get good odds.

With the offense we have right now, if Tanny breaks his leg in week one, what are the odds of Levis leading the Titans to the playoffs? My guess is not bloody likely. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see. But I'd rather have Drake May next season throwing to our 2nd round TE or WR from 2023 instead of Geoff Swaim or NWI...

In order to get Drake Maye or Caleb Williams, you will need to get top 2 picks and I can guarantee you that we won't have the rights to either pick, nor will whoever has those picks, they won't be trading them away.

With the offense we have right now, if Tanny breaks his leg in week one, what are the odds of Levis leading the Titans to the playoffs? My guess is not bloody likely. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see. But I'd rather have Drake May next season throwing to our 2nd round TE or WR from 2023 instead of Geoff Swaim or NWI...

I like the odds with Levis a lot more than with Malik. Drake Maye could potentially go as high as #2, I dont think we suck that bad to be in play for Williams or Maye, unless we wanted to trade the farm for them. But also consider, that this time last year Levis was looked at as a high pick too, just like Maye.

In order to get Drake Maye or Caleb Williams, you will need to get top 2 picks and I can guarantee you that we won't have the rights to either pick, nor will whoever has those picks, they won't be trading them away.

Nice, can I get next week's lottery #s while you're at it?

L
Lol. We have too much talent to be a number one or two pick.

Last year was an absolute hurricane of injuries and shit, and we still weren't even in the top ten.

Arizona is almost a lock for one of those picks. They have a wretched roster, with colt McCoy starting half the season.

This was a very reasonable roll of the dice. If we had done it at 11, it would have been accepted. In the second, it's a great gamble.

I like the odds with Levis a lot more than with Malik. Drake May could potentially go as high as #2, I dont think we suck that bad to be in play for Williams or May, unless we wanted to trade the farm for them.

You know when you CAN trade the farm for a QB? When you have no other immediate needs. This team has immediate needs. QB was not one of them.

Well, I was literally responding to a post about WRs, but with that said, if Tom Brady in his prime was throwing to Geoff Swaim and Cody Hollister, how many rings do you think he'd have?

The same amount. Name who he was throwing to. You can’t. He elevated scrubs. It was the defense also.

Well, I was literally responding to a post about WRs, but with that said, if Tom Brady in his prime was throwing to Geoff Swaim and Cody Hollister, how many rings do you think he'd have?
Ehh, TB12 did get some rings with some s**t WR early but that D was stout.
He also took advantage with some good WR.

You know when you CAN trade the farm for a QB? When you have no other immediate needs. This team has immediate needs. QB was not one of them.

I completely disagree. I think QB was absolutely an immediate need. Plus, you dont know what is going to happen with guys like Williams or Maye. For all we know they both have terrible injuries this upcoming season, or just end up struggling and teams sour on them too. I dont think that will be the case, but last year at this time Levis was considered to be a high first round pick too, so you never know. Plus, there is no guarantee the teams drafting 1 or 2 are going to be interested in trading down. In short, you cant bank on just sitting back and getting one of the top QBs next season, impossible to know how that is going to play out a year ahead of time.

The same amount. Name who he was throwing to. You can’t. He elevated scrubs. It was the defense also.

You're joking...? Deion Branch. Randy Moss. Wes Welker. Julian Edelman. Troy Brown. David Patton. Mike Evans. Corey Dillon. David Givens. Aaron Hernandez. Gronk. All of which were better than anything on the current Titans roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're joking...? Deoin Branch. Randy Moss. Wes Welker. Julian Edelman. Troy Brown. David Patton. Mike Evans. Corey Dillon. David Givens. Aaron Hernandez. Gronk. All of which were better than anything on the current Titans roster.
David Patton, David givens, are our roster.
They’re not good and they’re not WR worth remembering. Let’s not pretend those names are who helped TB12 early on. Branch was the first guy to break out as a good WR.

What the hell are you talking about? You think every ole miss wr is AJ brown or dk Metcalf?

Yes, because that's exactly what I said. You essentially said that a 220lb WR out a particular school in no way reminded you of another 220lb WR out of the same school. I can't help that..

You're joking...? Deoin Branch. Randy Moss. Wes Welker. Julian Edelman. Troy Brown. David Patton. Mike Evans. Corey Dillon. David Givens. Aaron Hernandez. Gronk. All of which were better than anything on the current Titans roster.

And many of them were late round picks, or in Welker's case undrafted. Brady made most of those guys better, not the other way around.

I completely disagree. I think QB was absolutely an immediate need. Plus, you dont know what is going to happen with guys like Williams or Maye. For all we know they both have terrible injuries this upcoming season, or just end up struggling and teams sour on them too. I dont think that will be the case, but last year at this time Levis was considered to be a high first round pick too, so you never know. Plus, there is no guarantee the teams drafting 1 or 2 are going to be interested in trading down. In short, you cant bank on just sitting back and getting one of the top QBs next season, impossible to know how that is going to play out a year ahead of time.

My point is, I'd rather my team draft with ONE need vs 20 needs. Our team right now is closer to having 20 needs. And QB was need # 17, 18, or 19.

David Patton, David givens, are our roster.
They’re not good and they’re not WR worth remembering. Let’s not pretend those names are who helped TB12 early on. Branch was the first guy to break out as a good WR.

Dude. The Bears signed David Patton to a FA contract. WE signed David Givens to a FA contract. How many sniffs did NWI get in free agency? One of these unfortunately is not like the others, and he is currently sitting on our roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back