Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is, I'd rather my team draft with ONE need vs 20 needs. Our team right now is closer to having 20 needs. And QB was need # 17, 18, or 19.

If your one need is a QB, its not going to matter much at this point. And finding a QB is a lot more difficult than find a receiver or TE.

Dude. The Bears signed David Patton to a FA contract. WE signed David Givens to a FA contract. How many sniffs did NWI get in free agency? One of these unfortunately is not like the others, and he is currently sitting on our roster.
Not sure, he was a FA for like an hour.

and if getting a contract somewhere else is the bar, damn, all QBs have had stud WR and TN has given away some good ones.

Dude. The Bears signed David Patton to a FA contract. WE signed David Givens to a FA contract. How many sniffs did NWI get in free agency? One of these unfortunately is not like the others, and he is currently sitting on our roster.

They also played with the best QB ever, who made them look better than what they were and made teams more interested in them.

And many of them were late round picks, or in Welker's case undrafted. Brady made most of those guys better, not the other way around.

Welker had almost 100 catches in two seasons in Miami before he ever became a Patriot. Sure, Brady made him better, but it's not like he was nothing before NE TRADED FOR HIM.

Welker had almost 100 catches in two seasons in Miami before he ever became a Patriot. Sure, Brady made him better, but it's not like he was nothing before NE TRADED FOR HIM.

He was traded to a division rival. If the Dolphins were sold on him they never would have traded him to a division rival. He was basically looked at as Adam Humphries or someone like that. Yes he had some ability, but Brady is who made him a star.

If your one need is a QB, its not going to matter much at this point. And finding a QB is a lot more difficult than find a receiver or TE.

I agree with this, it is more difficult. Again, to use the gambling analogy, I'd rather gamble with house money instead of gambling out of desperation. It's easier to gamble on a QB, whether it's in the draft or FA, when you're playing with house money - which in this case means having a fully assembled deep roster around the position of QB.

I agree with this, it is more difficult. Again, to use the gambling analogy, I'd rather gamble with house money instead of gambling out of desperation. It's easier to gamble on a QB, whether it's in the draft or FA, when you're playing with house money - which in this case means having a fully assembled deep roster around the position of QB.

I dont agree that this was made out of desperation. Obviously we all heard the Stroud rumors, so Levis probably wasnt there top choice, but taking a guy with his type of potential in the second round doesnt come across as desperate to me, and I am not sure his ceiling isnt actually higher than Stroud's. I like Stroud, but he also played with a really good group of receivers and o line, where as Levis had neither of those things.

Not sure, he was a FA for like an hour.

and if getting a contract somewhere else is the bar, damn, all QBs have had stud WR and TN has given away some good ones.

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/...g-nick-westbrook-ikhine-back-on-one-year-deal

The Tennessee Titans finally made an addition to the wide receiver group in free agency, but it was not a player most Titans’ fans will be excited to see return.

If the Titans are serious about correcting their issues at wide receiver, Westbrook-Ikhine’s role will be severely minimized in 2023

So the question is, would you rather a WR on your roster who Titans fans are 'not excited to see return,' or a WR or TE from this years draft? We could have had either, but we chose a QB instead.

duddy-3-1.jpg

Oh, and for the record, as a Titans fan, I HOPE THAT I'M WRONG ON ALL OF THIS. Matter of fact, someone bookmark this thread, and four years from now when Levis has led us to a Super Bowl win, feel free to throw everything that I said back in my face. I can't wait to hopefully maybe be wrong...

I mean I def thought it was Hooker, but the fact that it's the 2nd, it softens the jab.
Yeah I would have been much more upset if we took him at 11. It just feels like Willis all over again. And we have so many holes, if Levis starts at some point this season he is gonna get killed. Like what's the path to him becoming a franchise QB? I just don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back