Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamar Jackson is a free agent as well

Also our defense was pitiful other than vs the run. It needs some work for sure.

forgot about Lamar... I would certainly expect him to get franchised

I really feel our secondary is better than they performed because of injury... I'm not sure if we had 2-3 games in a row with the same DBs starting... Molden was out basically all yr and then Fulton missed a ton as did Hooker.

I'm hoping our front 4 on defense can stay healthy and play up to what they are getting paid... I'm not for cutting Dupree... He gets 1 more yr to show if he can stay healthy and produce.

I could very realistically see the Bucs moving on from Mike Evans this off-season with their cap situation. Thoughts? Great receiver but almost 30 and doesn’t offer top end speed.

I could very realistically see the Bucs moving on from Mike Evans this off-season with their cap situation. Thoughts? Great receiver but almost 30 and doesn’t offer top end speed.
100% yes.
Cost is the real problem but he’s reached 1K literally every year, stills beats the best defenders deep or shallow.

He’s not over the hill or coming off injury like Julio Jones was.

That said, titans pursuing IF the Bucs let him go, would symbolize a huge offensive shift. As is, I wouldn’t expect Tn to go after him.

"Back to"? Literally the only thing the Titans D was good at was stopping the run. Everything else, they were terrible at.
yep, because our offense was so horribly bad it was easy to overlook that our d is not good. they just happen to be better at d, then our o is at offense.

yep, because our offense was so horribly bad it was easy to overlook that our d is not good. they just happen to be better at d, then our o is at offense.
Hopefully some of it was due to injury.

Also it didn't help the D when the O went 3 and out what seemed like 95% of the time. There were a lot of games that the offense had chance after chance because of decent defense and couldn't do anything to score/win. Only so many times they could bend without breaking.

Hopefully some of it was due to injury.

Also it didn't help the D when the O went 3 and out what seemed like 95% of the time. There were a lot of games that the offense had chance after chance because of decent defense and couldn't do anything to score/win. Only so many times they could bend without breaking.
Watching the team this year was like getting repeated colonoscopies without sedation..... 7 straight losses after being 7-3 including a missed kick by Fat Boy that should have had us at 8-2. I wasn't for it, but Jrob deserved to get canned for this..

Better than sucking at everything
We fired secondary coach

But does the secondary coach make players play 10 yards off the WRs or is that a part of the scheme the DC calls?

I'll admit I'm not a defensive coordinator or pretend to know what plays they're running etc... But it's crazy watching Titans secondary either nowhere near where the ball is going or just standing there as the WR catches the ball and then they try to tackle.

Do they just suck so bad they can't keep up with any WR or is that the style of defense they're taught to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back