Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people on this forum want to give Big Jeff record money and then re-sign anyone that’s good. That’s not how it works. Sorry. You have to choose.

The way I see it we have 25 free agents and another 5-8 guys that will probably be cut. That means Carthon will need to fill at least 20-30 roster spots. That’s massive turnover. Lets say we sign 8-10 drafted players and UDFA, that still means we will need to sign 15-20 veteran players just to fill out this roster. I expect a much more active free agency this year for the Titans than recent years.

Some people on this forum want to give Big Jeff record money and then re-sign anyone that’s good. That’s not how it works. Sorry. You have to choose.
We’ll see about that record money. If he’s only as good as you’ve been saying, no way he’s offered that much.

Let’s say we use our two available Post June 1 designations on Dupree and Cunningham. These are some savings we could make:
Dupree: 15.7 mil
Cunningham: 11.1
Lewan: 14.8
Woods: 12.0
Bullock: 2.0
Jemarco: 1.0
Ward: 1.0
Rader: 1.0
Chris Jackson: 1.0
Roos: 1.0
6 other guys make $870,000 and are backup backups (couldn’t even tell you who John Leglue and Mike Brown are lol)

So that’s around $66 million in savings. Less the 23.6 mill we’re over the cap, and that gives us around $42.5 million to update the roster this off-season. Plenty. And that doesn’t even factor in available restructures if needed.

Let’s say we use our two available Post June 1 designations on Dupree and Cunningham. These are some savings we could make:
Dupree: 15.7 mil
Cunningham: 11.1
Lewan: 14.8
Woods: 12.0
Bullock: 2.0
Jemarco: 1.0
Ward: 1.0
Rader: 1.0
Chris Jackson: 1.0
Roos: 1.0
6 other guys make $870,000 and are backup backups (couldn’t even tell you who John Leglue and Mike Brown are lol)

So that’s around $66 million in savings. Less the 23.6 mill we’re over the cap, and that gives us around $42.5 million to update the roster this off-season. Plenty. And that doesn’t even factor in available restructures if needed.
Can't just cut every player to save 800k-1m here and there because someone's going to fill those spots for the same money anyway.

The big contract guys will be the main focus. But easily free up 24-30m with cuts and then there's still a chance to restructure some guys.

Take Chris Jones off the chiefs and the Bengals are playing the Eagles in two weeks. Gotta keep your difference makers.

I would only restructure the guys that they view are on the team longterm. Tanne adding 2 years to spread his cap out is the only real exception I can see right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back