Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you'd rather gamble on being on the dumps than continue with a QB that has been a winner since starting in TN (outside of this disastrous season for the whole team)

Tannehill obviously isn't the answer for ever...but for the moment dumping him for an unknown just doesn't make sense, imo. Even if the Titans draft a QB in the first, I'd rather have Tannehill around for another year than throw a rookie out there. And Brady just doesn't make sense.

Yes. I'd rather gamble on Brady/Rodgers (preferably Rodgers) or move on to the next potential franchise QB. And I think this class is a really good class at QB.

I'd rather not spin the wheel of mediocrity again.

We know THill was 1 game away from the SB and a playoff contender 3/4 years. Those are better results than 90% of the league’s QBs.

I guess as long as we’re going to completely simplify everything the QB does, we should look at the actual results vice “feelings” regarding his last playoff game.

“but…….” With specific game vice full body of work and “everyone else carried him” arguments now.

He's regressed each of the last 2 seasons. And whenever we've had to depend on RT to put the team on his back in the playoffs to win, he's failed every time. It's not losing that is the issue. It's his God Awful performances.

We're probably not picking this high next year. We are what we are, which is a .500ish team. I'd rather not linger in mediocrity. Rip the band-aid off and move on.
He's regressed each of the last 2 seasons. And whenever we've had to depend on RT to put the team on his back in the playoffs to win, he's failed every time. It's not losing that is the issue. It's his God Awful performances.

reject loserculture embrace winning

I’d say 2021 is pretty on par with his entire career.

and that’s not true about him failing “every time” and there appears to be some disparity with the games that fans think THill was relied on to win vs what the coaching staff/OC relied on him to do.

it’s impossible to expect Mahomes out of THill for multiple reasons:
1: the team is different. Built and play called.
2. THill was never THE top QB. He had 2 years out producing his “appx career avg” when it comes to rating or QBR.
3. Is the team ever healthy? Yes, and then you go back to point 1.
4. It’s argued week in and week out that this OL is bottom of the league good.

I’m hoping to avoid this, but this post isn’t even a complete approval of THill, he’s just not as bad or as much at fault as some claim him to be and he has produced well enough to win a SB, the team just didn’t and in some cases lost to really good teams. That happens and to even the absolute best of QBs.

Tannehill did not regress this year. He was hurt most of the year and performed admirably behind a terrible O-line. In fact, I believe many of his rate stats this year we’re closer to his 19-20 campaigns.

I’d say 2021 is pretty on par with his entire career.

and that’s not true about him failing “every time” and there appears to be some disparity with the games that fans think THill was relied on to win vs what the coaching staff/OC relied on him to do.

it’s impossible to expect Mahomes out of THill for multiple reasons:
1: the team is different. Built and play called.
2. THill was never THE top QB. He had 2 years out producing his “appx career avg” when it comes to rating or QBR.
3. Is the team ever healthy? Yes, and then you go back to point 1.
4. It’s argued week in and week out that this OL is bottom of the league good.

I’m hoping to avoid this, but this post isn’t even a complete approval of THill, he’s just not as bad or as much at fault as some claim him to be and he has produced well enough to win a SB, the team just didn’t and in some cases lost to really good teams. That happens and to even the absolute best of QBs.
That 2 score lead at the half against KC still haunts me...

We know THill was 1 game away from the SB and a playoff contender 3/4 years. Those are better results than 90% of the league’s QBs.

I guess as long as we’re going to completely simplify everything the QB does, we should look at the actual results vice “feelings” regarding his last playoff game.

“but…….” With specific game vice full body of work and “everyone else carried him” arguments now.

"bUT hE cAN neVEr wiN a SuPERBowL becAUse hE haSnt yET! "

Along with a large majority of other active QBs. A lot of them haven't sniffed the playoffs, much less accomplished what Tanny has in TN.

Yes. I'd rather gamble on Brady/Rodgers (preferably Rodgers) or move on to the next potential franchise QB. And I think this class is a really good class at QB.

I'd rather not spin the wheel of mediocrity again.

Rodgers couldn't will his team to the playoffs and Brady couldn't will his team past the first round. Mediocre.

Plus the Titans don't have 60m to pay Rodgers and why the hell would Brady or Rodgers want to play here?

Wilson / Payton trades

Broncos get
:

• QB Russell Wilson
  • 2022 fourth-round pick
  • HC Sean Payton
  • 2023 third-round pick
Seahawks get:

• QB Drew Lock
  • DT Shelby Harris
  • TE Noah Fant
  • 2022 first-round pick
  • 2022 second-round pick
  • 2022 fifth-round pick
  • 2023 first-round pick
  • 2023 second-round pick
Saints get:

• 2023 first-round pick
  • 2024 second-round pick

Wilson / Payton trades

Broncos get
:

• QB Russell Wilson
  • 2022 fourth-round pick
  • HC Sean Payton
  • 2023 third-round pick
Seahawks get:

• QB Drew Lock
  • DT Shelby Harris
  • TE Noah Fant
  • 2022 first-round pick
  • 2022 second-round pick
  • 2022 fifth-round pick
  • 2023 first-round pick
  • 2023 second-round pick
Saints get:

• 2023 first-round pick
  • 2024 second-round pick

Trading first round picks for a coach is pretty dumb, imo. You need good players on the field no matter who the HC is.

Wilson / Payton trades

Broncos get
:

• QB Russell Wilson
  • 2022 fourth-round pick
  • HC Sean Payton
  • 2023 third-round pick
Seahawks get:

• QB Drew Lock
  • DT Shelby Harris
  • TE Noah Fant
  • 2022 first-round pick
  • 2022 second-round pick
  • 2022 fifth-round pick
  • 2023 first-round pick
  • 2023 second-round pick
Saints get:

• 2023 first-round pick
  • 2024 second-round pick
Did the broncos have 2 2023 1sts? 1 to Sea for Wilson and 1 to NO for Payton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back