Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t have too much issue with a lady assistant coach or anything, but the standards of expectations don’t change. If the DL turns to s**t, even as an assistant, she better expect the full rage of anger and some of the will be “because she’s a woman”.
I have no sympathy in that case.

I really don’t have too much issue with a lady assistant coach or anything, but the standards of expectations don’t change. If the DL turns to s**t, even as an assistant, she better expect the full rage of anger and some of the will be “because she’s a woman”.
I have no sympathy in that case.

She'll be just a decorated waterboy and nothing else. These hires are solely for cred to make an organization look good. We just won ourselves a couple of hundred new fans. Whoopty doo.

She'll be just a decorated waterboy and nothing else. These hires are solely for cred to make an organization look good. We just won ourselves a couple of hundred new fans. Whoopty doo.
If that’s true, not denying it personally, but for the same reasons, I think we lose a net numbers of fans out of the deal.

Yeah wait till the harassment and sexism accusations become wide spread as women fill the coaching and executive ranks if they don’t get their way all the time.

I'm seeing people say that the Fish won't be re-signing Giseki. I'd sign him to a relatively cheap deal and let him and Hooper fight it out I'm camp.

My offseason plan has more extensions than cuts.. we are 23.5 mil over the cap now. These numbers are from the OTC website

I extend

Tanny cap savings 20.5 mil
Henry cap savings 7.8 mil
Simmons cap savings 7.7 mil
Autry cap savings 4.4 mil
Ben Jones 3.8 mil
Robert Woods 10 mil

total cap savings with extensions 54.2 mil

I cut

Lewan 14.8 mil
Cunningham 8.9 mil

total cap savings with cuts 23.7 mil

total cap savings 77.9 mil minus the 23.5 mil that we are over the cap leaves us with 54.4 mil to spend in FA.

I know most people want to cut Woods, but it would only save us 2 mil more than extending him. He was 1 yr out from an ACL and didn't get to work with Tanny during the offseason. He also is not a #1 WR which is what he was asked to play most of the yr. I'm willing to give him another yr to see if he improves another yr out from his ACL and with Burks stepping into the #1 WR role.

I see no reason to not extend Autry. He has been one of our most consistent and impactful DL. It isn't easy to find a guy who can line up on the edge and inside and get after the qb from both spots.

Tanny, Henry and Simmons are still the main players on this roster and need to be extended

I do not think that bringing in a young QB with the status of our current OL would be smart. In my mind we have 2 years to improve our OL before we bring in our future QB.

Spend our 54.4 mil improving OL, WR, CB

My offseason plan has more extensions than cuts.. we are 23.5 mil over the cap now. These numbers are from the OTC website

I extend

Ben Jones 3.8 mil
Robert Woods 10 mil

I cut

Lewan 14.8 mil
Cunningham 8.9 mil

total cap savings 77.9 mil minus the 23.5 mil that we are over the cap leaves us with 54.4 mil to spend in FA.

I know most people want to cut Woods, but it would only save us 2 mil more than extending him. He was 1 yr out from an ACL and didn't get to work with Tanny during the offseason. He also is not a #1 WR which is what he was asked to play most of the yr. I'm willing to give him another yr to see if he improves another yr out from his ACL and with Burks stepping into the #1 WR role.

I see no reason to not extend Autry. He has been one of our most consistent and impactful DL. It isn't easy to find a guy who can line up on the edge and inside and get after the qb from both spots.

Tanny, Henry and Simmons are still the main players on this roster and need to be extended

I do not think that bringing in a young QB with the status of our current OL would be smart. In my mind we have 2 years to improve our OL before we bring in our future QB.

Extending a lot of older players there and players they might not want to be locked into long term. Not smart just to create cap room now. Gonna pay even more after this year. No way they are extending Tannehill, Henry, Ben Jones and Robert Woods. This is just silly.

I extend

Ben Jones 3.8 mil
Robert Woods 10 mil

I cut

Lewan 14.8 mil
Cunningham 8.9 mil

Not a fan of kicking the can

Extending a lot of older players there and players they might not want to be locked into long term. Not smart just to create cap room now. Gonna pay even more after this year. No way they are extending Tannehill, Henry, Ben Jones and Robert Woods. This is just silly.
Not a fan of kicking the can

To me extensions are not always kicking the can down the road like straight up re-structures....but being good at kicking the can is part of what makes a good GM... you know that the cap is going up each yr so you plan for it... you know who your key players are and can manipulate cap hits to hit at different points of the contract.... you know at some point you are going to have a new QB on a rookie deal and can plan your cap for that.

I'm not saying the Titans are going to do this but it shows how we can manipulate the cap and keep our core together and have money to spend in FA

better plan than cutting T17 and sacrificing whoever takes snaps

I'm a woman and never played football but somehow I have the experience to coach you........

I have nothing against women working in football operations, but when it comes to the onfield player stuff, let them do that for powderpuff or a women's league.
She has more playing and coaching experience than Todd Haley had.

I'm a woman and never played football but somehow I have the experience to coach you........

I have nothing against women working in football operations, but when it comes to the onfield player stuff, let them do that for powderpuff or a women's league.
You're a woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back