Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example Lamar Jackson is wanting 200 million guaranteed. The team has to come up with that 200 million immediately and put it in escrow. So someone like the Adams family might not want to put up 1/6th of their entire worth to pay one player. Yes the salary cap keeps the rosters fairly equal, but if you have more cash on hand, you can manipulate it more easily. Like the Jerry Jones type. It amazes me how little some of you know about how things actually work.
That’s an extreme case though. Not a lot of 200 million dollar 100% guaranteed in the league. It’s speculation to say Strunk can’t afford most restructures. It’s also incorrect that all restructures require huge amounts up front, while common to do that, in some cases the player is actually asked to take a reduction.

Titans need to draft Will Levis and let him learn behind Tannehill for a year. That’s what I’ve decided it the best course of action. If not, trade Tannehill & Henry, , draft a LT, start Willis and tank for a QB next year.
Not when it comes to restructuring contracts. The money is paid up front instead of over time.

The Titans, just the Titans made $481 million in revenue last season. Amy has other sources of income. The team has cash if they need it. Having said that NFL teams have a line of credit with the league if they need cash up to like $500 million per team.

The reason you always see the big market teams doing this is their owners have a lot of money to pay the players money up front. I’m not sure Amy does. That’s why you don’t see the Titans do a lot of restructuring.

Part of the reason that we are in our current cap situation is because of doing some straight re-structures. Teams only need to re-structure when they need cap space and rarely do you see a team get more than 40mil above the cap.

It is more of an issue when signing a player to a new contract/extension because that is when you see the big time guaranteed money. That is why their has been rumbles about whether Amy has the cash to pay BIG JEFF because he will get 70-80mil guaranteed.

Every other owner in the league must have been pissed as can be at Haslam for signing Watson to that $240mil guaranteed deal.

Who are your top 5 FA targets for tomorrow?
I’d like to see:
T Orland Brown
C Ethan Pocic
T Kaleb McGary
CB Cameron Sutton
WR Allen Lazard

This would allow us to go a variety of directions in the draft IMO.

Somewhat of a similar situation to this year, here’s kind of a rewind on the “career” of Jake Locker and how some of it all went down.
Locker went 1st of the tough QB competition of Gabbert, Ponder, and Locker but ultimately Dalton and CK were arguably better picks early second round.
Honestly, kind of a shame what went down with Locker but I give some respect that he walked away before trying to scrape together another moderate payday in FA.

Edit: guess the video doesn’t work but YouTube “thatgoodsports” draft busts everyone forgets.

Somewhat of a similar situation to this year, here’s kind of a rewind on the “career” of Jake Locker and how some of it all went down.
Locker went 1st of the tough QB competition of Gabbert, Ponder, and Locker but ultimately Dalton and CK were arguably better picks early second round.
Honestly, kind of a shame what went down with Locker but I give some respect that he walked away before trying to scrape together another moderate payday in FA.

Edit: guess the video doesn’t work but YouTube “thatgoodsports” draft busts everyone forgets.
Locker would have been a great QB. He had Chris Palmer as his OC for God’s sake. People seem to forget that.

Locker would have been a great QB. He had Chris Palmer as his OC for God’s sake. People seem to forget that.
Problem with Locker wasn't his talent. It was his injury prone body. A team can only wait so long for their starting QB to fully heal and help win some games for them.

Problem with Locker wasn't his talent. It was his injury prone body. A team can only wait so long for their starting QB to fully heal and help win some games for them.
Yes Bruce Matthews was the o-line coach at the time too and was a disaster. Locker was constantly getting hit. Here we are in the same situation again.

Looking at the large view of our roster with all the holes on it and our cap situation. I feel like we will do little in FA until bargin bin day. I will give Ran the highest praise if this team is even close to competitive this coming season.

Who are your top 5 FA targets for tomorrow?
I’d like to see:
T Orland Brown
C Ethan Pocic
T Kaleb McGary
CB Cameron Sutton
WR Allen Lazard

This would allow us to go a variety of directions in the draft IMO.

Brendel center and Mcglinchey RT both from the 49ers…. Bring in 2 solid guys who know each other… will help in OL rebuild

Ben Powers guard

Darius Slayton and Noah Brown for WR help

I’d be very happy to land Sutton although I feel ILBer is more of a need

I’m getting my LT in the draft and having that premium position on the cheap for the next 5 yrs.

This is kinda a crazy over pay imo, especially the fact he's really only had 1 good year. This kinds ****s us because simmons should get more than this and thats a ton of money

We can blame the Jags for losing AJ because of the Kirk contract and now we get to blame Washington for losing Big Jeff.

We can blame the Jags for losing AJ because of the Kirk contract and now we get to blame Washington for losing Big Jeff.
Teams are going to have to come together and stop one upping the last big contract at some point.

QB is at 40-50m/yr, WR 25-30m, LT 20ish, EDGE 20-25m. DL 20-25 several other positions in the 20m range... Getting to the point that you can only fill 3-4 positions with top talent once they get past a rookie contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back