Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan at all of the qbs projected to go first round this year. Of course it remains the hardest position to predict. But im hoping if theres an opportunity to trade down, multiple times even, we do that.

Package Big Jeff and some picks to move up and and draft a QB.
I like Jeff but don't need to break the bank on another defensive player. Bears have already said they prefer a DL or WR more then picks to move up.
I think I read that same thought from Clay Travis

personally I’m not for moving Jeff
Dominant D Line is hard to find

Trading Simmons would be dumb. He's the best player on defense by far.

The only player worth trading is Tanne. Probable destinations are either NY team, NOLA, ATL, WASH, Carolina, and Las Vegas. Possibly Tampa or LA Rams if their QBs retire. New England as a dark horse since I don't think they believe in Mac Jones and they are in win now mode with Billy B ready to retire.

I would think we could get close to what Indy got for Wentz. At the very least, we get what Indy gave up for Ryan.

Cut Lewan, Woods, Cunningham, and Bullock. Designate Dupree as your post June 1 cut (or negotiate a lower contract to stay). Potential savings = 53.5 million.

Tag/resign David Long. Sign Big Jeff to an extension that reduces his cap hit in year 1. If Orlando Brown makes it to FA, do everything in your power to sign him, because the LT market is awful, both in FA and in the draft. If the Chiefs re-sign him instead, bring in the 2 best guards possible and find a reserve LT that can hold his own.

Draft Stroud/Young. Trade up if you have to. They are the only 2 QBs I have faith in this draft.

Spend remaining draft picks on OL depth, WR, and CB.

Havent had time to deep dive into cap situation. But the obvious potential cuts everyone can see plain as day are:

Woods
Dead $ 2.59 million
Savings $ $12 million

Lewan
Dead $ 0 million
Savings $ 14.8 million

Dupree
Dead $ 10.8 million
Savings $ 9.3 million

Cunningham
Dead $ 4.5million
Savings $ 8.8 million

Im no expert. So someone explain cutting Dupree with that big of a dead money hit. Does it make sense?

Robert Woods also seems like an obvious one but that leaves us with almost nothing at WR. Can we get a better replacement with that money we save by cutting him or do we roll the dice and pray he returns somewhat to form next year?

Lewan if he stays would have to be a restructure id imagine? Otherwise hes gone.

We have a ton of holes and no GM currently. This could get ugly.

Havent had time to deep dive into cap situation. But the obvious potential cuts everyone can see plain as day are:

Woods
Dead $ 2.59 million
Savings $ $12 million

Lewan
Dead $ 0 million
Savings $ 14.8 million

Dupree
Dead $ 10.8 million
Savings $ 9.3 million

Cunningham
Dead $ 4.5million
Savings $ 8.8 million

Im no expert. So someone explain cutting Dupree with that big of a dead money hit. Does it make sense?

Robert Woods also seems like an obvious one but that leaves us with almost nothing at WR. Can we get a better replacement with that money we save by cutting him or do we roll the dice and pray he returns somewhat to form next year?

Lewan if he stays would have to be a restructure id imagine? Otherwise hes gone.

I'm for keeping Woods.....at a much lower cap hit. Like $2-3M a year.

After they make the cuts to free up cap space.
We need to bring Foreman back to backup Henry because slow ass Haskins isn't the answer. Then sign a veteran OL,CB and WR.

Resign Long and Davis too.

Woods
Dead $ 2.59 million
Savings $ $12 million

Lewan
Dead $ 0 million
Savings $ 14.8 million

Dupree
Dead $ 10.8 million
Savings $ 9.3 million

Cunningham
Dead $ 4.5million
Savings $ 8.8 million

Dupree post June 1 is 15.75m in cap space and only 4.45m in dead money. If I'm not mistaken, you can still designate 2 players per year anytime before June 1 and it still count as a post June 1 cut.

Browns want to interview Schwartz for DC.
If Schwartz leaves, we're about to find out who really was to credit the progress of the defense in 2021 and 2022. Schwartz or Bowen.

Watch us revert back to the 2020 defense without an elite offense to make up for it.

If Schwartz leaves, we're about to find out who really was to credit the progress of the defense in 2021 and 2022. Schwartz or Bowen.

Watch us revert back to the 2020 defense without an elite offense to make up for it.
Man 2020 defense with 2022 offense would be a historically bad team. Like potentially winless bad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back