Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough we can argue back and forth on this endlessly if we want. Just curious though where would you rank Jackson, and who do you have ahead of him. Factoring age into the equation.
Not necessarily in order:
Mahomes
Rodgers
Josh Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Russ Wilson (regardless of this season)
Prescott around the same
It’s hard not to add Brady because I know a drop off has to be coming right?

Hurts and Tua may be on the same level but need more time to prove it, Tua May be done though.

So I guess I’d still have jackson top 10.
Honestly, some of the other names have retired and gotten old in the last couple years.

Going around the league, QB is just not as deep as it was even 5 years ago. I think this is a testament to lack of development year provided (notice Mahomes got one, Rodgers a couple) and the quickness to cast off a bust.

Stafford looked good last year and multiple years throughout his career, not sure he’s still got it.
Goff may have just played his best year.

I can eliminate guys like this too:
Jets - mess, Mike White appears the best
Pats- mac Jones is meh.
Browns- maybe Watson retune to form, but nothing special in Cle yet
Pit- Pickett, maybe with time
Raiders- Carr, ok but I would t say better than LJ
Ind- ryan is dead, foles sucks, mess otherwise
Hous- mills showed some flashes of capable, that’s it.
Jax- I know some swear Lawrence is here. Just not sold yet. Good improved year though.
NYG - Jones May be something, good year, needs more
Wash - Heinicke is better than Wentz, that’s about it
Atl - nothing
NO- maybe Winston could get another legit shot, but I think he’s done. Dalton ain’t it.
Car- darnold on the merrygoround
Min- cousins gets a lot of crap and is better than that, but not better than LJ to me
Chi- fields. No. He is even more RB than LJ.
Sea- geno, glad to see it, but that’s 1 good year
SF- Purdy looks capable. A stud D can make a huge difference too. Jimmy G keeps getting shipped, so how good can he be?
ARZ- Murray is alright but that’s about it.

The Eagles are spending $50m/yr on their offensive line, the best in the NFL.

The Titans spent a paltry $10m total on our primary lineup this year (Daley, Brewer, Jones, Davis, NPF) and $7m of that was Ben Jones. The other 4 guys shared $3 mil.

Cheaping out on the OL was a major part of the issue for us. Go all in this off-season and load up through FA like the Bengals did last year. We don’t need another rookie on the line.
I don’t know how that all got overpaid that much either (except Jones, he’s a saint).

Lol I dunno, I really love his arm talent and the explosiveness he would bring. Big gamble for sure, and they'd need to coach him up big time but if he hits, he's unquestionably elite.
Elite crybaby maybe. But his ceiling is a team like Kentucky, that’s it. I’d be surprised if makes it past practice squad.

Not necessarily in order:
Mahomes
Rodgers
Josh Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Russ Wilson (regardless of this season)
Prescott around the same
It’s hard not to add Brady because I know a drop off has to be coming right?

Hurts and Tua may be on the same level but need more time to prove it, Tua May be done though.

So I guess I’d still have jackson top 10.
Honestly, some of the other names have retired and gotten old in the last couple years.

Going around the league, QB is just not as deep as it was even 5 years ago. I think this is a testament to lack of development year provided (notice Mahomes got one, Rodgers a couple) and the quickness to cast off a bust.

Stafford looked good last year and multiple years throughout his career, not sure he’s still got it.
Goff may have just played his best year.

I can eliminate guys like this too:
Jets - mess, Mike White appears the best
Pats- mac Jones is meh.
Browns- maybe Watson retune to form, but nothing special in Cle yet
Pit- Pickett, maybe with time
Raiders- Carr, ok but I would t say better than LJ
Ind- ryan is dead, foles sucks, mess otherwise
Hous- mills showed some flashes of capable, that’s it.
Jax- I know some swear Lawrence is here. Just not sold yet. Good improved year though.
NYG - Jones May be something, good year, needs more
Wash - Heinicke is better than Wentz, that’s about it
Atl - nothing
NO- maybe Winston could get another legit shot, but I think he’s done. Dalton ain’t it.
Car- darnold on the merrygoround
Min- cousins gets a lot of crap and is better than that, but not better than LJ to me
Chi- fields. No. He is even more RB than LJ.
Sea- geno, glad to see it, but that’s 1 good year
SF- Purdy looks capable. A stud D can make a huge difference too. Jimmy G keeps getting shipped, so how good can he be?
ARZ- Murray is alright but that’s about it.
Mahomes yes
Allen yes
Burrow sure
Herbert yes, forgot about him
Russ is 34 and looks like ass I'll pass
Prescott is a turnover machine, has talent all around him and has performed worse than Jackson. Hard pass.
Brady is almost 50 no way you're taking him over Lamar Jackson factoring in the future
Hurts maybe I'll give you that
Tua sucks, you can't convince me otherwise
Lawrence sure

The rest I agree with for the most part.

So at best he's top 3. At worst top 7. Imo anyway

The Eagles are spending $50m/yr on their offensive line, the best in the NFL.

The Titans spent a paltry $10m total on our primary lineup this year (Daley, Brewer, Jones, Davis, NPF) and $7m of that was Ben Jones. The other 4 guys shared $3 mil.

Cheaping out on the OL was a major part of the issue for us. Go all in this off-season and load up through FA like the Bengals did last year. We don’t need another rookie on the line.
LOL

TL77 says 'whu'bout me boss?"

While I don't necessarily agree with Ljax being a top 5 QB even when healthy, the point still remains that he will command a high price this offseason, one that the Titans cannot afford. They simply cannot replace one high priced QB (at least cap wise) with another high priced QB when the team has other needs.

Best bet is that they are able to restructure Tannehill's contract to spread out his cap hit, try to rebuild the OL, and address the other needs as best they can. Either that or the Titans start a full rebuild.
Draft replacement year after next. It’s the correct path

"Lamar Jackson...
had his team #1 seed in AFC in early DEC...
despite being the #1 most injured team in history
ranked #1 in the NFL throwing outside the numbers...
& was top-10 in the NFL in rush yds when healthy
and after injury BAL went 0-5"

"in the history of the NFL, every player with

80+ passing TDs and
20+ rushing TDs before their
50th career start:

Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson"

"total TDs prior to turning 24 yrs old

87 - Lamar Jackson
77 - Justin Herbert, Jameis Winston
70 - Dan Marino
63 - Matthew Stafford, Fran Tarkenton
62 - Cam Newton
61 - Kyler Murray
59 - Patrick Mahomes
57"

"most efficient QBs when trailing in the 2nd half last year:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Lamar Jackson
3. Kirk Cousins
4. Trevor Siemian
5. Jimmy G
6. Justin Herbert
7. Joe Burrow
8. Tom Brady
9. Patrick Mahomes
---
37. Zach Wilson
38. Russell Wilson
39. Sam Darnold
40. Mike Glennon"

"Lamar Jackson is absolutely DESTROYING the blitz this year

he ranks:

#1 in EPA/att
#2 in YPA
#3 in success rate

he has 6 passing TDs vs the blitz thru 3 games

but not only is he the NFL's best passer vs the blitz this year..."

"trailing in the 2nd half, highest EPA/pass att last 3 years:

1. Lamar Jackson
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Kirk Cousins
4. Deshaun Watson
5. Tom Brady
6. Justin Herbert
7. Dak Prescott
8. Ryan Tannehill
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Joe Burrow
11. Josh Allen
12. Matthew Stafford

*min 200 att"

"top-10 red zone QBs in 2021*

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Josh Allen
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Lamar Jackson (tie)
4. Tom Brady
6. Ryan Tannehill
7. Jimmy Garoppolo
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Teddy Bridgewater

*based on success rate (EPA>0), min 50 att"

"Lamar Jackson's early down PASSING outside the numbers last year:

#1 in YPA (9.2)
#1 in success rate (57%)
#1 in EPA/att (+0.33)

while averaging 9.4 air yards per attempt (5th highest)...

while being blitzed on 32% of attempts (5th highest)...

but he's not a quarterback"
We forced him to beat us with his arm, and dismantled them because of it when they were top dog. Great athlete without the the real deal of QB. Aaron Rodgers would be a better bet… but keeping Tammy is the real answer for next year. Only reason I say Aaron is his knowledge in the field. He’s aging too, but still very good. If we make a move for him, I wouldn’t be upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite crybaby maybe. But his ceiling is a team like Kentucky, that’s it. I’d be surprised if makes it past practice squad.
He also has that quintessential look/vocal tone that Vrabel populates his staff with, very Tannehill-esque. Reminds of a young, sober Todd Downing.

Will Levis is going to be your starting quarterback in September 2023. Shake hands with that.

Package Big Jeff and some picks to move up and and draft a QB.
I like Jeff but don't need to break the bank on another defensive player. Bears have already said they prefer a DL or WR more then picks to move up.

Package Big Jeff and some picks to move up and and draft a QB.
I like Jeff but don't need to break the bank on another defensive player. Bears have already said they prefer a DL or WR more then picks to move up.
I would prefer to keep Big Jeff. No need to burn the house down on QB with no way to protect him or give him a real opportunity. Line needs to be addressed first! Add another WR after this year and we sitting pretty ok. Simmons is an awesome player, just don’t agree with letting him go.

I would prefer to keep Big Jeff. No need to burn the house down on QB with no way to protect him or give him a real opportunity. Line needs to be addressed first! Add another WR after this year and we sitting pretty ok. Simmons is an awesome player, just don’t agree with letting him go.
I agree. Also a highly drafted QB is no guarantee. Look no further than baker. Also look at mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, ljax, Brady etc. Plus Simmons is dope

Ya, you don’t send Jeff anywhere. His known value is higher than any unknown QB for sure.

He also has that quintessential look/vocal tone that Vrabel populates his staff with, very Tannehill-esque. Reminds of a young, sober Todd Downing.

Will Levis is going to be your starting quarterback in September 2023. Shake hands with that.
And, we’ll add him to the pile of trash QB’s we’ve accumulated over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back