Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what we did the entire time with JRob. How did that workout?
Huge franchise turnaround, 6 straight winning seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 2 division championships, first AFC South title in 12 years, and an AFC Championship appearance.

All that with by far the worst injury luck we've ever experienced and some terrible coaching. Should have easily been 3 division titles in a row. We were potentially one magical Mahomes scramble away from a SB appearance. Also doomed by terrible play calling and a bonehead 4th down attempt from beating the Bengals.

I would say it worked out pretty well.

Huge franchise turnaround, 6 straight winning seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 2 division championships, first AFC South title in 12 years, and an AFC Championship appearance.

All that with by far the worst injury luck we've ever experienced and some terrible coaching. Should have easily been 3 division titles in a row. We were potentially one magical Mahomes scramble away from a SB appearance. Also doomed by terrible play calling and a bonehead 4th down attempt from beating the Bengals.

Hope you enjoyed it

Hope you enjoyed it
I know I did.

doesn’t mean I’m content but it’s been an excellent run.

And even though all the cards are currently pointing to a rough year ahead, they still have to play the games.
I’m also still pretty confident in Jax, Ind, and Hou which are all cut from the same cloth giving even a bad TN team a shot at division.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks let’s not forget that David Long Jr missed 12 games over the past two seasons due to injury and left several other games early. The best ability is availability and Long Jr. has been a repeat offender at not being there when we need him. I wish him the best.
Yea but for the price, you can't beat that. Even at part time play, evident by the post comparing our record with him vs without him.

I can't blame Ran on this. I bet he wanted out after being called out by Vrabel and playing for (what appears to be) subpar defensive coaching. Go look at what Rashaan Evans did after reuniting with Pees. Coaching utilizing talent properly to maximize potential is a thing. IIRC, even as a rooky, Vrabel was hating on Long. Sounds like the guy had it out for him.

Some people have bought in lock stock and barrel that everything wrong with the Titans is JRobs fault. Well, not me, and this new GM hasnt done one single thing that I like so far. Hopefully that all changes soon, but I wont be holding my breath.
OL crapfest 100% robinson
B11 in philadelphia 100% robinson
daly in 2 tone blue 100% robinson

robinson was average to above average
made the common sense moves fanatical fans demanded and the T17 acquisition was pretty real good.

but no denying it blew up in spectacular fashion the day b11 was traded

OL crapfest 100% robinson
B11 in philadelphia 100% robinson
daly in 2 tone blue 100% robinson
OL crapfest 60% robinson- bad injury luck and he was actually really good at finding depth and plug-and-play talent early (maybe that gave him too much confidence in the later years)

B11 in philadelphia 40% robinson- Can't pay a diva cry baby that doesn't want to be here. I said it before and I'll say it again... you can't win a SB with a top paid WR and a QB NOT on a rookie deal. Eagles are toast now. (It may actually be 25% Jrob)

daly in 2 tone blue 100% robinson- yep!

you are generous OL all on robinson... literally his job, ultimately, to evaluate the talent and laughable you dont blame robinson 100% for b11 trade.... clearly ownership does/DID

He left the roster in terrible shape. Missing on the risky guys with potential is why we are in the shape we are in now. He started out great but quickly went downhill, which tells me he was more lucky than good since he couldn’t maintain.

Is there a way to see how many of my "negative" ratings are from @GoT I would guess it's at least a third.

That said, a lot of my "positives" are from you too. If you're going to hate, at least elaborate. What's wrong with my Long post?

He left the roster in terrible shape. Missing on the risky guys with potential is why we are in the shape we are in now.
I'm not disagreeing with that, but it still worked out pretty well, which was your question. He ultimately failed with the end game goal, but if Ran (or any GM for that matter) can achieve the same results, it's a win. Now hopefully we can get over the last hurdle.

There's only one SB winner each year, and like I've pointed out before, the list of champions is pretty top heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back