Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
nutbutton.jpg

Titans GMs when there's a 'special teams stand out' available...

Which inevitably leads to no significant PR / KR returns and lots of holding & block in the back calls

The titans do know we don't have enough draft picks for all the positions we need right?....

We have been playing 2nd and 3rds or worse in many of these positions for 2 years. Maybe they just see it as business as usual to continue to leave the holes filled by practice squad guys.

It's a pff account I think so I'm assuming it's just taking the net +/- of players added/lost.

Also before you fade the bears:

I posted this earlier. “Fade” on the bears is 100% justified and accurate.
The Twitter poster obviously knew this so he only posted the increase in Wins vice what their record really was. Most are not even playoff teams.

Top spending team each year on FA.

2023 probably Chi but actually May be Denver by money spent on FA
2022 Jax 9-8
2021 NE 10-7
2020 Mia 10-6
2019 NYJ 7-9
2018 Chi 12-4
2017 Jax 10-6
2016 Jax 3-13
2015 NYJ 10-6
2014 TB 2-14
2013 Mia 8-8

Per
NFL

The 5 years before,
Older article, but the results from 2012 back to 2008 and the results of “off season champ”.
Offseason spending champions

Rest assured, some immediate success came of being offseason champ but it’s almost a guarantee that you’ll be back with the same strategy for some more failure shortly.
Zero offseason champs resulted in a SB visit and I’d love to see the pro 2017 Jax as the model for success.

I posted this earlier. “Fade” on the bears is 100% justified and accurate.
The Twitter poster obviously knew this so he only posted the increase in Wins vice what their record really was. Most are not even playoff teams.
Lol it's your money. No one is picking the bears to win the super bowl relax

Lol it's your money. No one is picking the bears to win the super bowl relax
I don’t think those bets really exist, but my point is “off-season champ” is really not a title teams should want.

In general it means moderate immediate improvement with a return to the bottom of the league only a couple years later.

Jax, Chi, and the Jets continue trying this strategy with literally nothing to show for it.

AZEEZ AL-SHAAIRLB, TENNESSEE TITANS

Titans signed LB Azeez Al-Shair, formerly of the 49ers.
No contract details are available yet. Al-Shaair was a popular free agent with a couple different 49ers regime in the wild, and lands with Titans GM Ran Carthon, who was high in the SF front office pecking order. Turning 26 in August, this is a good rebound signing for the Titans after they lost David Long in free agency

No contract details are available yet. Al-Shaair was a popular free agent with a couple different 49ers regime in the wild, and lands with Titans GM Ran Carthon, who was high in the SF front office pecking order. Turning 26 in August, this is a good rebound signing for the Titans after they lost David Long in free agency

Pretty good pickup here.

49ers news: Azeez Al-Shaair says his goodbyes: ‘Excited for the next journey and grateful for the past!’ - Niners Nation

Sounds like a good move based on the 49ers fans/media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back