Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I think the best case scenario for Burks now, is to show enough promise for next year that he earns either the 5th year option or a new contract for when Hopkins leaves.
it's practically impossible for his 5th year option to get picket up. That's what I meant about expectations. His snap count per game is probably going to be 1/5 of what it was when he was healthy. Only way he can do "enough" to warrant even the consideration of the 5th year option, is if he somehow becomes WR1 again. and IF he becomes WR 1 again, our team and season is F'd.

His best bet is to improve in practice, take advantage of his few opportunities per game, and impress enough with work ethic and preparedness, to have the team feel comfortable with him as a WR2/3 in 2025. If not, you better believe they're looking for his replacement in the next FA or draft, and he's getting a 1-year deal from another team in 2026.

(and by "take advantage" I mean, don't blow them, and availability will be his best ability)

They did save a Ton of cap money by signing The World's Smallest Center.
On Bleacher Report today they called the Titans losing Brewer and adding Cushenberry a “lateral move” for the Titans lol!

Tell us you don’t watch the Titans without telling us you don’t watch the Titans.

On Bleacher Report today they called the Titans losing Brewer and adding Cushenberry a “lateral move” for the Titans lol!

Tell us you don’t watch the Titans without telling us you don’t watch the Titans.
Wow. Curious if that person is a Miami fan. They’ll get first hand view of how “good” Brewer is.

Burks first 2 seasons:
49 rec
665 yds

Derrick Mason first 2 seasons:
39 rec
519 yds

Just saying it takes some guys more time. Adam Theilen, Nico Collins, etc didn’t do squat their first two years either.

Burks first 2 seasons:
49 rec
665 yds

Derrick Mason first 2 seasons:
39 rec
519 yds

Just saying it takes some guys more time. Adam Theilen, Nico Collins, etc didn’t do squat their first two years either.
Mason was also KR and PR and importantly had 16 G his first 2 years.
Burks has 11 (out of 17) each of his first 2 years.

the biggest repeated knock on Burks has been his ability to see the field. Of those games played, he also left multiple early.
IF he has the talent to break out at all, he has to make his way in the field. If he can’t, his talent is irrelevant.

Mason was also KR and PR and importantly had 16 G his first 2 years.
Burks has 11 (out of 17) each of his first 2 years.

the biggest repeated knock on Burks has been his ability to see the field. Of those games played, he also left multiple early.
IF he has the talent to break out at all, he has to make his way in the field. If he can’t, his talent is irrelevant.
Well Mason was also a 4th round pick and contributed immediately as a returner. I think he made the pro bowl in year one or two. I know what Dangermode is saying... Players can turn it around. Especially WRs in year three. None of us can honestly say what Burks will or will not become. I just know his challenge is going to be 10x harder with 3 better WRs ahead of him, and being probably the 7th catching option when you add Chig and the two RBs.

6545511e7efdd.image.jpg

971943e0-7404-11ed-b6ff-027267520b83
Wheezy even KO'd his own self on the 1 TD he has had over 2 seasons

15 starts and 22 apperances over 34 games

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back