Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering this franchises need for a reliable WR2, wouldn’t it be possible for CD84 to re-sign to a team friendlier 8-10 mil per year extension after a solid season? Considering the inconsistency in production, one would hope that the fifth year option being declined wouldn’t close the door on him wanting to resign with us....

Considering this franchises need for a reliable WR2, wouldn’t it be possible for CD84 to re-sign to a team friendlier 8-10 mil per year extension after a solid season? Considering the inconsistency in production, one would hope that the fifth year option being declined wouldn’t close the door on him wanting to resign with us....
Declining the 5th year option was the right choice...Davis isn't going anywhere, he will re-sign for a reasonable deal for both sides, I'm sure he knows he's not getting 14 million a year, with us or anyone else.

Declining the 5th year option was the right choice...Davis isn't going anywhere, he will re-sign for a reasonable deal for both sides, I'm sure he knows he's not getting 14 million a year, with us or anyone else.

Seriously, why would he sign a deal here? He could go sign the same reasonable deal, or a 1 year "prove it" deal, with a team like the chiefs, or saints, or falcons, or cardinals, or any pass happy team that might give him the opportunity to put up numbers.

I hope he does resign a reasonable deal here, but I think he'd be an idiot if he does.

This thread turned into entirely a CD84 debate, which I'm on the side of see ya...We can get a rookie or another vet that can be a better #2 than him, he scares no one like AJ does.

Anyhow, I want to say Adoree is truth! That guy kept getting better and better. He will get a long term deal to stay.

This thread turned into entirely a CD84 debate, which I'm on the side of see ya...We can get a rookie or another vet that can be a better #2 than him, he scares no one like AJ does.

Anyhow, I want to say Adoree is truth! That guy kept getting better and better. He will get a long term deal to stay.

Yep. At his present level, paying him even a low end wr 2 deal is dumb. He could easily be replaced by a day 2 rookie for cheaper.

Yep. At his present level, paying him even a low end wr 2 deal is dumb. He could easily be replaced by a day 2 rookie for cheaper.
Agree 100%. The CD supporters here will say, " So much potential, he will wake up this season and prove it, he's so damn good at blocking! Henry, AJ and Jonnu wouldn't have had scored all those TDs if it wasn't for him blocking down field!" Wasted 5th pick.

But back to my man, Adoree! I hope the dude gets paid and keeps balling.

I’ll take the talk about CD84 only means that everyone is onboard and agrees with the decision on AJ25.

What if the numbers were reversed? Corey makes 10M Adoree gets 15M, do we take their options?

Id say probably.

I'd love to be wrong and be able to lock both of those guys down long term for less to give the team more versatility, but that is probably close to their market values. Adoree's CB class is going to push the market with Lattimore, Humphrey, and Tre'davious.

I'd love to be wrong and be able to lock both of those guys down long term for less to give the team more versatility, but that is probably close to their market values. Adoree's CB class is going to push the market with Lattimore, Humphrey, and Tre'davious.
Thats what i project they make each in 2022

I would assume we sign jackson to a long term deal and let Butler walk at the end of the year. Give jackson Butler's money he is over paid

JRob has shown he will do deals to lock up young players like Byard....I think Adoree, Jonnu and Jayon all fall into that category

JRob has shown he will do deals to lock up young players like Byard....I think Adoree, Jonnu and Jayon all fall into that category

I was talking more in terms of what it will take to sign him.

Looking at what CB's make and looking at his draft class of CB's, something like 6 years, $90+ mil might be his market.

CD84 will owe it to us to stick around with us for favorable terms if he can't show us the potential this year.

I want him to stick around, because quite frankly I like the guy and think he has a lot of talent. Just not sure why he hasn't taken it to another level yet, but I think he makes a statement this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back