Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vrabel decided to trust his defense (the worst 3rd down defense amongst all teams in the NFL since 1982!!!!) MORE than he trusted his number 1 ranked offensive to get 2 yards.... Let that sink in.
Great post! How do you trust your defense in 2020 more than your offense?

Lot of comments saying the D did well because Baltimore only scored 20 points BUT, they did what they wanted to do, control the clock and run the ball.

Tennessee's D gave up 220 yards rushing and allowed another 60% 3rd down conversion rate. I think Baltimore wanted the low scoring game, not the D "allowed" it.

Maybe. But they still only scored 20 points, and if our offense didn’t shit the bed we win.

people are pissed about his decision to punt instead of going for it earlier in the 4th quarter.... It is what it is. If we didn't punt, and our offense didn't get the 2 yards they would crucify him for that decision as well.

It was third and two on the Ravens’ 40 and they subbed Henry out of the game. That’s inexcusable even if you’re planning to pass it then.

If Raymond was the first read on the play, and he was open (he was), you don’t pitter-patter around. You get the ball out.

If Raymond was the first read when our number one wr was the only one making plays all day then that pretty much sums up the game. We literally saw him bail us out last week in a similar situation. I’m looking to get my playmakers the ball in clutch situations.

If Raymond was the first read when our number one wr was the only one making plays all day then that pretty much sums up the game. We literally saw him bail us out last week in a similar situation. I’m looking to get my playmakers the ball in clutch situations.

Can’t argue with that.

Tanny only had 31 attempts in the regular season win. Henry was pretty ineffective until the fourth and I think Vrabel felt this game was going to go the same way.
So you’re saying that Vrabel thought doing what barely allowed us to eke out a win in OT last time was a good idea to try again? I wouldn’t be surprised but it’s pretty damn dumb, especially considering the Ravens were considerably stronger on DL/LB this time around due to no COVID scratches.

So you’re saying that Vrabel thought doing what barely allowed us to eke out a win in OT last time was a good idea to try again? I wouldn’t be surprised but it’s pretty damn dumb, especially considering the Ravens were considerably stronger on DL/LB this time around due to no COVID scratches.
I think that's been the standard approach going into every game the Titans have played this season. They've stuck with the run first (even when not effective) when the lead is less than 14.

I don't recall if the Titans went play-action more on first down during the regular season game but I know they pounded Henry who wasn't effective until the fourth quarter.

I think that's been the standard approach going into every game the Titans have played this season. They've stuck with the run first (even when not effective) when the lead is less than 14.

I don't recall if the Titans went play-action more on first down during the regular season game but I know they pounded Henry who wasn't effective until the fourth quarter.
I don’t recall a game where Henry had absolutely no runs like he did today (didn’t see the GB game).
A 2.2 average, I don’t think any other team held him that low in the first 3Qs.

Once again a broken play scramble by a QB right before halftime plays a major part in ending our season. Just like the Mahomes TD turned the tide last year, Lamar's TD run did the same thing yesterday.

The Ravens offseason was spent shoring up their front 7 on defense to prevent Henry from wearing them down and it worked. Campbell, Wolfe, Mcphee, Ngakoue, Judon, Queen

I don't get all the Arthur Smith hate being thrown around. He guided our offense to being elite this year. It was a fun team to watch. That Ravens defense is nasty now that they are healthy. I think they will give the Bills all they can handle.

Henry had 2 runs of more than 5 yards (6,8). On our TD drive he contributed 4 yards rushing...

I can’t believe the coaches just covered their ears and went la-la-la-la and assumed he eventually would have success if they kept trying.
Wait wasn’t that the exact argument for firing Robiskie??

Once again a broken play scramble by a QB right before halftime plays a major part in ending our season. Just like the Mahomes TD turned the tide last year, Lamar's TD run did the same thing yesterday.

The Ravens offseason was spent shoring up their front 7 on defense to prevent Henry from wearing them down and it worked. Campbell, Wolfe, Mcphee, Ngakoue, Judon, Queen

I don't get all the Arthur Smith hate being thrown around. He guided our offense to being elite this year. It was a fun team to watch. That Ravens defense is nasty now that they are healthy. I think they will give the Bills all they can handle.
Elite offenses don't sputter in the playoffs...Henry gets shut down and Tannehill is not capable of carrying this team. Or was it Art?

I'd really like Vrabel and Robinson to move on
giphy.gif

Elite offenses don't sputter in the playoffs...Henry gets shut down and Tannehill is not capable of carrying this team. Or was it Art?

If you get whooped in the trenches then your offense will sputter... they dominated us up front. Henry had no room to run and Tanny was under pressure. I think not having a solid slot WR hurt because when you are under pressure and need to get rid of the ball quickly they can be your security blanket. Davis again just pulled a disappearing act like he did in Green Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back