Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats because they don't trust Tanny
An unfounded lack of trust too. I would much rather risk some more TO allowing THill to let loose when BDH is struggling. So far, THill has proven to be very effective in general but there are clearly games that no confidence is given in THill.

people are pissed about his decision to punt instead of going for it earlier in the 4th quarter.... It is what it is. If we didn't punt, and our offense didn't get the 2 yards they would crucify him for that decision as well.
disagree he would have been crucified if he had rolled the dice and failed.
The way that game was going, Baltimore was successfully running and the clock. Lack of points in general means he should have gone for it.
The way the OL was playing and some of the play calls went, I'm not confident we would have converted, but would have much rather given the try.

In my mind, “elite” QBs carry an offense on a consistent basis. Today proves that Tanny is only as effective as Henry allows him to be against decent defenses.

Tannehill completed 69% of his attempts and had a +9 yard average. That’s good enough to win. The problem was we only attempted 26 passes against a defense that sold out to stop Henry. Any other team with a decent QB is throwing the ball near 40 times in this game.

Tannehill completed 69% of his attempts and had a +9 yard average. That’s good enough to win. The problem was we only attempted 26 passes against a defense that sold out to stop Henry. Any other team with a decent QB is throwing the ball near 40 times in this game.
Tanny only had 31 attempts in the regular season win. Henry was pretty ineffective until the fourth and I think Vrabel felt this game was going to go the same way.

Defense played well enough to win...we held a red hot ravens offense to 20 points...our offense should've been able to score at least 20 points. Missed taylor lewan and humphries a lot yesterday...Not enough play action and not enough carries by Tannehill to keep the defense honest. Corey Davis with 0 catches in a playoff game is unacceptable.
Players I'm willing to let go in FA are Corey Davis, Jayon Brown and Jonuu Smith.

-I'd like AJ Green or Will Fuller on the other side of AJ Brown
-Bring back Clowney on the cheap
-David Long needs to start with Jayon Gone
-Get a better route running TE to play alongside Firkser
- Draft AND pick up a vet in FA a stud DE/Edge rusher
- Trade for a stephon Gilmore

So- the dance on the logo thing really didn't bother me when it happened. I actually laughed.

But what DOES bother me is the BS idea that the Ravens players and organization is promoting. Namely that the stomping on the logo was more about "team unity" than disrespect. That sort of BS rationalization, lack of accountability is what has become a real problem these days. Just call it like it was- "Hell yes we were disrespecting the Titans logo, stadium, team and fans. Our feelings were hurt when y'all huddled in the center of the field on our logo". If you're man enough to do it at the time, be man enough to take the criticism you earned for doing it.

In hindsight we probably should've signed Tom Brady instead of Tannehill...needed that veteran leadership on offense that would've settled us down. I like Tannehill but that interception to end the game was absolutely unacceptable. He missed AJ brown on the other side who had his opponent beat!

Lot of comments saying the D did well because Baltimore only scored 20 points BUT, they did what they wanted to do, control the clock and run the ball.

Tennessee's D gave up 220 yards rushing and allowed another 60% 3rd down conversion rate. I think Baltimore wanted the low scoring game, not the D "allowed" it.

Defense played well enough to win...we held a red hot ravens offense to 20 points...our offense should've been able to score at least 20 points. Missed taylor lewan and humphries a lot yesterday...Not enough play action and not enough carries by Tannehill to keep the defense honest. Corey Davis with 0 catches in a playoff game is unacceptable.
Players I'm willing to let go in FA are Corey Davis, Jayon Brown and Jonuu Smith.

-I'd like AJ Green or Will Fuller on the other side of AJ Brown
-Bring back Clowney on the cheap
-David Long needs to start with Jayon Gone
-Get a better route running TE to play alongside Firkser
- Draft AND pick up a vet in FA a stud DE/Edge rusher
- Trade for a stephon Gilmore
Why would we bring back clowney? He was over priced and offered nothing in an improvement to this D. HARD PASS.

Lot of comments saying the D did well because Baltimore only scored 20 points BUT, they did what they wanted to do, control the clock and run the ball.
True. But we all knew this wasn’t a playoffs-worthy defense. I take that defensive performance all day if the offense plays anything close to how they did most of the season.

IMO, the defense misled Vrabel to believe he needed to be more conservative offensively.

True. But we all knew this wasn’t a playoffs-worthy defense. I take that defensive performance all day if the offense plays anything close to how they did most of the season.

IMO, the defense misled Vrabel to believe he needed to be more conservative offensively.
That's kind of my point though. Baltimore knows what our offense is capable of too and just like the recommendation against KC or GB, it's keep the offense off the field.
In that fashion, they didn't want to score quickly, they wanted to eat clock and keep from relying on LJ's arm. Our D didn't stop any of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tennessee's D gave up 220 yards rushing and allowed another 60% 3rd down conversion rate. I think Baltimore wanted the low scoring game, not the D "allowed" it.

Losing Time of Possession battle was a consistent theme throughout the 2020 season for the Titans.

Vrabel decided to trust his defense (the worst 3rd down defense amongst all teams in the NFL since 1982!!!!) MORE than he trusted his number 1 ranked offensive to get 2 yards.... Let that sink in.

In hindsight we probably should've signed Tom Brady instead of Tannehill...needed that veteran leadership on offense that would've settled us down. I like Tannehill but that interception to end the game was absolutely unacceptable. He missed AJ brown on the other side who had his opponent beat!

Dude, that interception was not on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back