Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vrabel's about as overrated as Smith at this point.. the only time I can really think of where he truly impressed me, was Belichick'ing Belichick last year in the Wild Card

Everything else he did was either standard expectation or failure, nothing overly impressive

Consistently flat at home and play down to opponents

In any case, I'd rather have the 2k season than 1-2 playoff wins and getting bounced before Super Bowl.. no one outside of Titans fans remembers how far we went in 09, but everyone remembers CJ2K

No one will remember us getting bounced in round 1 or 2 this year, but they'll remember DH2K

We also seemed to lack the intensity I would expect us to have in a home playoff game. After the quick start it was all just flat. Ravens were far more physical. A shame all round

Weird how we didn’t even try to mix it up to someone with speed like a screen to Evans or Jonnu. Just single RB heavy TE sets until third and long.

Yeah, all that nonsense in other threads about Tannehill being an elite quarterback can finally stop now. I think one user was even trying to compare him to Rodgers lol. Tannehill is a good to very good quarterback (and that’s being generous), and that’s it.

Yeah, all that nonsense in other threads about Tannehill being an elite quarterback can finally stop now. I think one user was even trying to compare him to Rodgers lol. Tannehill is a good to very good quarterback (and that’s being generous), and that’s it.
I don’t believe that. Tannehill is a elite Quarterback. He ain’t Rodgers but he is in THIS league at THIS time. Does anyone in the press talk about him like he is? No. But they won the AFC partly because of him being one of the best in the league. Shoot, I bought a Tannehill jersey because I truly believe he is. There was WAAAAAY too much pressure on him today.

I mean, Tannehill didn’t play poorly. And he’s about the only one other than AJ on offense who didn’t.

I don’t believe that. Tannehill is a elite Quarterback. He ain’t Rodgers but he is in THIS league at THIS time. Does anyone in the press talk about him like he is? No. But they won the AFC partly because of him being one of the best in the league. Shoot, I bought a Tannehill jersey because I truly believe he is. There was WAAAAAY too much pressure on him today.
Nope. You cannot be considered elite if you cannot win playoff games and lead your team to the Superbowl. He's not Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson level. Those guys have won a ring and Tammy has not.

Elite are guys DCs scheme are afraid of and game plan to specifically stop them such as Henry. Our QB ain't doing damage without him.

In my mind, “elite” QBs carry an offense on a consistent basis. Today proves that Tanny is only as effective as Henry allows him to be against decent defenses.
I totally agree with your assessment on Tany, he's not elite....Tannehill is above average, will not hurt the team, but can't win the big game on his own. There's only a handful of them in the NFL....Example Joss Allen has developed into elite, and can clearly see the separation from the rest.
A big play in today's game in the 4th quarter.....3rd and 4 close to mid field, time becoming a factor clock under 3, and Tannehill gets picked off. On that play we can blame the receiver falling down, however AJ Brown was one on one wide open for a touchdown....that was the final nail in the coffin. A top 5 quarterback makes that play.

I mean, Tannehill didn’t play poorly. And he’s about the only one other than AJ on offense who didn’t.

Not playing poorly isn’t the standard to be elite. He showed today what he is, a good quarterback that rode the coattails of Henry, and when Baltimore stuffed Henry all day and said “is this your king?!” Tannehill couldn’t carry.

btw you guys say Tannehill doesn't know how to play if Henry isn't owning the other team.. at the same time, Smith doesn't know how to call plays if Henry is struggling

at all

The funny thing is I'm not even mad. After the second quarter I kind of expected it. They have to fix the defense this offseason. Likely Art Smith will be gone- the Titans will need a offensive coordinator who can help build on their success.

In truth, after the first five games this team went 6 and 5, largely off the explosive play of this offense. When the offense wasn't on it's game the defense wasn't able to make up the difference.

To compete with Kansas City they'll need a MUCH improved defense that can get consistent pressure.

In my view, they need to keep the offense together, including Corey Davis. We let Jack Conklin go in the off-season. Note that his playoff run is continuing (at least for now).

Not playing poorly isn’t the standard to be elite. He showed today what he is, a good quarterback that rode the coattails of Henry, and when Baltimore stuffed Henry all day and said “is this your king?!” Tannehill couldn’t carry.

I’m not saying he’s elite, but I can’t really pin the bulk of this loss on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back