Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
true... I am NOT watching draft for first time ever
I will continue to NOT watch draft today & tomorrow

I saw the reports and that is that...

so you think Titans improved roster day 1 of draft?

only a moron would think that is true
Right now all we see is we lost Brown and gained Burks...it's to be seen if we improved... hopefully if what I've read about Burks is true...I think we will be fine

I think Titans dumped an established Top 15 WR ( to save CAP ) for a rookie who might or might not be a good player.

And forfeited the opportunity to upgrade elsewhere by trading out of 26

so day 1 is clearly a step back. Hell even Indy stayed the same. Titans found a way to go backwards on day 1 of the 2022 draft

they had a choice... they choose poorly
You obviously have a poor grasp of the salary cap. He was not worth that much money. When they pay him that much and can’t afford to re-sign Simmons, you gonna be mad at them again? You can’t just pay every player what they THINK they are worth. Every time a bad team overpays a player to come there in free agency, every player at that position can’t automatically be paid more than that person. That’s not how the league has ever worked and it cannot work like that. This isn’t Madden.

other teams say differently

Titans dumped a difference maker to save CAP

punk ass surrender monkey move. NOT a move teams trying to win a championship make

The star receiver said the annual salary was around $16 million with the Titans’ proposed extension, with incentives increasing the deal to around $20 million a year. If he would have stayed in Tennessee, he would have only earned around $4 million in 2022 in his fourth year of his rookie contract.

punk ass surrender monkey move. NOT a move teams trying to win a championship make
Yeah and if you notice, those teams saying otherwise are teams with losing records. The teams trading them away like the Chiefs, Packers, Titans and Ravens are regular playoff teams. I think I would prefer to be more like the Chiefs and Packers than the Jaguars and Dolphins. It’s not about saving cap, it’s about being able to be under the cap. You can’t pay everyone on a team with 50 players 20 million each a year unless the salary cap is 1 billion. Simple math some people don’t seem to understand. You really want to dedicate 15% of your salary cap to one WR who has barely eclipsed 1000 yards once and can’t stay healthy , and acts like a child on top of that?

agreed... and I think ADDING to the team on day 1 of the draft would be nice.

It was a reasonable expectation, as a fan, that the Titans would actually be better at the end of day 1 of the draft.

I am disappoint

could have stayed at 26 ... at least then an argument could have been made that team improved

Love AJ. Dudes a beast and a good teammate. But hes not the star on our offense. Henry is. We need to build around him and paying a WR ungodly amounts of money doesnt make sense. It hurt but i think its the right move for the future.

Love AJ. Dudes a beast and a good teammate. But hes not the star on our offense. Henry is. We need to build around him and paying a WR ungodly amounts of money doesnt make sense. It hurt but i think its the right move for the future.
effectively robinson got a 3 for B11

piss poor GMing IMO

did not even get a WR tossed into deal... pretty real sad

effectively robinson got a 3 for B11

piss poor GMing IMO

did not even get a WR tossed into deal... pretty real sad
He got Treylon Burks and whoever they take in the 3rd, and a lot of cap space to re-sign other players like Simmons. Could end up working out great if Burks is a perennial 1000 yard receiver which he could easily be. If he’s not, it was a horrible trade.

Guess which brand new jersey i bought and wore for the first time to the draft last night!? View attachment 19622
Your best bet these days is to buy "classic" jerseys.

I've owned 4 jerseys over the years - bought for me, luckily - Godfrey(cut), Young(sigh), Locker(ugh), Mariota(yikes), and only one left standing is my Byard one.

If I ever get another one, going McNair or George... maybe Blaine or Wycheck.

what would have been your contract offer that would not have strapped the Titans next year? Apparently AJ had not only skipped the voluntary workouts but quit communication with the team. The contract offer they made was flat out refused by him and his team.

Burks can be very good…he put numbers up against top SEC teams like Alabama…and has been compared to AJ in terms of size, speed and play style.

And, this is coming from a huge AJ fan…wore his jersey every home game and tweeted my emotional rant last night calling it the worst move since they started here in 99. But these WRs are wanting crazy money and people ate paying it.

Vrabel's body language from the war room when the trade went down says it all. This morning a caller on the local radio said it best- "...my head understands the decision, but my heart is broken." Even after experiencing the McNair deal and losing Dyson back in the day, this shit doesn't get easier. Lets hope its not another 18 years before we have a standout wide receiver- otherwise we are heading back to the drawing board. JRob- our eyes are on you, buddy. So far, you're pretty good overall, but this could make or break you- ask Bill O'Brien how that worked out.

robinson is a competent GM... I disagree with this trade from the outside looking in. Does not help 2022 Titans in the least... hurts them without a doubt

But robinson has to think about 2023 ect Titans as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back