Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how this board would have reacted if we signed a WR for 4 years/$100 million who only had one, barely, 1000 yard season. I suspect no one would be happy.

I said it last night and more and more my feelings on this trade have been validated. Hated it first love it more and more now. He is Antonio Brown 2.0 and 80 mil guaranteed is looney tunes. He will absolutely fall apart with the Philly fans hammering him and Vrable will not there to hold him up. remember he had that "mental" issue last offseason...yeah dude is unstable. This is a good franchise move no matter how much it cringes to lose our first top end WR since Mason.

I had no problem with the trade initially anyway because I don’t think it’s a good idea to pay any receiver $25-$30 million dollars.

But the more that’s coming out about how AJ handled the situation the more I’m glad we dealt him.

Can’t have the inmates running the asylum. Now every other player knows that they are expendable if we’ll walk from the best receiver we’ve had in ages.

Some other talking head I saw said that we offered brown 16 a year...

16 million with incentives to reach 20?

He was on Instagram with Deebo saying they offered 20 if my crap memory isn't playing games with me so there's that too

AJ has extremely thin skin. His agents probably trying to get that extra money because of all the babysitting he has to do by constantly monitoring his Twitter.

Some other talking head I saw said that we offered brown 16 a year...

Translation....I wanted more but I can't stay healthy enough to get more...I don't blame the FO...you can thank the Jags

How the Jaguars broke the WR market with Christian Kirk’s contract - SBNation.com

Brown spoke to ESPN’s Turron Davenport following the deal and made it clear he wanted to stay in Nashville. He also revealed that the Titans’ offer was for $16 million per year, and up to $20 million annually with incentives.

“This wasn’t my fault,” Brown said of his exit from Nashville. “I wanted to stay, but the deal they offered was a low offer. The deal they offered wasn’t even $20 million a year.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, the team needs to pay all the players. I think everyone would love to see Brown back this season but the Titans are in a cap space crunch and something had to give.

Sadly, the team needs to pay all the players. I think everyone would love to see Brown back this season but the Titans are in a cap space crunch and something had to give.

Even if we had a healthy cap, you still can't give AJ $25 mil per year.

He showed his true colors during this process. He's well paid now, therefore I'm sure his production will take a big dip.

Good luck to the Eagles, because they're going to need it.

He showed his true colors during this process. He's well paid now, therefore I'm sure his production will take a big dip.

I wonder how or if the Eagles even got him to take a physical? Those knees are a problem, I love AJ Brown but his knees may prevent him from finishing this contract. Wait till he gets Hurts throwing him the ball. He is going to miss Tennessee very quickly

I wonder how or if the Eagles even got him to take a physical? Those knees are a problem, I love AJ Brown but his knees may prevent him from finishing this contract. Wait till he gets Hurts throwing him the ball. He is going to miss Tennessee very quickly
Jrob said the trade started developing like the night before the draft...so I doubt they had any time to get a physical. But I'm pretty sure he'll have a physical before he officially signs. There's been times where players were intending on signing with a team and then failed a physical so the deal was withdrawn. I'd guess if works the same way in this situation...

He wasn’t worth $25 mil or top 5 WR money well before the “drama” showed. He was never worth that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back