Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a fair value for AJ. He's coming off his worst season and missed numerous games this year due to nagging injuries. He played the least snaps of the top WR's in the league this season and we still got nearly the same draft compensation as the Packers and Chiefs got for Devante and Tyreek. Burks gonna ball out.

We got a fair value for AJ. He's coming off his worst season and missed numerous games this year due to nagging injuries. He played the least snaps of the top WR's in the league this season and we still got nearly the same draft compensation as the Packers and Chiefs got for Devante and Tyreek. Burks gonna ball out.
yeah... no

I’m sad AJB is gone. By far the best WR in franchise history.

but…

we were never going to pay him what the eagles did. We got a WR that is statistically and athletically similar, plus a 3rd, and saved $20m/year.
It’s hard to stomach but it was the right move and I’m glad JRob made both trades last night.

I was a little wide eyed at first -- but was not royally upset like alot of our fanbase...

We saw this coming weeks ago -- we put it on the back burner because we thought some agreement/extension would be made.

Even though there wasn't, we knew the possibilities - and discussed at length what we would take in return -- it was basically a salary dump for a 1st and 3rd, which I have no convictions against because it helps us keep Jeff.

Where I was pissed, was who we selected for his replacement..... Hopefully I am wrong.

As for contract disputes -- if you whine enough, you're going to become a thorn in every GM's side -- and they CAN and WILL find someone cheaper to do your job and/or earn more roster impact players via draft capital in spite of you...

I would have liked to have seen us get the eagles low teens pick instead of 18, where we would have had a couple options at WR.

It's a massive blow for us. J R and vrabs know this you can tell with the presser after the draft. But what I'm glad is they realise this and know what they've done ( which is for the better ment from for the team). ESPN said it's a cheap AJ brown replacement. I just hope it's salary wise and not talent wise. Light it up burks

No I wasn't...sure invite me, I would be more than happy to kick your ass

Back to the couch was in regards to you bringing up fantasy football...please keep up

You got it. I’ll be sure to send you an invite this year.

Well I guess you are on the couch too since you play fantasy football as well… hopefully you are better at FF than you are at talking sh*t lol

didnt even get a 1 for B11... just moved up 8 spots & added a third... did not even get a WR tossed in therefore forcing Titans into drafting WR

one of the lamest moves in Titans history

No we got a 1st & 3rd for AJ. We kept our 1st round pick until we were on the clock and traded back with the Jets.

At the end of the day I feel really bad for Henry. Henry wants to win a championship and nothing else, but it's hard to build a complete team when you have folks like AJ with other things on their mind other than winning a SB.

Don't worry about DH22. He's a professional. He'll deliver as long as he's not overused.

Guess, I'll add my two cents. I will note that I love this team and the players on it, but at this stage I have learned not to get too attached to any one player anymore. I hate to sound like a GM or player but this is honestly a Business. The players try to make as much as they can for themselves/family knowing they are one hit away from being outta the game. The GMs/Owners are trying to make the best financial decision for organization knowing that all it takes is one or two bad contracts to cripple a franchise for a good minute.

The thing about NFL contracts is they are like Car loans.....you buy a Hyundai (I own one) and as that thing get older it is worth less and less each year and will never be worth what you paid for it, but if you buy a Bugatti, Bentley, or Lambo...chances are you will be able to get MORE than you paid for it over time because it's a HIGH END vehicle. But honestly, even that theory can be flawed because look at the car market now and most cars are commanding more in sales than ever. Question is AJ a Hyundai, Bugatti or somewhere in between.

Bottomline for me is AJ's health issues every year and his key drops here and there, Tannehill being Avg at best and in my book, a choke artist, our commitment to the run game and RPOs, and lastly the amount of money that the WR Market is commanding made this trade ok to do. I'm glad he got paid, but did we get a haul for the trade..no, but as other have said, we have given ourselves some financial flexibility and that has to be considered a part of that trade. Did we get better? Idk, we haven't played a down yet and can't evaluate that until after the season. Anybody who said we got worse last year when DH22 went down last year was wrong, because we still ended up as the #1 Seed, and he came back and we lost still (Not his fault). Let's use our heads more than our hearts.

I'm worried that the Brown trade is going to reflect poorly on the organization. Is a receiver going to feel like playing hard for an offense which hardly throws the ball, and won't pay them?
no chance. They could have strung him out next year.

The organization treated AJB very well in this situation. He got his money now. Any other scenario than us overpaying him, he would not. I can't fault AJB or JRob for the situation. The market just did it as well as our overpaying for Tannehill (and Bud Dupree).

Your best bet these days is to buy "classic" jerseys.

I've owned 4 jerseys over the years - bought for me, luckily - Godfrey(cut), Young(sigh), Locker(ugh), Mariota(yikes), and only one left standing is my Byard one.

If I ever get another one, going McNair or George... maybe Blaine or Wycheck.

There is a reason my family wears our name and 00. Players can come and go, but we are Titans fans first.

I'm worried that the Brown trade is going to reflect poorly on the organization. Is a receiver going to feel like playing hard for an offense which hardly throws the ball, and won't pay them?
If they don't play hard they don't get 25mil/year contracts. You'd have to be an idiot if you have NFL talent but don't play hard because your feelings are hurt someone else didn't get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back