Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we signed a GM from the Patriots, and he's definitely following the Pats blueprint; trade your star players before they start their downhill decline.

Unfortunately, we traded our star WR about 6-8 years before the beginning of his decline...

It's not that they trade them before they decline. They just trade them if they can't afford to keep them. Brandin Cooks is a good example. So is Chandler Jones.

Awe man. That means Henry isn’t elite yet. I coulda sworn he was elite!
:biglaugh::biglaugh:
You did say receiver, BUT I’ve said many times the word elite gets thrown around way too easy.
Elite is generational talent, can be compared to all time greats and was among the very top multiple years.
Now I think exceptions can be made if, among those top seasons, the player has also reached records or close too.

Henry would is much closer to elite than Kupp by virtue of reaching 2K and lead the league what would have been 3 years in a row if not for the injury putting him in very exclusive company.
Kupp’s 1900 this season helped his case, but its just 1 season with 1 other solid season.

You did say receiver, BUT I’ve said many times the word elite gets thrown around way too easy.
Elite is generational talent, can be compared to all time greats and was among the very top multiple years.
Now I think exceptions can be made if, among those top seasons, the player has also reached records or close too.

Henry would is much closer to elite than Kupp by virtue of reaching 2K and lead the league what would have been 3 years in a row if not for the injury putting him in very exclusive company.
Kupp’s 1900 this season helped his case, but its just 1 season with 1 other solid season.
You're right the word elite gets used on here way too much...maybe it's an indication of being mediocre for years, but Kupp, Tannehill and JRob are not elite.

You're right the word elite gets used on here way too much...maybe it's an indication of being mediocre for years, but Kupp, Tannehill and JRob are not elite.
I don’t think it’s just here, the ESPN’s feed into that too.

I don’t really know how anyone could legitimately grade a GM without about 10-15 years of experience and only then, it’s has to be weighed on team success and all the individual players/moves.
GM to me only breaks down 4 ways- good and really good, bad and really bad. Their tenure with a team typically mirrors that ranking.

I’d like to see more from Kupp if I were to call him anything more than a good WR.
THill is never going to be elite, never was. I only want him to be the dreaded “game manager”.

If the Chiefs can trade Hill and survive we can survive losing Brown. Hill was WAY more important to Mahomes than Brown was to THill.

It’s a business and the salary cap matters. You can’t get emotional about it. Culture also matters and NO ONE is above the team. AJ clearly cares less about winning and more about money. He got his money. Good for him. His agent and Deebo trying to hold these teams hostage.

Tom Brady for 20 years took way less money so the team could build around him.

Culture matters.

Honestly I think that if WRs are going to demand this much money then the smart thing to do wold be to constantly just load up talant in the draft and constantly rotate the position.

If the Chiefs can trade Hill and survive we can survive losing Brown. Hill was WAY more important to Mahomes than Brown was to THill.

It’s a business and the salary cap matters. You can’t get emotional about it. Culture also matters and NO ONE is above the team. AJ clearly cares less about winning and more about money. He got his money. Good for him. His agent and Deebo trying to hold these teams hostage.

Tom Brady for 20 years took way less money so the team could build around him.

Culture matters.
I don’t know that I would say Brown was less important to Tannehill than Hill was to Mahommes, but Hill was certainly more productive than Brown. And you are spot on that you can’t have a single player hold the teams hostage. Hopefully, this is also a lesson to agents who are greedy and push these impressionable young guys in to the wrong decisions.

I don’t know that I would say Brown was less important to Tannehill than Hill was to Mahommes, but Hill was certainly more productive than Brown. And you are spot on that you can’t have a single player hold the teams hostage. Hopefully, this is also a lesson to agents who are greedy and push these impressionable young guys in to the wrong decisions.
Does the agent get a lesson out of what just happened to Brown? If anything, from the agent perspective, the lesson was to continue doing what he just did, it paid off. He does t care if the player changes teams.

And in other news, all the other WRs in the league coming off their worst seasons riddled by injuries and average production are also seeking $28M/yr with $80m guaranteed.
F*** the Jaguars and F*** AJ
Titan Up friends. The NEW Titans are gonna show the league what’s up next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back