Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the agent get a lesson out of what just happened to Brown? If anything, from the agent perspective, the lesson was to continue doing what he just did, it paid off. He does t care if the player changes teams.
Yeah, some agents no doubt. But others will bear in mind that the Titans won’t be held hostage.

Yeah, some agents no doubt. But others will bear in mind that the Titans won’t be held hostage.

Agents throw it against the wall to see if sticks. If does, they get paid. If it doesn't, they re-shape it until it does. Agents are going to get paid either way.

Absolutely made the right decision. If Brown was going sour on us then he shouldn’t be in the locker room. AND his play certainly wasn’t worth 80 mil guaranteed.

Honestly I think that if WRs are going to demand this much money then the smart thing to do wold be to constantly just load up talant in the draft and constantly rotate the position.
Yep. Draft em often, flip em for picks toward the end of their rookie deal. Just like we did.

And at some point, some team is going to have to call a bluff on these holdout threats.

You're gonna sit a year? Fine. Do it bitch.

Im all for the players getting paid and having power, but teams plan based on contracts.

B11 is only interested in $s which is fine... not the first Titan with that mentality

explains his 'business decisions' to sit out plays/games with minor :bs: 'injuries'. Titans should not put up with that nonsense

Laziest summary of other articles I've read in some time. There was zero information that hasn't already been published days ago by some other source.

Everyone wants to pretend to be an insider these days, but this one was special. :facepalm:
Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure she's the one that broke the news that AJ requested a trade and cut off communication with the team. You may have read it elsewhere first, but the she deserves the credit.

This is 100% a W for JRob. No other way to look at it unless you choose to be unhappy and ungrateful. That fact that we were even in this situation is a credit to JRob. Are you more upset the prom queen broke your heart after high school, or would you have preferred to never have banged her at all?

JRob is the reason we had AJ in the first place. Would you be less of upset right now if this situation never happened and we had JJ Arcega-Whitesdie on the roster? What if the Pats drafted AJ and we ended up with N'Keal Harry?

Plus, ultimately, flipping a second round pick into a 1st and 3rd 4 years later, is a win anyway you slice it.

I'll criticize JRob big time, when deserved. He has a lot to prove and make up for with his drafting and he's had some swings and misses with FAs. Those swings and misses, however, have been one-year deals. When it comes to long-term contracts vs letting players go, he's pretty much nailed it. His only Ls came from letting Conklin go and trading for Julio. Both were logical decisions at the time.

We won't know for a couple of years if this was the right move or not, but I have a hunch it will be. Let's take that money saved and build a better team (which we have), as opposed to paying a greedy induvial. Our odds for a Super Bowl, as low as they may be, are still better than the Eagles. We are better positioned as a team.

Don't be sad because the good times are over. Be happy that they happened at all.

I hope Burks develops into a good/great WR for us and Woods gets back asap...or the AJ trade will be a tough pill to swallow

Eagles WR DeVonta Smith excited 'just to learn from' new teammate A.J. Brown
At this point it's apparent that he was in it for the money. Which is fine.... I wouldn't leave 5mil+ sitting on the table either... But as a fan, you have to understand that... A good percentage of players only care about money. Entertaining us and winning football games isn't a priority. Hell I'd lose every NFL game thats ever happened for $25 million dollar...much less for every 17 games a season I played.

I am already sick of hearing about AJ Brown. F him. I suspect he will be a good WR for years to come and he may even be worth 25 mil a year to some team. But IMO for him to earn that 25 mil a year he will need to put up 1500 yds and 15+ tds a year. Anything less and he isnt earning it.

At this point it's apparent that he was in it for the money. Which is fine.... I wouldn't leave 5mil+ sitting on the table either... But as a fan, you have to understand that... A good percentage of players only care about money. Entertaining us and winning football games isn't a priority. Hell I'd lose every NFL game thats ever happened for $25 million dollar...much less for every 17 games a season I played.
I get it...and I know their mentality of you need to get it while you can...but 25 mil over 20 mil is ridiculous...it's not like we are talking about making 75k over 40k...where in the real world that can be significant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back