Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
idiot said he would beat up fans that said unpleasant things in front of his snowflake azz

The more he talks the more I’m convinced we had no choice but to move him and what we got is a huge haul compared to what it could be when he melts down. He may not be mentally stable. On the human side I wish him well and hope he gets help.

Just coming back to this thread because this move still gripes my ass. I know the Titans may be better off in the long run, and certainly got a better draft haul, but damn- its like the Titans can't have nice things.
If he ends up being a head case then good riddance. If not, it sucks.

Side note: watch Marcus ball out for Atlanta now that he's past being shell-shocked by the Wizzerhunt.

The more he talks the more I’m convinced we had no choice but to move him and what we got is a huge haul compared to what it could be when he melts down. He may not be mentally stable. On the human side I wish him well and hope he gets help.

Ain't got no gas in it...

Cooper Kupp extension...

Kupp is due $14.8 million in 2022 and $14.6 million in 2023. The $26.7 million per year Kupp is due to make from 2024-2026 would put him at No. 4 annually among his fellow wide receivers

I haven't read most of this thread, but have we discussed how a team like the Rams can afford to write $50-60M checks to players like Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp (with the money prorated over the length of the deal) whereas the Titans, with one of the NFL's relatively poorest owners, quite possibly don't have that kind of liquidity? Could have been a factor in the AJB trade.

It's one thing to be able to afford to pay out this kind of money over time, but not every owner in the NFL has that kind of money in the bank at any given moment. Stan Kroenke, the owner of the Rams, is way richer than the Adams family.

More on this stuff is in here: Explaining Aaron Donald’s Contract: How the Rams Do It - Sports Illustrated

Key exerpt:

Of course, this kind of contract-structuring can happen only with an owner who has substantial funds without any kind of cash flow issues. L.A. has such an owner in Stan Kroenke, worth an estimated $12 billion (his brother-in-law, Rob Walton, may soon own the Broncos).

There have been a few times over the years when some owners—small-market ones—have raised the issue of putting a second cap on yearly amounts of cash over cap. But those voices in owners’ meetings have been quickly drowned out by large-market owners—such as Jerry Jones and Kroenke—who rely heavily on proration and cash over cap to minimize early cap charges on large player contracts.​

I haven't read most of this thread, but have we discussed how a team like the Rams can afford to write $50-60M checks to players like Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp (with the money prorated over the length of the deal) whereas the Titans, with one of the NFL's relatively poorest owners, quite possibly don't have that kind of liquidity? Could have been a factor in the AJB trade.

It's one thing to be able to afford to pay out this kind of money over time, but not every owner in the NFL has that kind of money in the bank at any given moment. Stan Kroenke, the owner of the Rams, is way richer than the Adams family.

More on this stuff is in here: Explaining Aaron Donald’s Contract: How the Rams Do It - Sports Illustrated

Key exerpt:

Of course, this kind of contract-structuring can happen only with an owner who has substantial funds without any kind of cash flow issues. L.A. has such an owner in Stan Kroenke, worth an estimated $12 billion (his brother-in-law, Rob Walton, may soon own the Broncos).

There have been a few times over the years when some owners—small-market ones—have raised the issue of putting a second cap on yearly amounts of cash over cap. But those voices in owners’ meetings have been quickly drowned out by large-market owners—such as Jerry Jones and Kroenke—who rely heavily on proration and cash over cap to minimize early cap charges on large player contracts.​
The salary cap doesn’t exist for teams like LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back