Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith isn’t an issue, sadly he will be a head coach somewhere next season. Hopefully Vrabel drops his ego and hires a solid replacement and gets a legitimate defensive coordinator as well!

Half of Arthur's wins are Ryan tannehill leading game winning drives where hes forced to open up the field and target aj brown and Corey Davis more. For 3 quarters its bunch formation pass over the middle to firkser, then Ryan tannehill has to win the game once Arthur is forced to not play like a pussy.

Ryan Tannehill gamewinners: Minnesota or Jacksonville I forget, Houston, Baltimore... and almost Pittsburg.

Art Smith sucks... hes got an elite qb and like 4 playmakers on offense. Dude only knows how to throw to firkser

Half of Arthur's wins are Ryan tannehill leading game winning drives where hes forced to open up the field and target aj brown and Corey Davis more. For 3 quarters its bunch formation pass over the middle to firkser, then Ryan tannehill has to win the game once Arthur is forced to not play like a *****.

Ryan Tannehill gamewinners: Minnesota or Jacksonville I forget, Houston, Baltimore... and almost Pittsburg.

Art Smith sucks... hes got an elite qb and like 4 playmakers on offense. Dude only knows how to throw to firkser

I mean the OL arthur's working with is playing musical chairs with injuries and inexperience...... so in effect there's a reason they play bunch formation - it makes quick throws possible, and defeats man coverage with crossers, drags, etc.

You throw to guys like firkser and humphries when you need a catch and fall down 1st down

No, I was the guy saying tannehill is a slightly above average qb and Mariota was broken by a revolving door of coaching staff

Tanne is still slightly above average and Henry carries him. Henry is our MVP
You do know all we have to do is click on your profile and look at your posting history to show that you are lying... you know stuff like "if we bring in Tannehill he will throw 3 interceptions and get sacked 10 times this game"

and Ill never forget the way you trashed Tannehill in shoutbox.

He didn't get the results because Mary was so inconsistent and the team generally wasn't very good, but Lafleur was fantastic here. After years of not really seeing any separation ever, he repeatedly schemed our guys wide open.

I think Art is doing great, but I also understand that bunch formations set up the play action and create mismatches and confusion that let our athletes get YAC.

Do yall crazy people still think he's not a problem? Handing it off to a 3rd string rb on 4th and 2 instead of giving it to Henry or heck giving brown or davis a chance?

I just posted this on the game day thread... and saw this thread so I’ll repost it again here.

“Any of you guys complaining about what an idiot Arthur Smith is, how bad he is... I think you should remember we are the number 2 or 3 offense in the entire NFL. Short memories I guess, this is best Titans offense I have ever witnessed.

I agree that he over thinks things sometimes or tries to get too cute. But if he ends up landing a HC job next year, we’ll be hard pressed to “easily” replace him. Just look what the loss of Pees did for our defense. Be thankful we have him, he’s obviously not perfect but those calling for his head are morons.”

I just posted this on the game day thread... and saw this thread so I’ll repost it again here.

“Any of you guys complaining about what an idiot Arthur Smith is, how bad he is... I think you should remember we are the number 2 or 3 offense in the entire NFL. Short memories I guess, this is best Titans offense I have ever witnessed.

I agree that he over thinks things sometimes or tries to get too cute. But if he ends up landing a HC job next year, we’ll be hard pressed to “easily” replace him. Just look what the loss of Pees did for our defense. Be thankful we have him, he’s obviously not perfect but those calling for his head are morons.”

The attitude you are calling out is that of an "What have you done for me lately" . I've said this once and I'll say it again. Personally I'm not far enough removed from the 2-14 and 3-13 type seasons to not enjoy the success we are currently having.

His offense worked in the beginning but now that teams have tape on him they know whats coming. It's wayyyy to predictable. Defenses are sitting on our routes and know what's coming.

Against the bears it was always play action on 1st, run on 2nd, pass on 3rd, and punt. Far too many times he gets away from the run etc..

Where are the reverses to aj brown, pitches to jonnu etc. Hes got major yac weapons and he doesn't get them

I think your point of view is very simplistic....you're not taking the time to look at the whole picture. First he's dealing with major injuries to the offensive line, and tight ends. Second our defense has put huge stress on our offense because of their poor overall play this season....and yet this offense still finds ways to produce, and still a top ranked offense. Just take your time to analyze the whole picture.

Decent OC, but I don't understand why he's considered HC material.

Maybe someone on here can elaborate.

#fedexconnections

My guess is .. they look at Lafleur being gone after 1 season. Always being negative. Expecting the worst.

But He isn’t ready to be a HC yet. He doesn’t even remotely have the resume that Matt Lafleur had. Smith is a career Titan. I doubt he leaves for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back