Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not about not having any fire, some people are just good at being a Coordinator, its not necessarily a bad thing.

Something to be said about continuity too

While this is true, nobody is ever going to admit to themselves that they've hit their ceiling. Any failed coach will always think they can do better the next time if given a chance, and rightfully so. It's a bad thing if you don't believe in your ability to learn and get better.

So outside of an extremely older OC, they're all going to want to be a HC. I'd rather have to keep replacing them every few years than get guys with no fire or guys so old they can't keep up with modern trends. And honestly once Tanny and Henry get older, this offense will come back down to earth.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him...he knows he has a solid situation here in TN...his family with his 3 kids are settled into Nashville...Being a head coach is certainly time consuming and more pressure packed than being the OC...instead of uprooting my family and likely having to move again in 5 yrs I would ride this thing out.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him...he knows he has a solid situation here in TN...his family with his 3 kids are settled into Nashville...Being a head coach is certainly time consuming and more pressure packed than being the OC...instead of uprooting my family and likely having to move again in 5 yrs I would ride this thing out.
Sometimes the drive to move ahead outweighs playing it safe.

Anyone that calls a run to Jeremy McNichols on a 4th and 2 play when you have a Derrick Henry, has no business being a head coach. In fact I'm not sure he has any business being an OC. Especially when you have other weapons like AJ Brown, Davis, Smith. Etc.... McNichols would be the last guy I'd give the ball too there.

Anyone that calls a run to Jeremy McNichols on a 4th and 2 play when you have a Derrick Henry, has no business being a head coach. In fact I'm not sure he has any business being an OC. Especially when you have other weapons like AJ Brown, Davis, Smith. Etc.... McNichols would be the last guy I'd give the ball too there.
I thought the same thing! He's a good OC but as its been said on here, he tends to get too cute at times.

Henry was running well, why get away from that?

Surely you guys saw what they tried to do... it was a rush play.. they tried to get the yards before the defense could set... they didnt have time to switch out players.. yes it didnt work, but it could have.

Going by stats he's the best OC Tennessee ever had....might be all time best franchise wise. You don't like him maybe on a personal level, don't know that's fine. That said production wise he's the best in Titans history.

He's got about 5 million reasons to want to be a head coach. Say what you want to about his family being wealthy, but if I were him, I'd want to make my own money and have my own success regardless of what my dad did. In fact that's probably something that drives him to succeed.

People seem to always assume that his opportunity came because of his dad, but he really seems like the kind of person that doesn't want that at all. And his success has absolutely nothing to do with his families money.

He seems to be the type who wants to make his own path, own money, and own success. There's a reason he went into coaching and didn't go to work for FedEx or some other company his dad probably could have gotten him a job at.

While this is true, nobody is ever going to admit to themselves that they've hit their ceiling. Any failed coach will always think they can do better the next time if given a chance, and rightfully so. It's a bad thing if you don't believe in your ability to learn and get better.

So outside of an extremely older OC, they're all going to want to be a HC. I'd rather have to keep replacing them every few years than get guys with no fire or guys so old they can't keep up with modern trends. And honestly once Tanny and Henry get older, this offense will come back down to earth.
I don't understand this no fire stuff
You can have fire as an OC or DC and not want to be a HC...I have no desire to be a Supervisor or Manager, love what I'm doing...doesn't mean I don't have fire for my profession

So many OC and DCs have failed as HC.

Like I said in another post, something to be said for continuity

He's got about 5 million reasons to want to be a head coach. Say what you want to about his family being wealthy, but if I were him, I'd want to make my own money and have my own success regardless of what my dad did. In fact that's probably something that drives him to succeed.

People seem to always assume that his opportunity came because of his dad, but he really seems like the kind of person that doesn't want that at all. And his success has absolutely nothing to do with his families money.

He seems to be the type who wants to make his own path, own money, and own success. There's a reason he went into coaching and didn't go to work for FedEx or some other company his dad probably could have gotten him a job at.
I'm not questioning that at all. He just isn't a very good oc. Gets in his own way too many times! Like throwing a screen to corey davis the fumbling machine, or the 4th down run. He has his moments but farrrr too many times he's his own Achilles heel

Come on... they all do it. You are being unduly harsh on him. Watch more games. All Coaches get cute sometimes. They run plays so other teams have film on it. Did the Titans need to run that fake punt? NO. But they needed to run it in a game and needed other teams to have film on it. Now teams have to plan for it.

Getting cute wasn’t invented by Smith.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not questioning that at all. He just isn't a very good oc. Gets in his own way too many times! Like throwing a screen to corey davis the fumbling machine, or the 4th down run. He has his moments but farrrr too many times he's his own Achilles heel
Corey Davis fumbling machine? 4 career fumbles

You really aren't a Titans fan are you?

Corey Davis the fumbling machine.

4 career fumbles.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Your takes are horrible and uniformed. Corey Davis has 1, ONE fumble this season. Before you say it, he has 1 per year. That isn’t a fumble machine. You see something 1 time and just immediately lose your chit over it. Smith has done a great job with our offense. It’s possible the Titans have a 2000 yard rusher, 4000 yard passer 2 1000 yard receivers. This is far and away the best offense this franchise has ever had. It’s not even close.

How you could have any issue with this offense is insane.

I don't understand this no fire stuff
You can have fire as an OC or DC and not want to be a HC...I have no desire to be a Supervisor or Manager, love what I'm doing...doesn't mean I don't have fire for my profession

So many OC and DCs have failed as HC.

Like I said in another post, something to be said for continuity
Yes it does. I am very disappointed in your fire level. Perhaps if you ate more peppers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back